Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are two completely separate cases though, so one moving fast has nothing to do with the other. If this was all found on his phone, then they could have charged this days ago. There was simply no rush there.

Similarly, we know that mom committed a crime based on that police report that says she told LE that she last saw her daughter getting ready to school.

They could almost certainly charge her with that now if they wanted to, but we’ve seen this type of thing in too many cases to count. We know that they are in a position to at least charge something, but they wait to drop the charges all at once.
Yeah, we're going to disagree on this one (which is just stating the obvious) ;)

I'm holding off on making any negative assumptions about mom, including why she said she saw Maddie getting dressed for school at 8am (folks misremember stuff, it happens) until or unless LE provide evidence that make it clear she was somehow involved in Maddie's death and/or her ongoing abuse.

jmo

Its horrible, he was abusing her multiple times a week.
And he has CSAM with victims under 5.
Gross. SS is a cloven-hooved beast from the depths of hell!!

I certainly hope there aren’t current or former Disney coworkers involved in SS’s CSAM material exchanges or distribution. IDK what the solution is to the child predator to Disney pipeline problem, but there has to be some way to keep these people from being hired there over and over again. How can they further vet employees who don’t have a criminal history?

Count 34…includes an image of a child younger than 5.
No words.
Is grade k 5yo?
I know he was with JS and MS when MS was in K and def in 1st grade….

I think we should tap the brakes here.

I was initially confused myself, but it gives a list that includes child younger than 5, but other options that aren’t related to that age. So I don’t think this means there’s another child.

…and the content of at least one image contains one or more of the following: a child who is younger than the age of five, sadomasochistic abuse involving a child, sexual battery involving achild, sexual bestiality involving achild, or any movie involving achild, regardless of length and regardless of whether the movie contains sound.

Snipped for focus-

They don't necessarily have to know cause and manner of death in order to release the body to a funeral home. They will have done a complete autopsy and investigation, but if there is any evidence that drugs may have been involved in her death (to sedate her, for example), the death certificate would read 'pending toxicology' until the tox screens come back. It can take up to 6 weeks or so for toxicology results to be available in my experience, and then they will update the death certificate if the tox results show something significant.

Source: I'm a retired Florida funeral director who has worked with this medical examiner's office countless times.
Right, and I meant to add unless the COD is pending tox (I think I mentioned that in the last thread).

I think SS abused MS as well as other children. I did note some charges stated “in a position of familial or custodial authority” while others did not have this notation. imo
Would SS have any legal authority over MS if he and JS were never married?

I was initially confused myself, but it gives a list that includes child younger than 5, but other options that aren’t related to that age. So I don’t think this means there’s another child.

…and the content of at least one image contains one or more of the following: a child who is younger than the age of five, sadomasochistic abuse involving a child, sexual battery involving achild, sexual bestiality involving achild, or any movie involving achild, regardless of length and regardless of whether the movie contains sound.
Yea, I read that to not mean another child.

I have not seen the charges actually posted and the source site (Kelvin Soto??) https://courts.osceolaclerk.com/Ben...Details/3358251?digest=JqL2CN9sKuDD4nAqAoZNjA runs real slow....And fair warning, its a pretty disturbing document.

One legal clarification from other sources: Any video clip, with sound or otherwise, exceeds the (10) image count that trips the threshold for charges 21 through 60. From as much as can be seen here, there could be multiple video clips from each of the encounters between SS and MS and thus those 40 collection of images could all be from those sessions.

https://syfert.com/florida/statutes/0827.071.html
includes the statute transcribed.

ETA: Too big a file won't upload in one piece. See if I can make multiples....

Last edited:
Those of you who can hold out for JS being completely unaware and innocent....you're just a nicer person or different somehow than me, I think. You really are.

If this was something that happened a few times, OK.

But hundreds of images over years? She lived with him on and off for many years, right? Am I wrong to assume from the dates in this new information this also includes during the pandemic and the lockdowns when you would assume at times all 3, and possibly even more people depending on who was living in that condo, would have been home at the same time?

I'm just flabbergasted.

He had that amount of disgusting stuff on his devices, and I think we're reasonably sure a lot, if not all, of it is MS how do you not know? Even if you're not someone who snoops, how do you not accidentally walk in on it either happening or him watching it or pick up his phone by mistake or something?

Just unreal....

Poor child...or likely, poor children.

Would SS have any legal authority over MS if he and JS were never married?
Not to my knowledge. Let's say, JS had passed away and there was no next of kin available to take MS. She would first go into state care. SS would have to petition for custody. There would be a LOT of hurdles for a mother's boyfriend to overcome, before they would be granted custody.

Those of you who can hold out for JS being completely unaware and innocent....you're just a nicer person or different somehow than me, I think. You really are.

If this was something that happened a few times, OK.

But hundreds of images over years? She lived with him on and off for many years, right? Am I wrong to assume from the dates in this new information this also includes during the pandemic and the lockdowns when you would assume at times all 3, and possibly even more people depending on who was living in that condo, would have been home at the same time?

I'm just flabbergasted.

He had that amount of disgusting stuff on his devices, and I think we're reasonably sure a lot, if not all, of it is MS how do you not know? Even if you're not someone who snoops, how do you not accidentally walk in on it either happening or him watching it or pick up his phone by mistake or something?

Just unreal....

Poor child...or likely, poor children.
ITA and what about bath time ? Unless he was the one helping ? It makes no sense that there was no physical evidence of his attacks on this child that went unseen-
Especially if it started around 5
JMO

I agree.

I think the "or" is key and it's only the first option that it CAN be a child under 5, CAN be all the various acts OR CAN be a movie involving a child, not that it means in this case it involved a child under 5.

Count 34…includes an image of a child younger than 5.
No words.
Is grade k 5yo?
I know he was with JS and MS when MS was in K and def in 1st grade….
Not necessarily. It states that at least one image contains one or more of the following, then goes on to list what they might contain. One of those is sexual abuse of a child, which is what probably applies here. So, it could be one of those, or all of them. They're all horrific, though. IMO.

Not to my knowledge. Let's say, JS had passed away and there was no next of kin available to take MS. She would first go into state care. SS would have to petition for custody. There would be a LOT of hurdles for a mother's boyfriend to overcome, before they would be granted custody.
Some of the charges note "in a position of familial or custodial authority" (meaning he abused a child that he had familial or custodial authority over) while others do not. If they said this because he lived with Maddy for several years, I think that's an odd choice for words because he wouldn't have any legal authority over her. Not sure how Florida recognizes common law marriages but I still don't think that would give him legal rights to her care. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125