OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think, how did they THINK they'd get away with this?? it comes to light that this was likely Jilian's first time to supervise the visit, and they had no idea who she was. It seems likely they wouldn't have attempted this crime if they'd known she was the pastor's wife and youth programs director, who couldn't just "go missing" with no one noticing and following up. <modsnip: discussing a document that has been removed from public view via an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they are (assumed) safe. So many times the children being fought over become victims in these custody battle scenarios. I’m speculating only on what the motive could be.
I'll bet you anything it has to do with custody of those kids. We'll find out that there was some legal thing in the works over parental rights.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Which makes it even more heart breaking that one of the victims is the pastors wife, who likely has a heart for service to others. She was along on this pick up because she cared. I have no doubt her belief in God and being a light in this world for others is why she was in the car and ended up being a victim of this woman who posted all the God stuff. Jilian Kelley is a true representation of what believing in God truly is.. and TA is a representation of something else entirely.

Editing to add, I very much believe those who have no belief in a higher power or God can also desire to serve others and do good in this world. My comments were more from Jilians perspective.. HER belief in God likely drove her desire to be involved in her community and that is a beautiful thing, which is total opposite of what we are understanding TA to think/be/do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will never understand these custody-related murders. For one thing, children grow up!!! They're not going to be tiny babies that you can treat like a possession forever. They're going to spend MOST of their lives (hopefully) as adults, which means that if you do something heinous like hurt or abuse them or murder one of their parents, that's often not going to go well for you when those children become old enough to know the truth (and honestly, even if you somehow manage to poison their minds enough that they still support you, you're going to prison, so, congrats: you've still effectively ruined their lives.)

Because the disappearance mid morning and nominally on or just off SH95 I looked up traffic rate for the immediate area where the Kia as found as well as to the north....
The link will bring up a near area map with the vehicle count per day: 832 in 2020 which is about one every minute and 50 seconds on average. Presumably higher than avg at 10 am. The inclination being, it wasn't so low that an event of the sort we suspect, would have gone unobserved to a passing driver. Although at 600 feet off the road, an exchange could have occurred with a passerby on SH95 remaining unaware.

This NOT as low a count as what occurs near to Four Corners where a bridge over a creek about 1.5 miles from FC has a count of only 320. This a no name bridge; on Goggle Earth it looks like a concrete culvert; barely qualifies as a bridge.

In any case: The entire area is flat, really flat, and not much in terms of vegetation to obscure the view.

As do others: I suspect the Kia was driven to that location by one of the perpetrators...Will be interested to here more about any blood found outside the car because that indicates that the women were at that location during some part of the "foul play"

I wonder what happens now regarding the 2 kids, once the father completes his rehab. TA was caring for the kids but as far I know, the father still had legal custody. This upcoming court case, iirc, on April 17, was to fight for custody back to the mother. That won't happen now...so will the dad still have custody or do they stay with CPS?
Those poor kids .....

I wonder what happens now regarding the 2 kids, once the father completes his rehab. TA was caring for the kids but as far I know, the father still had legal custody. This upcoming court case, iirc, on April 17, was to fight for custody back to the mother. That won't happen now...so will the dad still have custody or do they stay with CPS?
Those poor kids .....
I am not a lawyer, but seeing as they now have no one else to go to, I should think, assuming that the father is found fit, that the kids will go with him.

Those poor kids .....
I can only imagine this will come down to whether Dad was involved or not..

Those poor kids .....
IMO it will be interesting if Wrangler had any knowledge of what was to take place. IMO Hopefully he didn't know anything about it prior to the crime.

APR 13, 2024
NewsNation has learned among those arrested is Tiffany Adams, the grandmother of the Butler’s children and Tad Cullum, Adams’ boyfriend. Cole Twombly was also named among those arrested but his connection to the women is unknown.

Those poor kids .....
Sad sad sad. And it is fitting perhaps, that the Oklahoma investigators have gotten this case to this stage - and in advance of the upcoming court proceeding scheduled for Wednesday, April 17. I will stop typing now……. so that I don’t inadvertently add something that will get clipped. MOO

As many others have said……. the poor children and incidental victims and families impacted by these selfish acts. :( MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592