Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

It really is a shame that he wound up in that particular area with those steep embankments dropping off into the river.

I’ve never been to Nashville, but I do recall being in various cities in my younger days, and stopping to sit and smoke in random parks with benches, flat terrain and somewhere to get your bearings, such as this
one in Morristown, New Jersey in the picture below.

If Riley really was messed up by confusing Tempo Hotel by Hilton with that other Tempo address, that is just an awful twist of fate. :(

IMG_8943.jpeg

MAR 24, 2024
The family of Riley Strain has headed back to their home in Missouri after the heart-wrenching discovery Friday of their 22-year-old son's body, pulled from the Cumberland River approximately eight miles from downtown Nashville.

Tribute after tribute honoring Strain's memory continues to pour in. Nashville was lit up in green overnight, Strain's favorite color, at spots like the Bridgestone Arena and Hyatt Hotel. A makeshift memorial by the riverfront had a white "R" and white flowers, near the water.

[...]

I wonder what his autopsy will find. Alcohol poisoning like Dakota Bingham?
Blood alcohol levels at autopsy are valid up to 48 hours after death when simple principles are observed in the collection and storage of samples
I dont think theyll be able to determine his blood alcohol levels.

I dont think theyll be able to determine his blood alcohol levels.

I think it depends - according to the Island Packet, the BAC of Mallory Beach at the time of the Murdaugh boat crash was determined by a lab toxicology report despite the fact she was found 8 days later.

I think it depends - according to the Island Packet, the BAC of Mallory Beach at the time of the Murdaugh boat crash was determined by a lab toxicology report despite the fact she was found 8 days later.
I'm interested in this as well, as my understanding of the BAC is as others have mentioned. After about 48 hrs it's unreliable, can even increase due to decomp, and am surprised they felt confident with Mallory's level after all that time. Hmm.

I'm interested in this as well, as my understanding of the BAC is as others have mentioned. After about 48 hrs it's unreliable, can even increase due to decomp, and am surprised they felt confident with Mallory's level after all that time. Hmm.
I'm surprised too. But there wasn't really any doubt about how Mallory ended up in the water. There also wasn't much doubt the entire group of underage teenagers had been drinking. The boat crash was witnessed but the case never got to trial. The civil case was settled so who could/would have challenged Mallory's reported BAC?
MOO

Metro leaders are looking at a list of safety improvements in the wake of RILEY STRAIN’S death. You can see the area from which he likely fell, under the James Robertson Pky bridge. The fence is not that secure (only one railing). Better barriers are at the top of the list.

View attachment 492584
If he fell over that low rail under the bridge, might he have died from the fall [edit: or become unconscious]? I guess the preliminary autopsy would have indicated that. He may have fallen directly into the river. It looks like there are trees there but the water level was high on that day.

Last edited:
Moo.. naa it will not and should not haunt them. They are adults and that is the way they will remember this. Misadventure could of happened to any of them. They see each other as adults even if other people don't. They will grieve. ..moo
I agree about that they shouldn’t be haunted by what happened. They are young and probably were as drunk/ had drinks as Riley.

When I was in my 20s I encountered so many situations where it could end up here ( luckily it didn’t) I have lost friends before and realised they are gone waay too late. I did the “ are you ok to get home?” Answer yes for granted. I didn’t think straight I didn’t anticipate something horrible to happen because the reality is that milions of people go out get drunk with friends and are back home just fine. Gosh when I come to think about that times its a miracle I and my friends are alright.

If he fell over that low rail under the bridge, might he have died from the fall [edit: or become unconscious]? I guess the preliminary autopsy would have indicated that. He may have fallen directly into the river. It looks like there are trees there but the water level was high on that day.
Apparently a huge amount of drownings from boats is due to urinating over the rail and falling in. MOO thats what happened here, very similar set
up to a boat and he was 6'7".

Moo.. naa it will not and should not haunt them. They are adults and that is the way they will remember this. Misadventure could of happened to any of them. They see each other as adults even if other people don't. They will grieve. ..moo
Agree, at some point all the individuals who were involved with Riley's situation and/or came across RIley that night in some way will wish they had done something different, but that is hindsight. I believe they will all find peace over time, as they move forward with their lives. They are not to blame for what happened to Riley, it was a tragic misadventure.

Lots of love and respect for Riley's family. My uncle died in his early twenties ( never met him, he was a good kid like Riley by what I've heard, he was engaged to be married) my uncle wasn't drunk, just went swimming with his friends. They tried to help but the current was too strong. God Bless Riley and his loved ones. X

Perhaps we can find some solace in that the river didn't keep him.

Yes, not the happy outcome hoped for in the first couple of days, but at least some closure for his mother and family. Still very sad, though. :(

On Monday, March 25, the 911 call reporting his body being found was released. That can be listened to in the video player below.

During the call, a man who says he works on the river said that he found a body face down in the river. He details that the body is wearing a black shirt, and that he believes it to be Riley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back