Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poaching in common here (SC) and I've never heard of a poacher ambushing a witness. Nor do people "normally" hunt/poach with semi-automatic weaspons, not do people usually poach by riding around shooting out the back of a truck. Poachers here don't want to ruin the hides because they sell them. Poaching animals isn't at all like thrill killing.
Right. Except in Oklahoma, I have heard of people shooting from the back of a truck at night with spotlights. No, it isn't thrill killing as they do it for the meat and the hides. They don't just shoot and leave them.

I think it's important to remember the timing. All this occured between 5 and 5:30 pm.

If there were any drug dealing happening it would not happen at the very risk of being found out. Early morning hours or late/dark of night. Not at the hour when the risk would be high of being discovered.

I respectfully disagree. I live in a rural community and witnessed a drug deal at a local gas station at 3:30 in the afternoon. My daughter was inside buying candy and I'm seeing a drug deal go down. Needless to say I was glad to get her in the car and get the heck out of there and yes I called in the license plate to the Sheriff's Office. The guy selling the drugs even stopped another guy at the gas station who was pumping gas and offered him some before driving off.

Yeah, I know. Sorry I didn't use a first name. Didn't mean to confuse you.
Didn't confuse me, just didn't want to confuse others here. :)

I am not agreeing with half the stuff that came from Pat Brown last night personally.

I respectfully disagree. I live in a rural community and witnessed a drug deal at a local gas station at 3:30 in the afternoon. My daughter was inside buying candy and I'm seeing a drug deal go down. Needless to say I was glad to get her in the car and get the heck out of there and yes I called in the license plate to the Sheriff's Office. The guy selling the drugs even stopped another guy at the gas station who was pumping gas and offered him some before driving off.

I'm sorry. I should have defined drug dealing better. I'm not talking parking lots, behind school grounds, or some town park for some ounces of pot, crack, or whatever. They do not kill people for that kind of "witness" stuff.

I was talking about major big time drug dealing where they would kill people. Major monies, major drugs.

My apologies if it came out confusing.

I think it's important to remember the timing. All this occured between 5 and 5:30 pm.

If there were any drug dealing happening it would not happen at the very risk of being found out. Early morning hours or late/dark of night. Not at the hour when the risk would be high of being discovered.
Drug deals take place anytime and anywhere. A couple of months ago here, they busted a liquor store employee who was taking phone orders and walking it out to their car for curb service! LE called and asked for a certain drug he didn't have...so he gave them the time it would arrive...they busted the connection and the dealer. LOL

Ah, I see what you mean now. :)

Didn't confuse me, just didn't want to confuse others here. :)

I am not agreeing with half the stuff that came from Pat Brown last night personally.

Pat Brown is a Criminal Profiler. I do not think she is just some joe shmoe. But, that's just my opinion....

The motive of having witnessed a drug deal doesn't feel right to me. Why wouldn't they drug dealers not have just shot them dead and hightailed it out of there? The overkill aspect of this crime is important IMHO. I just don't see drug dealers needing to use that much of their ammunition on these two little girls. I still think thrill kill or targeted killing by someone close to one of the girls. I don't think the grandfather is involved, but what do we know about other family? From my understanding of the situation, the girls were heading back towards their house; walking away from the bridge. They believe the vehicle was also heading towards the girls house, in other words the vehicle approached from behind them. I can see a scenario where the vehicle stops behind them, and one or more people get out of it. The girls could have just stood there, waiting to see what the person wanted - especially if the person was known to the girls. It wouldn't take but a second to quickly pull a weapon and shoot them both rapidly enough for them to fall to the ground. A few more quick shots, retrieve the second wepon, fire it into both girls, get back in the vehicle, do a U-turn and go back towards the bridge. I can easily see this having been one person. I can also easily see this being two young guys tweeking on meth who were just driving around, and saw the girls, and you have an instant thrill kill. Either way, it is incredibly sad and breaks my heart. I also don't think it was full automatic weapons. Do you have any idea what the ammunition would cost for those these days?? You can blow through a LOT of ammunition in a matter of seconds with full auto weapons. Even drugs dealers are having to pay to much for their gas these days to waste ammunition.

Yes, but when she gets on those talking head shows...she raps off things where often she has no real knowledge of the particular case and uses a hypothesis placing them in one basket.

We have found out a few things about Taylor's family and there are problems. One aunt (?) is in jail and there have been other things brought out. I don't think we ever found out the story of why she is with the grandparents and there has been no mention of her biological parents. I would expect the parents to have come to the funeral today if they are not in jail tho and maybe we will hear more about them later.

Yes, but when she gets on those talking head shows...she raps off things where often she has no real knowledge of the particular case and uses a hypothesis placing them in one basket.

That's what makes her a "profiler". She doesn't need deep knowledge, but the very basics of the case that she is allowed. Many a profiler work this way. It makes it unbiased. Besides, we do not know if she could know more than we think.....

I have followed her a long time and have seen her way off on a few cases. Granted, she is a "profiler", but she isn't always a great one. :)

There will not be any family involvement on any internal/external level. I am soooo positive of that.

Such a tragedy for all family members on both sides... :(

Usually if you leave drug dealers alone.... they leave you alone.
The reason I say this is because of the laws.
It is very hard to get someone arrested on drug possession and
drug use.

I'm thinking it's not going to be drug dealers who did this.

If the girls saw someone doing drugs now days because of the way the laws are unless a cop himself saw the person take the drugs or find the drug on the person...they can't do much.

And if the girls saw a drug deal I'm sure by the time they called or went
for help the drug dealers would be gone or have the evidence gone.

Even if it was drug related… the charge for drugs would not be even close to the charge
for 2 murders!

IMO we need to think of what crime these girls witnessed, or knew about that would make the suspects want to commit murder to cover up.

I can only think of one….murder.
Either that or it was a trill kill.

New developments: People have come forward who heard the gunshots. Also have a man who drove by and saw a man standing outside his pickup truck. Indian male, 35 yrs, near 6 ft, pony tail, white Ford or Chev with OK tag (no year given). He might have seen something and want help to find him. Will have a sketch for the public. They showed the sketch, but I didn't get a shot of it.

Stopped almost blocking the road and he was outside the truck, but they could not see what he was doing.

Thanks! I was looking for that article. Hmmm . . . well, I guess I'll let those particular pick-up riders off the hook, provisionally.

I'm thinking the U-turn may have happened as a vehicle passed the girls and the occupants said, "Them? I dare you." "Yeah, them." And they turned around, got out and shot the girls.
I wonder if there's a school-shooting type motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny