Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish this could somehow be true.
Same. I just can't think of any feasible situation, if there is no foul play like a kidnapping, where he'd be alive somewhere. I guess if there was some large swath of wilderness near by to get lost in? Or he purposely wanted to get off the grid? Seems unlikely.

Here is the interview with the lady who was feeding homeless and said she and her co-workers saw a homeless many wearing a shirt that looked like Riley Strains black and white shirt. The interview is the second window from the top.

Same. I just can't think of any feasible situation, if there is no foul play like a kidnapping, where he'd be alive somewhere. I guess if there was some large swath of wilderness near by to get lost in? Or he purposely wanted to get off the grid? Seems unlikely.
Logistically, it seems impossible that he could remain undetected, or be able to feed himself.

Hello. This is my first post. I’ve been following this case since the beginning. I don’t have much to add but wanted to mention that I have an iPhone and apple watch and if my phone battery dies, my watch does not function the same because it has to connect via Bluetooth to my phone. I do not think his Apple Watch necessarily died at the same time as his phone, it’s just it can’t be tracked when not connected to Bluetooth on the phone. I hope Riley is found soon. I’m a mom and am so sad following this case.

Hello. This is my first post. I’ve been following this case since the beginning. I don’t have much to add but wanted to mention that I have an iPhone and apple watch and if my phone battery dies, my watch does not function the same because it has to connect via Bluetooth to my phone. I do not think his Apple Watch necessarily died at the same time as his phone, it’s just it can’t be tracked when not connected to Bluetooth on the phone. I hope Riley is found soon. I’m a mom and am so sad following this case.
That's a great point. Welcome to Websleuths!

I understand having hope. There is no proof that he has passed. I want the best for this family. I believe he will likely be in the water, but I understand his parents trying so hard to keep hope alive in their hearts and minds.

So many people fall in the water when drunk. I was interested reading the links that were provided, but also knowing I have followed many cases here on WS. I personally think that when drunk, some may go close to the water to relieve themselves and fall in.
Yes. Or they think a dip will clear their heads, according to one of the articles I read.

Good point! I know this might sound kind of crazy but I have a friend who knows her son drinks heavily and asks him as a worst case scenario precaution (such as this one!) to keep an air tag in his pocket. He always rolls his eyes but does it!

If you have been following this case and have been watching all of the videos released by police you will notice in the most recent video when the police officer spoke to him he was able to respond well enough to lead me to believe that he was somewhat coherent. I definitely think he was intoxicated but still had somewhat of an awareness.

It seems as if he was intending to go to his hotel ‘tempo by Hilton’ but may have been heading towards a building called ‘your tempo’, possibly confusing the two.

It looks as if the area he was in was a fairly steep slope to navigate through with trees, bushes & trash to get to the river- it would be a challenge even for someone sober to get to the water. If he had gone towards the river it would be safe to assume that he would likely fall and possibly make commotion on his descent towards the river. I’m not totally sold on this theory, based on the information provided to the public.

I think he willingly got in a vehicle with someone with intent to go to the hotel because he did realize he was lost.

Is it possible for police to get a tower dump warrant without reasonable proof that there is foul play involved?

** I’m also very well aware they have much more information that will understandably, not be shared with the public at this point. Which could be the reason they are bringing a team in to search the water a bit more extensively.

This post lands at random but just wanted to say that family friend and spokesperson CD has been incredible IMO. Should anyone find themselves in such a horrifying nightmarish situation it must be of some comfort to have a dedicated friend to take the helm in such a professional, proactive and supportive way. Bless you, CD.

The drone footage was really helpful. It also showed the direction that the river flows.
I followed the river on a map and it ends up going into a lake called “Old Hickory Lake”.
I realize that isn't the end destination of the river but there are a lot of inlets. I wonder if they have searched that lake?

Attachments

• IMG_7275.jpeg
    IMG_7275.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
Elements of this case are almost exactly the same as one in Michigan recently. When I saw the headline of drunken out of town college student missing after leaving bar, I instantly wondered if there is a river nearby.

For Brendon Santo police searched for 2 1/2 months, but it took a dedicated private investigator to become zen with the river and figure out Brendon was pinned under a log jam. Maybe the Strain family should call this Ryan Robinson…
PI finds missing college student

Brendan went missing on Halloween and in January the PI was finding pumpkins in a curious spot. Someone send some pumpkins down the river in nashville, see what they do?
Oh man. So sad.

Everyone’s nieces and daughters and granddaughters (and sons as well) need to know to NEVER EVER leave a drink unattended at a bar or a party. They also need to hope they have good friends who have your back and don’t leave you if there is danger.
We need to train our young ones to be those good friends
We all have our stories and those are mine!
It would be far better to teach those Nieces, daughters and granddaughters to stay away from bars and the poison called alcohol altogether, IMO

@FOXNashville

"He's my best friend." The mother of missing college student Riley Strain broke down in tears during a Nashville press conference Tuesday. https://tinyurl.com/7rret8se

That was such a tough watch such raw emotion - from what we know they had such a great mother/son relationship.

I hope he is found quickly so she isn’t left with the ‘unknown’ hanging over her for a long time.

With their relationship being so close I’m not sure how she will even begin to try to move on from this.

As harsh as it sounds I hope a police family liaison officer is basically telling them this is now a recovery mission rather than a rescue mission - I think she needs to hear those words

Watching this gives me chills. The water is far closer than I initially thought and given where his debit card was found, it seems more likely than not, he ended up in the water.

According to reports, the Cumberland water level was about 7' higher on the night Riley disappeared as compared to the day his CC was found.

Appears to be the perfect storm of bad choices that night - getting smashed, walking the opposite direction of the hotel, not asking for help, and possible urinating in the wrong place too close to the river.

Reminds me of the case of Delano Burkes. He left a bar, was seen stumbling on camera, and then they found him in the ship channel.

As I mentioned in the threads about Delano, I lost a middle school friend when his frat brothers abandoned him at a Nuggets game in Denver because he was too drunk. He ended up dead on the railroad tracks in eastern Colorado.

The debit/credit card being found seems to be a very valuable piece of information. It looks like it was found near a homeless garbage dump near the river. I doubt that it washed ashore as some have speculated, but it would appear to also have been dumped in the garbage pit by the nearby homeless population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls