Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poaching is common here (SC) and I've never heard of a poacher ambushing a witness. Nor do people "normally" hunt/poach with semi-automatic weaspons, nor do people usually poach by riding around shooting out the back of a truck. Poachers here don't want to ruin the hides because they sell them. Poaching animals isn't at all like thrill killing.

My sense is that it might not exactly be a "poaching" scenario. That would imply that the perps had their wits about them, and were consciously "hunting." It's not that hard to imagine a couple of jerks shooting off their guns just for the hell of it, and something went dreadfully wrong. Just a possibility...

I dont think they were shot for what they seen, I feel like some people (men or boys, more likely young boys) were high on something, or drunk or both and out shooting. Rual men and boys do it all the time. And that a bullet hit one of the girls and the perps were not in any condition to have to deal with police, so instead of calling in a 911 they freaked out being parinoid and made sure both of the girls were dead.

A high power rifle can shoot a good distance and if a person(s) were under the influence of some kind, they could have mistaken the girls for wild game, shot from a distance then come closer and freaked out when they seen it was not game, but little girls.

I would say it was two or more young men between 17 and 22 years of age. And I dont think it will be anyone who "knows" the girls. When I say "knows" I mean like close family friends. In a small community everyone knows everyone, but not exactly close to everyone if you know what I am trying to say.

yw Steadfast. I think that's a very informative article.

Sorry, but I thought you guys missed it! I didn't think I was being rude to call your attention to it. It is a HUGE lead and we have a sketch to go with it. This is the first real break in the case.

white Ford or Chev with OK tag

Explains why they were using a white pickup truck in the distance in yesterday's raw video of the agents measuring stuff on the road.

The white pickup was fairly obvious even from 1/4 mile away.

the theory that a hunter could have accidentally shot them was brought up on NG show, but was quickly dismissed. But I think maybe that's why the aerials were done, to see if there were a hunter's clearing (or whatever they are called, don't know anything about hunting) in those woods

And, if they were using a white pickup intentionally, it was also facing north, going away from Taylor's house. Again, that's subjective just based on what was shown on the video.

So, the scenario could be an older Indian male is stopped somewhere further up the road. The girls may have actually seen him, felt uneasy and turned back. He doesn't want to be recognized there or is doing something he could get in trouble for and goes after the girls.

It kind of explains why they are saying shooter or shooters in some of the press releases. They may have witness of only seeing this one individual, but the number of shots indicates more than one shooter.

Investigators searching for person of interest

OKEMAH — Officials say they are now searching for a man driving a white Ford or Chevy pickup with a black ponytail who may have information into the homicide deaths of two Weleetka girls.
"We just to question this man," she said during a press conference this afternoon in Okemah. "Maybe he saw someone in the area. We don't know if this man is local, we presume that, but we don't know. We have several witnesses who saw the man and we have several witnesses who heard gunshots. Witnesses say he acted suspiciously, but we don't know what he was doing there."

http://www.newsok.com/article/3256954/ No sketch yet.

New developments: People have come forward who heard the gunshots. Also have a man who drove by and saw a man standing outside his pickup truck. Indian male, 35 yrs, near 6 ft, pony tail, white Ford or Chev with OK tag (no year given). He might have seen something and want help to find him. Will have a sketch for the public. They showed the sketch, but I didn't get a shot of it.

Fantastic - I hope and pray! Maybe we should go back over the registered SO's from the first thread to see if there is a match to that description?

Explains why they were using a white pickup truck in the distance in yesterday's raw video of the agents measuring stuff on the road.

The white pickup was fairly obvious even from 1/4 mile away.

Who in the world could this man be? Just another in the area that destroyed innocent life because they were young, alone and vulnerable there? They can say POI.......they always do but imo he IS the one they are searching for........

I know the first thing LE did was show all the family members this composite drawing and evidently they could not identify him as anyone they knew.

I hope he is spotted before sundown and they can bring him in.

Why would he be stopped in the middle of the road and be out of his pickup truck? I think he had already spotted the girls and lay in wait. No wonder these little girls got over in the ditch......seeing this strange guy had to make them uneasy.

imoo

Sorry, but I thought you guys missed it! I didn't think I was being rude to call your attention to it. It is a HUGE lead and we have a sketch to go with it. This is the first real break in the case.

No problem. I couldn't get the video to work. Do you know if there's a print link yet?

Edited to add: LOL! I missed that link post, too! Thanks for the link, SS.

Investigators released a sketch of a possible witness Friday in the slaying of best friends shot to death along a country road as their families laid them to rest.

Police are seeking an American Indian male, about 6-foot and 35 years of age, who was seen in the area where Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, were killed Sunday along a dirt road in Weleetka, Okla.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366464,00.html no sketch yet.

Okay, don't snap at me for this, but the sighting of an Indian (I am assuming continent not Native American?) got me thinking.

What is the racial make-up of Weleetka and the surrounding area? Because a strange black or otherwise non-white male in an otherwise mostly white area might have been sufficiently unusual to have been what attracted the girls' attention.

I still think, knowing her love for animals, that Taylor might have heard something she thought was an animal and investigated. But I realize also that that's just me.

No problem. I couldn't get the video to work. Do you know if there's a print link yet?

Edited to add: LOL! I missed that link post, too! Thanks for the link, SS.
Still checking back every few minutes. No video or link yet. I am kicking myself for not getting that shot while they were holding up the sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member