Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW regarding NC adoptions...

My birthdaughter was born in NC, and her adoptive parents were military.

I didn't have an adoptive birth plan, and it wan't until the day she was discharged that I had to notify the hospital who she was going home with.

But, all the adoption talk regarding Maria were heresay anyways. It was never confirmed that she was placing the child. Her mother said it would be best if she did, and we were speculating that possibly Cpl was trying to pressure Maria into letting his wife adopt (IIRC)

Also, regarding the H/W confidentiality, I have been wondering why the DA was mentioning it so often, b/c I think she HAD to know something.

Also, did anyone notice in the FBI link that they had his place of birth unknown? Granted it could be because they were rushing to put it out, but I find that kind of weird.

JMHO

Thanks for the insight how it works there in NC - Maybe I should have it wasn't mandatory, but most places do nowadays to help things go smoothly? I'm guessing based off reports she was supposedly emotionally needy - I'd guess if she were going through a placement plan, and was isolated as it sounds, she might have leaned pretty heavily on either the liason/professional and/or prospective adoptive parents...that make a bit more sense :blowkiss: at times, they can be great resources for support. I'm curious to know, if she had any type of baby arrangements in her location - clothing, bassinet/crib/moses basket etc. you know, signs for an impending birth etc? I agree though, it's purely hearsay, maybe that was released in case people thought he might just have her stashed somewhere? thinking if he heard she was giving the baby up, maybe he'd let her go?

I know nothing's been said about kidnapping per se, but just thinking aloud here ^^

If he does have family in Mexico, someone could be driving from there to meet him in Dallas. Maybe he is laying low waiting for a ride. If he gets in someone else's private vehicle he will be much harder to find.

I wish we had a pic of what he may look like in civvies and with a couple days of facial hair. If he doesn't want to be recognized he may be trying to look less clean-cut.

Susan
Maybe I missed it (other than Dallas being a big city and easy to hide in), but why would he be in Dallas instead of some other city or town much closer to the border?

I asked this way back BUT if she was going to do adoption would she go to el paso to do it?

I can't imagine why she would do something like that. The ElPaso that I saw was not a very nice place...lost of violence and drugs being sold, illegals everywhere.

The border of Texas and Mexico really does run right thru the middle of town. Not a good place for a vulnerable young lady about to give birth!

Susan
(I'm a birthmom too! Way back in 1980 when all records were closed...had no idea where he was until he found me a couple of years ago! All I knew was that the family was Christian and had been carefully screened by the agency. Meeting him was wonderful!)

I hope all the border guards have been put on alert, but I guess it would be easy to slip into Mexico from the USA if he knows his way around.

I can't imagine why she would do something like that. The ElPaso that I saw was not a very nice place...lost of violence and drugs being sold, illegals everywhere.

The border of Texas and Mexico really does run right thru the middle of town. Not a good place for a vulnerable young lady about to give birth!

Susan
(I'm a birthmom too! Way back in 1980 when all records were closed...had no idea where he was until he found me a couple of years ago! All I knew was that the family was Christian and had been carefully screened by the agency. Meeting him was wonderful!)

Ok, scratch that idea then...I don't know the area...wow..it's really that bad? BUT there are 124 agencies/attorneys listed in the El Paso area...So while maybe not El Paso itself, she could have found some yes? Again, though, I don't think it's likely she was pursuing that avenue though..I don't know..just a feeling.

Small world Susan! Congrats on the reunion!

BTW~ wasn't there something about Western Union and money being wired to Maria around the same time the ATM was used by him? (All after she was already dead.)

Thanks Elphaba, excellent info, how in the world did you know where to look for that!

Just did some digging... I'm like a sponge when it comes to wanting to know something. LoL

JinxieJada, I'm not sure how it is nowadays... my birthdaughters was in 95, and the last potential birthmother in NC that I counseled was in 2003. She said that it was very similar in 2003 vs 1995, but things could have changed in the last few years.

panthera- the Dallas thing was pure speculation on my part, just a theory :)

TGIRecovered-wow! we've got ourselves a whole gaggle of birthmoms here! What are the odds :)

I hope all the border guards have been put on alert, but I guess it would be easy to slip into Mexico from the USA if he knows his way around.

Does anyone know if the militia people are still putting time in keeping the border covered, down there? If so, it would be great if they were made aware of him...

Maybe I missed it (other than Dallas being a big city and easy to hide in), but why would he be in Dallas instead of some other city or town much closer to the border?

Earlier today he was reported to have been spotted on a bus in Shreveport, Louisiana, possibly headed to Texas. Shreveport is on I-20 just outside of Texas. Dallas/Ft Worth is the next large city on I-20.

This morning I was speculating that if he was indeed headed for Mexico, and since there was a bus ticket purchased back in December for travel to El Paso, he might be headed straight thru Texas to the Mexico border. That route would have brought him right thru the town I live in, Abilene.

Apparently there has been another press release putting the bus theory in question since he may have been getting off of the bus, not on.

I'm confused too.

Susan

Elphaba, not sure about that...but we do have National Guardsman on the border who would be more than happy to bring in a Marine that killed another soldier and her child, I bet!

Like JJ, I'm thinking outloud here. There are reports that the bus ticket that Maria supposedly bought to El Paso, was found in her abandoned car. But it's also been stated that the ticket has never been found. Now for some reason LE has info that Cesar was headed to El Paso. I'm pretty sure it's because LE found a long distance purchase that Cesar made very recently or he used Maria's ticket. I know it's been stated that Cesar did not use her ticket on his recent adventure. But with all the misreporting (bus, car, bus, car, No, Ea, So and We) how accurate is the info regarding Maria's bus ticket use?

Elphaba, not sure about that...but we do have National Guardsman on the border who would be more than happy to bring in a Marine that killed another soldier and her child, I bet!

I found the Minuteman page... there is an organization of them in Texas, but their webpage seems to be more about raising monies and such... doesn't look as if they are out watching the borders.

Did I miss something? How do we know the ticket came from Dallas? :confused:

BTW~ wasn't there something about Western Union and money being wired to Maria around the same time the ATM was used by him? (All after she was already dead.)

I believe someone posted about that now that you mention it SS - gonna do a search and see if I can find it mentioned - good memory ^

Edit

^http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/10/missing.marine/index.html

A search warrant released with the other documents Thursday seeks Western Union records, saying authorities have reason to believe Lauterbach may be receiving financial support through money transfers.

What if he was wiring them to HER but only using the password pickup system? It would show in the cmputer to her or from her - BUT wouldn't show much of anything in way of who the picker upper was...Have a blonde friend pose not much of a problem...hmmmm :waitasec:

Just got back, did I miss anything.:confused:
Man all the posts I have to catch up on.

So he could have had his family sending money to HER instead of with his name to make people think she was still alive. Yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair