Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
, your photos are excellent! Thanks for going to all the work and trouble to take them for us. That is going above and beyond the call of WS duty! Kudos!

They do give a clearer picture of where she was found. The brush is quite tall and she could have been well hidden even without the snow unless you are actually walking thru the field. Walking or driving around the perimeter, you probably never would have noticed her.

I also have to question how the people on the second floor of those buildings didn't see anything tho. From their view, it would have been easier to notice a body or something amiss in that area. Maybe you should ask to take some shots from their windows. :)

I'm not sure they would have seen anything. The brush is fairly high, as you said, but also the ground isn't flat. There are cevices and such all over the place. Have you seen an aerial view of the area? It will give you a better idea.

I have seen it on google maps and google earth. The link you gave me was for GA tho. LOL

Doesn't LE have books of vehicles for the second victim to go through and figure out which kind of truck or suv it was?! I thought they kept these to use specifically for cases like this?

Anyway - the brush here can hide a lot of things - then there was snow

Doesn't LE have books of vehicles for the second victim to go through and figure out which kind of truck or suv it was?! I thought they kept these to use specifically for cases like this?

Someone at the RGJ site forum suggested LE take the victim to a used car lot to look around. I imagine LE has thought of things like that - I'm sure they aren't telling the public everything.

Would be kinda difficult since she is now in Thailand or wherever she was from. :) She is also one very lucky girl to have escaped with her life not once, but twice from this perp!

LOL I just read your location. Everclear jello shots. ROFLMAO

A couple of years back a few of us got silly on one of the crime sites (maybe here I'm not sure) about jello shots - and then discussing a perp who someone suggested was probably in the Bahama's doing jello shots off Elvis' stomach.

On another site my location is "lost in Walmart, ripped on Mescaline and Neosporin". I sometimes get confused about where I am....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D
A couple of years back a few of us got silly on one of the crime sites (maybe here I'm not sure) about jello shots - and then discussing a perp who someone suggested was probably in the Bahama's doing jello shots off Elvis' stomach.

On another site my location is "lost in Walmart, ripped on Mescaline and Neosporin". I sometimes get confused about where I am....

I live in Sparks, my daughters friend age 16 was raped/murdered Sept, 06 at Sparks Marina apt. building. Her name was Holly Quick a 10th grader at Spanish Springs High School.
It wasn't on the national news but you can google her name and find it. The *advertiser censored* that did it was caught and just finished trial. I know you guys think the RPD may not know what they are doing, but believe me they do. My friend's husband works for the DA and they know more than you think. They will find him, they have some of the best working here.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's friend, but glad the murderer was brought to justice.

I followed the Darren Mack case from beginning to end, and I think the Reno Police Dept. is one of the best! I was very surprised when the police dept. published a pdf file in the RGJ of the evidence collected from Mack's condo, along with affidavits from some of the detectives. And when the case went to trial, the testimony from the detectives was excellent......a testimony to a very thorough job.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's friend, but glad the murderer was brought to justice.

I followed the Darren Mack case from beginning to end, and I think the Reno Police Dept. is one of the best! I was very surprised when the police dept. published a pdf file in the RGJ of the evidence collected from Mack's condo, along with affidavits from some of the detectives. And when the case went to trial, the testimony from the detectives was excellent......a testimony to a very thorough job.

I followed that case too and jumped up and yelled when that creep was found guilty. Mama and her money and his "no tears" whine didn't get him off. He'll be an old man if he is ever paroled. He makes me want to throw up! The Pros did an excellant job at trial but it was LE that gathered all of the evidence so that the Pros had something to work with.

If you look around at some of the crime web sites, you'll find there have been a lot of unsolved disappearances in Reno over the years - but not recently enough for me to think they are connected to this one.

The one that still gets to me is Jennifer Martin. She disappeared in 1987 (and I didn't live here then), but everytime I stop by the 7-11 in Lemmon Valley I stare at the trailer park. It just gives me chills, how a kid could vanish into thin air.
H0NEYWEST, did you see this story? http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/15613202.html

I live in Sparks, my daughters friend age 16 was raped/murdered Sept, 06 at Sparks Marina apt. building. Her name was Holly Quick a 10th grader at Spanish Springs High School.
It wasn't on the national news but you can google her name and find it. The *advertiser censored* that did it was caught and just finished trial. I know you guys think the RPD may not know what they are doing, but believe me they do. My friend's husband works for the DA and they know more than you think. They will find him, they have some of the best working here.

Rolex, I am so sorry to hear what happened to your daughter's friend, Holly. May she rest in peace, and may her family one day heal from this horrible tragedy. I have a college age daughter, and her name is Holly. I cherish her more than anyone I have or will ever know, and I cannot imagine being in that family's position. I am thankful for law enforcement and prosecutors throughout our country, and I believe that overall they do a very good job.

They cannot release certain things to the public, and I understand that. I've been a victim, and I know they do so much more than what most of us ever see. I think they are working with dogged determination to find the slime who killed Brianna and sexually assaulted the other two young women.

Lion

Did this guy go after this girl twice? That is horrible.
Yes, first he raped her and it was determined by DNA that he went back on Jan. 19th to try to break into her apartment. She had already left the country at the time. The next night he abducted Brianna.

WTH?! Fox was not only showing the sketch again while talking to RPD, but also showing the stats where they were searching for the man who dropped off the other girl! 40s, beige or light GMC truck, white maybe Hispanic, etc. LE already said they found that man and cleared him!! The description doesn't match the sketch either! WTH are they doing?! (This was Fox's mistake...not LE, hopefully!)

I followed that case too and jumped up and yelled when that creep was found guilty. Mama and her money and his "no tears" whine didn't get him off. He'll be an old man if he is ever paroled. He makes me want to throw up! The Pros did an excellant job at trial but it was LE that gathered all of the evidence so that the Pros had something to work with.
He has to serve 36 years, doesn't he? If so, that amounts to a life sentence. Hope that it was worth it to him.

I find cases like Brianna's to be scarier because this is an unknown perp and you don't know when or where he will strike again. I think that he feels confident because he probably has never been arrested; hence, no match with the DNA. I bet that it is someone that no one would ever suspect. He probably goes around living a normal life, meaning, that he has a job and is probably married. I hope that the cops are hot are on his trail and we'll read about an arrest before we read about another victim.

I wonder if he will lay low for a while until this thing dies down.

Yes I did. I also found a report on her Charley Project page that LE thought in 2002 there might be some connection between her disappearance and Stephen Kiesle, a since convicted child molester in Northern California, but it appears that nothing became of that.

I think the reason that case haunts me so much is that the 7-11 she went to prior to her abduction is virtually yards away from the trailer park where she lived. It's still just a dusty little street in a quiet rural area. The sort of place where one wouldn't think twice about letting their kids walk less than a block to the store. Back in the summer of 1987, I'm sure it must have seemed even safer. Everytime I stop by the 7-11, I just stand there for a few minutes and stare down the road at the trailer park. It's always eerily quiet - just the sound of the wind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa