Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

Unless there is evidence that is 150% conclusive that PS murdered SM the accused may plead not guilty to murder and choose not to answer any questions in court surrounding the alleged murder. Anyone who can maintain silence on the whereabouts of a body is more than capable of leaving it to the prosecution to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Look at the resources from day 1 of this case and still no body. The accused is either not guilty and doesn't have a clue where SM is or is an extremely callous albeit smart individual who can control his own emotions very well to the point of fending off every known police effort to extract the location of the body.

No, usually is not correct
They exist, but not standard.

Ooops!
I just described my circumstances.
Dual SIM smartphones are very popular.
They allow to use two cards at the same time.
This is a huge convenience for many people - especially for everyone who wants to use a business and private number at the same time.
Dual SIM technology is extremely practical and has many advantages.

Almost everybody I know has them,
so that is why I used the word - "usually" :D

Sorry!!!

The police must also have a strong case to charge the accused over SM murder
How could we possibly know that? There hasn’t even been a showing of probable cause evidence. It seems like keeping all the evidence linking the accused to the crime hidden is rife for corruption.

MOO and I’m not Aussie so do not know your system.

How could we possibly know that? There hasn’t even been a showing of probable cause evidence. It seems like keeping all the evidence linking the accused to the crime hidden is rife for corruption.

It does seem extraordinary I agree…. The lack of apparent evidence and the resources committed… but perhaps Vicpol are mimicking the alleged accused’s own strategy - he isn’t “cooperating” so to speak, so perhaps vicpol have decided to fight fire with fire… utilise the same strategy as the accused, mirroring him so to speak.., let the accused stew, not knowing what they have come up with, so he doesn’t know what “angle” or evidence they have on him…? The more “silent” vicpol are, the less they give away, the less prepared the accused can be…. This could be a highly skilful strategy imho - especially if vicpol potentially plan to catch the accused out so to speak - by potentially presenting evidence in such a way that the accused may inadvertently give them exactly the info they are lacking….? Of course this is entirely speculatory and hypothetical… I sincerely hope vicpol do have way more cards than they are currently showing…. If the police have the case knitted up so to speak, [aside from recovery of the body and watch and phone (to our knowledge at least)], there must surely be some “strategy” in the police silence…. Specially if we take Trooper’s assertions as accurate - specifically that an arrest for murder in Australia requires “solid gold” evidence on the part of police (ie., allegations as serious as murder cannot be made lightly without a whole series of checks and balances), even in a country where the assumption is that one is innocent until proven guilty…

JMO… MOO…

Last edited:

They are keeping everything tight to their chests

They aren't going to risk anything with court proceedings

So the police do not let the suspect at large know what they know.

It will all come out soon...

https://www.quora.com/profile/Greg-Klebanoff

They are keeping everything tight to their chests

They aren't going to risk anything with court proceedings

So the police do not let the suspect at large know what they know.

It will all come out soon...

Greg Klebanoff
Do you expect all the info will come out on August 8th, Nifty, or is it likely to take considerably longer than this for the full details to come out? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I do know legal matters seem to drag on for an awfully long time here in Australia…. I’m very much hoping this is not going to be a Ristevski type case in which we never learn any of the actual details … :oops:

Do you expect all the info will come out on August 8th, Nifty, or is it likely to take considerably longer than this for the full details to come out? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I do know legal matters seem to drag on for an awfully long time here in Australia…. I’m very much hoping this is not going to be a Ristevski type case in which we never learn any of the actual details … :oops:

All we are likely to hear in August is a plea and a potential date for the trial to commence

They can take time as well

But hopefully in about 5 months later

Last edited by a moderator:

Two men have been arrested after a woman's body was found in regional Victoria.

The body of a 23-year-old Clunes woman was found near State Forests Road, Scarsdale, south-west of Ballarat, on April 5.

Two Sebastopol men, aged 21 and 22, are assisting police with inquiries”

What is going on with young men in this region?

I wonder if one/both of these men could be involved with SM’s case? Same age as PS! How long has this woman’s body been there?

Another poor female victim :(

"Mick said he was constantly checking in with police for any updates but said he understood investigations of this magnitude take time.

'This whole scenario takes a long time', he said.

'It’s not a fast procedure'.

Mick has not been able to return to work since his wife went missing.

He said he and his family had been trying to get on with life the best they could."

I’ve just been catching up on this thread.

I have huge respect and admiration for MM for the way he’s carried himself throughout this horrific situation.

He’s come across as a lovely man throughout.

According to the report the woman’s body was found inside a torched car near the State Forest Road in Scarsdale 18km SW of Ballarat.

According to Google maps Scarsdale is SW about 27min from where SM went missing. Sebastopol (where both men were allegedly from) is around 11min from where SM went missing.

How much more can the Ballarat community take? It also annoys me that there's never any mention by MSM of the murder-suicide that happened recently, purely because it's unsavoury. It happened, and has impacted the locals too.

According to Google maps Scarsdale is SW about 27min from where SM went missing. Sebastopol (where both men were allegedly from) is around 11min from where SM went missing.

Sebastopol?
Hmmm...
I remember this name popped up early in these threads.
(I even asked why Russian town name - Sevastopol - appeared in Australia)

But not sure what was it about Sebastopol that was connected to Samantha's disappearance and discussed in the thread.
So much time has passed and I forgot :rolleyes:

I think the accused will plead not guilty in August.
No cooperation.
Total denial.

JMO

Last edited:
Sebastopol?
Hmmm...
I remember this name popped up early in these threads.
(I even asked why Russian town name - Sevastopol - appeared in Australia)

But not sure what was it about Sebastopol that was connected to Samantha's disappearance and discussed in the thread.
So much time has passed and I forgot :rolleyes:

I think the accused will plead not guilty in August.
No cooperation.
Total denial.

JMO
The murder-suicide that happened recently was in Sebastopol, and has been mentioned in some of the articles relating to Samantha.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diannewl
Back