GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

I have to put some blame on him, sorry. It is my understanding he touched evidence and removed it from the scene. A cop should absolutely know better!! Chances are they cannot use that in court now. Dumbass!

He threw me off with his actions as to who was the culprit, it's no wonder he's an ex cop.. i still wonder why he's an ex cop though.
It is possible GMH has an accomplice.. didn't the Bryants' son say he thought maybe more than one person was involved? Even if he was just saying that from gut instinct.. makes me wonder..
Who did GMH make a payphone call to? Can't they get those records? 2 white vans, similar in appearance, different years, obviously a collection of different plates for it, he probably has a hoarded collection from all different states somewhere (maybe in a run down cabin he was squatting at; someplace no one goes to check on..

He threw me off with his actions as to who was the culprit, it's no wonder he's an ex cop.. i still wonder why he's an ex cop though.
It is possible GMH has an accomplice.. didn't the Bryants' son say he thought maybe more than one person was involved? Even if he was just saying that from gut instinct.. makes me wonder..
Who did GMH make a payphone call to? Can't they get those records? 2 white vans, similar in appearance, different years, obviously a collection of different plates for it, he probably has a hoarded collection from all different states somewhere (maybe in a run down cabin he was squatting at; someplace no one goes to check on..

I have a strong sense that there is a second person involved with Hilton.

Why would you think so? A loner type doesn't normally go into a "pack" situation to commit a kidnapping/robbery/murder.

It would explain the duplicates of things. Does he have any brothers out there or maybe it's someone of similar appearance who could pass off as GMH if caught with one of the vehicles? I even wondered if the ex cop witness was involved with him somehow.. what happened to all his "cop training" he could have saved Meredith's life.

This man is a loner. I don't think he had any help personally. He is used to being by himself and even tho he probably did know some questionable people...for these particular crimes he would have acted alone, imo.

While we might not be able to rule him out yet on the boy's case...I don't think he had anything to do with it. He hunts for a reason which benefits him it seems. The boy would not fit into this profile. He also has a reason to strip the women and dispose of their clothes which seems to be a way to slow down indentification in his mind. I have not heard them mention anything sexual in nature in his past or in the other case.

I have a strong sense that there are two people working together. Hilton is obviously one of them. I don't know what part the other person plays yet, but I see them traveling separately, then meeting up at their houses/cabins/fishing shacks. I've had this impression, if you want to call it that, since I first heard about Meredith's disappearance and probable murder.

I think there are more unsolved murders, and I think there are two people involved, not just Hilton.

OK, did you read my post about TWO white vans?
I think Hilton has a sidekick, which may explain some things.
I thought the sketch was 2 different men, but because I had just posted something which could be related to this, I was hesitant to judge. When I saw the sketches, there was no narrative about the first man showing up.

I think there may be two people doing this stuff. My theory is Post #507 titled Two white vans?

Patnerships sure do happen, especially in serial killing cases. And Bryant's son does think two people were involved. You may have been the one to post that tidbit.

Why would you think so? A loner type doesn't normally go into a "pack" situation to commit a kidnapping/robbery/murder.

It's not impossible; there's been cases of 2 serial killers working together before.
In GMH's case i honestly couldn't say. He doesn't seem the typical loner type. If he really did talk a lot like Barbara said (where it was hard to get him to shut up) then at times he is longing for conversation. He is a loner, yet longing for human conversation. If he really did talk to others on trails during hikes, i wonder if we can locate them and hear what they have to say. If he does have an accomplice, it would probably be another loner type. If it was someone outgoing, i doubt GMH would trust them.
GMH doesn't seem like the typical serial killer. He seems to love animals to the point of not harming Ella. Likes animals, he hates people. If Barbara is right about conversations with him, then he is craving human company from time to time.

It would explain the duplicates of things. Does he have any brothers out there or maybe it's someone of similar appearance who could pass off as GMH if caught with one of the vehicles? I even wondered if the ex cop witness was involved with him somehow.. what happened to all his "cop training" he could have saved Meredith's life.
He could have. People get uneasy feelings and the prudent thing for him to have done would have been to follow them. However, it was New Year's Day and he was probably walking off a hangover then maybe not thinking too clearly at the time.

There isn't a "duplicate" of things, imo. He had an old white van and he bought another one. Maybe the other white van broke down somewhere and he couldn't afford to fix it...so he just left it sitting. This guy isn't smart enough obviously to have gone to any great lengths to hide his crime. Look at the evidence they have already and what they can get out of his van now. He isn't plotting and planning in any detail. He is acting on opportunity alone and then a fly by the seat of his pants to get rid of evidence. He isn't careful which turns out is a good thing for the prosecution in this case and maybe others!

GMH does have an extensive record, he could have met someone in lock up and that person became his accomplice (if he has one) somewhere along the line. It's common for prisoners to meet future accomplices in lock up. Then they go out get in trouble again.. revolving door policy..

Meo while this is true, this guy doesn't strike me as one who needs or wants help to hunt people down and accost them in the woods. I would akin him to a "mountain man" of sorts. He likes living off the land and off the grid. The money he tried to steal from the ATM tells me it is a motive, not an afterthought on his part.

This action could also tie him to the Bryant murders. That would not have been difficult for one person to pull off either. He befriends them in the woods then catches the man offguard to "disable" him in some way...then kills the wife probably in order to obtain the pin number. He takes the man with him and offs him somewhere else after which he gets the cash. This gives him the way to get out of the area before he is caught.

Both of his white vans are Astro vans, right? Since they are the same model, he can switch the plates back and forth on both of them, since it will come as an Astro van (despite the year) they are both Astro vans and white. Not sure if he steals plates off other Astro vans or just random vehicles..

I think he's killed before and just either got cocky or let himself slip up on purpose as he's getting older and tired. He's looking forward to a life of prison where everything is taken care of for him. He's obviously killed before; it would be hard to believe someone at age 60 just ups and decides to kill someone, a young woman, in great atheletic shape nonetheless..

Searching, my first opinion of him was that he was just a mountain man who likes living off the land, and i'm sure he does. Yet serial killers tend to blend in, turn out to be the guy next door type deal.. He's just blending in with what he likes, the mountains, doing crimes there.
As to whether or not he's ever had an accomplice, i don't have enough to go on.. if he does, i would guess it's a part time thing, someone who helps him with certain crimes, not all of them..

I don't find where they are looking for his second van. Do you have a link for such? Nor do I see where the tag was stolen off another vehicle.

One of his vans had NC plates i believe.. i'll try to find the link

The vehicles I buy are all red. Why? I prefer red. My friends and family know whatever car I drive is going to be a deep fire engine red! I had 2 red vehicles until last year when a drunk illegal alien totalled my car when it was parked! I haven't replaced it yet, but I am looking around for another one just like it only newer!

Does this constitute duplication? Sure, I guess. Does it mean this guy couldn't have bought a newer one because something happened to his other white one? Sure, I guess!

local coverage of merediths case
[22:00] <Christine> they are saying he may be linked to 2 cases
[22:00] <Christine> other murder cases
[22:01] <Christine> 2 other crimes are in NC
[22:01] <Christine> search called off for volunteers
[22:01] <Christine> only LE now
[22:01] <Christine> they have been saying that btw for ever
[22:01] <Christine> that is why i haven't gone
[22:01] <Christine> concentrating on 5 counties
[22:01] <Christine> searchers
[22:01] <Christine> they have tracked his movements since abduction he has moved through several counties
[22:02] <Christine> family preparing for worst

[22:02] <Christine> hilton will appear in court in union county 1 pm tomorrow

[22:03] <Christine> cricial evidence
[22:03] <Christine> tag changed

[22:03] <Christine> tag was changed to NC plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's got local coverage, so i'm guessing maybe a local station, radio or tv..?

The vehicles I buy are all red. Why? I prefer red. My friends and family know whatever car I drive is going to be a deep fire engine red! I had 2 red vehicles until last year when a drunk illegal alien totalled my car when it was parked! I haven't replaced it yet, but I am looking around for another one just like it only newer!

Does this constitute duplication? Sure, I guess. Does it mean this guy couldn't have bought a newer one because something happened to his other white one? Sure, I guess!

Sorry, point taken. I was reading too much into it i guess.

that's where i heard it.. i guess i need to find where she heard it..
It was on Fox. Still...no one ever said it was stolen! It just came from NC. Could he have purchased the vehicle with a NC tag and not replaced it with a GA tag? Most indigents I know don't have the money to retag their vehicles and nor do they bother. Yes, it could be stolen...but we have to be careful if it hasn't been stated by LE.

Sorry here too...not trying to be difficult!! Just trying to keep things on track with this case. It is going to get very muddy very quickly if we don't! This is going to be a long case, I am afraid. And if we keep the facts straight in the beginning and stay on track...we get further in the long run. : )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjflow
Back