SC - Hailey Wilson, 6 mos, stomped to death, Pelzer, 8 Jan 2008

Someone need to slap her upside the head. What a horrible thing to do to a precious baby. The link above says if convicted, Bowen faces at least 20 years in prison. I think she deserves life! Now her little 2 yr old is in the custody of the Department of Social Services. How sad!

Defense attorney will claim mother was in a psychotic state at time she murdered baby. Haley was only 6 months old, so that could be used as mothers defense. I'm curious if there were any signs of abuse of the two year old. It's a shame, all she'll get is 20 yrs. for murdering this presious baby.

20 years isn't enough. She's only 18; it'll be one of those "time served" deals, so she'll only serve a portion out of her sentence. When she gets out, she'll still have plenty of life left, a chance to have more kids, maybe, and the baby she had at 18 will still be dead, beaten and stomped to death.

You-all gave me just enough detail to know that I do not need to read this article. help.

20 years isn't enough. She's only 18; it'll be one of those "time served" deals, so she'll only serve a portion out of her sentence. When she gets out, she'll still have plenty of life left, a chance to have more kids, maybe, and the baby she had at 18 will still be dead, beaten and stomped to death.

Hi Mr. E, You are so right, that's exactly what will happen! The scary part for me is when you say "A chance to have more kids". This may sound harsh to some people, but one of the conditions upon her release should be that she NEVER give birth again. Just my opinion.

Hi Mr. E, You are so right, that's exactly what will happen! The scary part for me is when you say "A chance to have more kids". This may sound harsh to some people, but one of the conditions upon her release should be that she NEVER give birth again. Just my opinion.

How could they possibly enforce this? I don't think I've ever heard of a court forcing a woman to abort their child or put it up for adoption because they were previously ordered not to have children.

I've only heard of two cases where a judge ordered a person not to have any more children. One was overturned as the judges ruled you cannot infringe upon a fundamental right of giving child-birth. The other case was a prostitute who had 7 children and the judge ordered her not to have any more until she can prove she can raise them. Well, she got pregnant with an 8th and from what I can tell was only charged with contempt.

How could they possibly enforce this? I don't think I've ever heard of a court forcing a woman to abort their child or put it up for adoption because they were previously ordered not to have children.

I've only heard of two cases where a judge ordered a person not to have any more children. One was overturned as the judges ruled you cannot infringe upon a fundamental right of giving child-birth. The other case was a prostitute who had 7 children and the judge ordered her not to have any more until she can prove she can raise them. Well, she got pregnant with an 8th and from what I can tell was only charged with contempt.

It was just wishful thinking on my part.

Poor, sweet, Hayley. RIP.

She should get LIFE and a hysterectomy. :(

I just want 10 minutes alone with this non mother and non woman. When will the chit stop!!!

Poor, sweet, Hayley. RIP.

She should get LIFE and a hysterectomy. :(
Poor Baby.. All I can say is that this woman should never have more kids. Unfortunately, she probably will after she gets released. IMO any children she gives birth to should be taken away By the relevent authority, as she is a risk to them.

At the mothers bond hearing yesterday the father's family spoke up & said that they were worried about the safety of 1 year old Samuel. Good for them! Bond was denied. Oh yeah, I'm suppose to believe her stepping on Haley was an accident, what about that choking & slapping was that an accident also? STUPID!

Good grief. Now she's saying stepping on the baby was an accident!

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/15027809/detail.html?rss=gsaa&psp=news

It sounds like her family is supporting her, too. Give me a break.
This right here even makes it worse IMO. My mom would disown me in a NY minute if this was me. Although I would never be like these women. I still as most of you here, can not for the life of me understand how a woman can carry and bond with a baby for 9 months just to abuse and kill them. For me I think it makes it harder to understand when the mom is the one to kill their own. Although I dont understand anyone killing a helpless baby. What :loser: :loser: :loser: These people are.

I can't imagine ever not being able to love my children, but that doesn't mean I would support them if they committed any type of crime.

I can't imagine my kids having the kind of violence in them to harm a baby, but I suppose anything is possible. But it makes me wonder: did this young mother learn these violent habits at home as she was growing up?

Her mom says she wasn't in her right mind? In no way I am excusing this girl for murdering her own child. Just trying to make a little sense of it. Two kids. A new infant and a one year old. Maybe the father of the kids was not around. Maybe the girl was mad about that and had no support. Again, not excusing her, but as my mom always told me the birthing is easy. It's the mothering that is the tough part. You have an infant with colic or ear infections that don't sleep ever and then a toddler running around and most likely a short fuse to begin with? That's that. I wouldn't say evrybody is a victim like her mom said that's for sure. I wonder if her mom helped her out with them kids?

Danielle Bowen

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 04/15/2009

Offense: Homicide by Child Abuse
Sentence: 20 years DOC and 5 years Probation

Projected Release Date: 02/02/2026

Danielle Bowen

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 04/15/2009

Offense: Homicide by Child Abuse
Sentence: 20 years DOC and 5 years Probation

Projected Release Date: 02/02/2026

Wow. They said 20 to life. She got 20. That'll get her out when?

I still remember that chick flipping out at her hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back