AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m confused about this:​

Sebastian is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 120 pounds with dirty blond hair. He was last seen on Monday, Feb. 26 near Stafford Court wearing a black sweatshirt and black sweatpants, said the TBI.

I thought mom was the last to see him on Sunday night when he went to bed around 9:00 pm?
Perhaps going off the 911 call and sloppy reporting. ??

Does anyone local know the location of this construction area in relation to Sebastian's home?
Good question.
I have no idea how to discover that.
Maybe someone here who is more 'map-savvy' can chime in ?
Was it a home under construction or like a commercial area that produces sand and gravel, etc. ?
If the area the dogs hit on was private residence/land, it might not show on a map.
But if a sand pit for example, it should show on a map.

I’m confused about this:​

Sebastian is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 120 pounds with dirty blond hair. He was last seen on Monday, Feb. 26 near Stafford Court wearing a black sweatshirt and black sweatpants, said the TBI.

I thought mom was the last to see him on Sunday night when he went to bed around 9:00 pm?
While being interviewed, she said he was so happy that morning. Someone has corrected me by saying she meant the morning before. I am going to try to find that video again. My brain lit up when she said he was happy that morning. He was never a runner. He had never run away before. She can't understand why he walked out the front door. That is what I heard. I want to find the video again to ensure that I am not confusing two videos.

Also, why do we continually hear that he walked out the front door, which was found locked? Could he have walked out the backdoor? How does the mom know that Sebastian went out the front door?

Looking at Google maps...I see a large subdivision under construction next to their neighborhood.

I wonder if this is the construction area bio-Dad referred to that Sebastian's scent was traced to?

Homes there appear to be in various stages of construction- some complete, some just starting and all phases in-between. There would be lots of places to hide, get hurt, etc on these sites.

I hope dumpsters & port-a-johns were checked.

I also wonder if the landfill used for construction dumpsters is the same place the residential trash goes to?

Contractors also come and go, typically starting by 7 in most trades.

I hope this avenue has been explored.

_________
Just my thoughts and opinion at this time.

Screenshot is my own from GoogleMaps.Screenshot_20240311_211352_Maps.jpg

I have a 10 yo ASD1 son - PDA profile. He has an obsession with flashlights. He is always swiping (and losing) them. We have so many around the house. I’m not sure why he loves them so much. It doesn’t even seem to matter if they work or not. He loves carrying them around.

He also likes being in small spaces. If he can’t be, he is under a huge blanket with only his face and hands out. He calls it ‘being cozy’ but it means a feeling of safeness and security instead of warmth or homey.

I agree with others who say that boys and girls present differently when they’re on the spectrum. I immediately just somehow knew SR was in the spectrum. My son looks just like him and there is just something to facial expressions, smile, thin build, a certain stiffness in photos….my little guy is so sweet. I imagine SR is, too. This case has made me so upset.

I would like to know so many things, but two items in particular are bothering me: was his bed made or slept in? Are there cameras at the rear of the house? Garage? They keep talking about the front door, but what about other ways out?

I think it’s telling that they haven’t mentioned SR’s hyperfixations. My dad’s are math, computers, cats. Mine are dinosaurs, math, and the solar system. My son’s are whales, dinosaurs, and the solar system. I’m not saying it is a must, but I’ve yet to meet someone on the spectrum who didn't have some form of hyperfixation.

Based on bio dad has said, I don’t think he would have left without shoes. I have an awful feeling but am just hoping so, so hard that he is somehow okay.

I know this has been discussed a little earlier, about the possibility Sebastian may have eloped or drowned- But I want to share my perspective on it since I'm autistic myself. It seems like this case is taking a different direction but I still wanted to let people know.
Usually, autistic elopement/drowning deaths either occur in young children or people with significant intellectual disabilities; that is people who aren't fully aware of the dangers associated. And even then it's not a universal thing among those populations. As a young kid, I hated the feeling of being wet, and I still do, so I was never attracted to water. If the person knows how to swim, a non-intellectually-disabled autistic adult is at no higher risk of drowning than anyone else. I feel like some people treat bodies of water like some sort of autism death traps when this really isn't true- Obviously it's something to be aware of if you're dealing with a missing toddler (or older person with ID), especially if they're known to be attracted to water. But it shouldn't be automatically thought of as the most likely scenario as soon as it's revealed a missing person (especially an adult/teen) has autism.
Sebastian is 15 and seems to not be intellectually disabled, therefore an elopement/drowning death would be *very* unusual. Yes, he could have left home voluntarily and gotten into trouble somehow, but elopement in the traditional sense doesn't seem likely at all.

Bio-Dad called into this podcast on YT. Trying to sum up a few things-

He discussed scent that was picked up by dog on Monday and tracked to that construction site where it ended. Bio-Dad stated this typically means they got into a vehicle when scent ends abruptly like this. Dad also talks about Sebastian playing on Playstation, but that he only plays under his account, with Dads "friends" on there, and doesn't play with strangers. Said Sebastian never expressed anything about living with Mom and step-dad. He also stated that Sebastian was going to come live with him full time once summer started. Says he is not getting any specific info from LE Last conversation he had with Sebastian was Thursday the 22nd. Usually talked a few minutes during the week and picked him up Fridays on his scheduled visitation. Said to his knowledge, step-dad had been in Memphis all week working.

Definitely answers a few questions that have been floating here and elsewhere-

I know this has been discussed a little earlier, about the possibility Sebastian may have eloped or drowned- But I want to share my perspective on it since I'm autistic myself. It seems like this case is taking a different direction but I still wanted to let people know.
Usually, autistic elopement/drowning deaths either occur in young children or people with significant intellectual disabilities; that is people who aren't fully aware of the dangers associated. And even then it's not a universal thing among those populations. As a young kid, I hated the feeling of being wet, and I still do, so I was never attracted to water. If the person knows how to swim, a non-intellectually-disabled autistic adult is at no higher risk of drowning than anyone else. I feel like some people treat bodies of water like some sort of autism death traps when this really isn't true- Obviously it's something to be aware of if you're dealing with a missing toddler (or older person with ID), especially if they're known to be attracted to water. But it shouldn't be automatically thought of as the most likely scenario as soon as it's revealed a missing person (especially an adult/teen) has autism.
Sebastian is 15 and seems to not be intellectually disabled, therefore an elopement/drowning death would be *very* unusual. Yes, he could have left home voluntarily and gotten into trouble somehow, but elopement in the traditional sense doesn't seem likely at all.
Thank you. Just thank you

Bbm.
Sounds like they're pretty close ?
Wonder if besides phone calls/texts, they communicated online-- so that if Sebastian was someplace where he had internet access, he could get a message out ?
:(
Fingers crossed and hoping for a good update soon !
As time passes, it's getting harder, though.
Sebastian, where are you ??
Omo.
A few years back, shortly before Christmas a boy about Sebastian's age, possibly a little younger, went missing. The "vibe" of the situation was quite different, however. Anyway, the poor child had skipped school, wandered off, and begun to explore a neighboring house that was under renovation, work had been paused for the winter while the owners were away. He got stuck part way down one of the old chimneys. He passed from positional asphyxiation. That case keeps running through my mind; although, I'm skeptical that a similar situation is going on here. I hope they have checked all outbuildings, construction sites, etc...just in case.

I don't understand whatsoever the Mom and SD not showing up for the vigil and refusing to have their faces on camera. That's incredibly bizarre, imoo.

He discussed scent that was picked up by dog on Monday and tracked to that construction site where it ended. Bio-Dad stated this typically means they got into a vehicle when scent ends abruptly like this. Dad also talks about Sebastian playing on Playstation, but that he only plays under his account, with Dads "friends" on there, and doesn't play with strangers. Said Sebastian never expressed anything about living with Mom and step-dad.

SFF BBM

Hmm... I know sole focus is on the mom and step-father right now, but now I see other possibilities. Well, at least one. The statement BBM regarding playing online PlayStation with "Dad's friends"? That is certainly interesting to me. MOO

SFF BBM

Hmm... I know sole focus is on the mom and step-father right now, but now I see other possibilities. Well, at least one. The statement BBM regarding playing online PlayStation with "Dad's friends"? That is certainly interesting to me. MOO
Yes, that remark does seem to open up another possibility.

Looking at Google maps...I see a large subdivision under construction next to their neighborhood.

I wonder if this is the construction area bio-Dad referred to that Sebastian's scent was traced to?

Homes there appear to be in various stages of construction- some complete, some just starting and all phases in-between. There would be lots of places to hide, get hurt, etc on these sites.

I hope dumpsters & port-a-johns were checked.

I also wonder if the landfill used for construction dumpsters is the same place the residential trash goes to?

Contractors also come and go, typically starting by 7 in most trades.

I hope this avenue has been explored.

_________
Just my thoughts and opinion at this time.

Screenshot is my own from GoogleMaps.View attachment 489797
His high school is to the right of this picture and this is the construction site they were referring to where the dogs tracked. The handlers said mud and walking in the water could throw off the scent. Interestingly enough, the dogs found another missing child less than 2 miles from here not long ago.

His high school is to the right of this picture and this is the construction site they were referring to where the dogs tracked. The handlers said mud and walking in the water could throw off the scent. Interestingly enough, the dogs found another missing child less than 2 miles from here not long ago.
And there could not be any chance that the dogs picked up his scent from a prior time, before he went missing, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves