Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live right next to Cary, and this whole case has just hit a little too close to home...in many ways. Nancy was a member at my gym, she was my age, she ran outdoors, she's a sahm etc. My heart is very saddened by all of this. I have read all of the posts (back to the first thread), and find that I can't stop. I'm glad that I found this site.

So weird...my husband just stopped at the store on the way home this evening to get something for my son and I greeted him with, "You just went to the store where Brad Cooper got his cleaning supplies." Makes my stomach hurt.

I am convinced that he did it, and have been from the beginning. First 2 give- aways...that he said that she went running with a friend (and didn't), and that he hadn't called anyone with concern when she didn't return as planned. I know my husband would be looking for me (marital problems or not), just to get some help with the kids!

It is just so eery to think about how close this all took place. Did Brad run next to me on a treadmill? Did I look in a killer's eyes? Sorry to be so dramatic, but this is still so fresh. My neighbor's daughter was in preschool with Bella. She only knew Nancy in a casual greeting exchange kind of way. She joined in on the search over the weekend.

Just wanted to thank you all for the insight, and opinions you have offered. I hope that they make an arrest very soon, and I hope the girls are safe.
Welcome! :seeya: I'm about 2-1/2 hrs. from you, so I appreciate you being so close to where Nancy lived. I totally agree about the red flags, especially him not being concerned where she was that morning when she supposedly failed to come home after leaving with no purse, ID, or cell phone. It never crossed his mind where she could be? Or was it because he already knew? I can't see him as that much "Mr. Mom" to work all week, be home taking care of the kids Friday evening until midnight while she's at a party, and then so complacent about being "stuck" with them all Saturday. Like you said, if for no other reason, where is she so he could go do something he wanted to and let her take care of the kids!

Greta on now and she went directly to Amanda Lamb to ask about Brad having an affair and him out buying detergent/bleach, and she says no one can get any confirmation from LE.

No confirmation is sometimes as good as confirmation. It is beyond weird that he is shopping at 4 AM. Not these upper suburb type people...on a weekend? Divorce or not why in the heck get up early on a weekend after doing this all week? Nope, not buying this as something he would do regularly or even on occasion or has ever done before.

The going to the store doesnt seem odd to me, because I do it quite frequently. My day usually starts at 5:00am and especially when kids were little I loved being in Walmart at 5 am doing shopping, not busy, didnt have to take the kids, could get so much done in a short time frame. Now that kids are older been many a times I will get a wild hair in the middle of the night and want to bake or do a special project and have to run to the store to get supplies etc.

I agree it does look strange in this situation, and if it wasnt a normal routine for this family it makes it even more strange.

I went to another website to get a large view of thepicture, carrying out the bags. Panthera is right that bag doesn't have anything real heavy in it. It looks like the top is not sealed. Since I'm new here, I missed others ideas of what could have been in it. Maybe broom? mop? I read something earlier about a shovel too. I guess some are wondering if it's a shovel.

yeah!....i hadn't thought of brooms/mops....

Amanda Lamb.....the info about the bleach being purchased at 4 am, has come through several sources.....as of now, it's rumor since LE hasn't commented on it though.....

Jessica Adams is on now....Adams says she called LE around 1 pm....Adams opted to call LE....i think she got very bad vibes from her conversation with Brad...that's what i got out of it

Brad did not go to the block party - (i think we already figured that out though)

Nancy never mentioned she was afraid of Brad or anyone else, per Ms Adams....

hope i got this info correct....
I heard the same thing and I'm kind of surprised by the last part ~ I was sure Nancy would've confided in her friend to give the friend a reason to call LE immediately. Just saying it was out of character for Nancy doesn't seem to make it so urgent. I still think she might know something but maybe doesn't want to share with the media?

Amanda Lamb.....the info about the bleach being purchased at 4 am, has come through several sources.....as of now, it's rumor since LE hasn't commented on it though.....

Jessica Adams is on now....Adams says she called LE around 1 pm....Adams opted to call LE....i think she got very bad vibes from her conversation with Brad...that's what i got out of it

Brad did not go to the block party - (i think we already figured that out though)

Bold was by mean. Close, very good observation. I had wondered if perhaps she had been afraid of him. However, with all of the triathlon training and adultry it was more likely those factors in terms of marital strain IMHO.

As I said before, my hubby does ironmans and it puts a tremendous strain on even the strongest relationships. The time it takes to train is unbelievable (add cheating to the mix and I cannot imagine what Nancy had been going through). I will add, however, that ironman training time is:eek: nothing compared to living through the three deployments we have been through in our 15 years in the military

No confirmation is sometimes as good as confirmation. It is beyond weird that he is shopping at 4 AM. Not these upper suburb type people...on a weekend? Divorce or not why in the heck get up early on a weekend after doing this all week? Nope, not buying this as something he would do regularly or even on occasion or has ever done before.
I agree. He's the one who went to work everyday, has just spent the night before home with the kids (we assume) while she was out partying until midnight, and at 4am he's up going out for detergent? I could've bought the bread/milk at 6am story, since that would be for the kids breakfast, but not soap. Laundry would be her chore, not his, imo. So if he was out 'shopping' I only see it for something to cover up a crime scene. MOO :)

Yeah swimmom! And think about the thought process......bread, milk, BLEACH. uMMMMMM....yeah.... And this is the breadwinner who works all day and he is out at the store at 4am or 6am for that matter! I want to see his honey~do list.. I mean men don't just go...bread, milk, BLEACH or even laundry soap for that matter...anytime of the day.

If I have offended any men I am really sorry and also would love to purchase some of your dna so I can give my own husband some gene therapy! LOL

NB,

If you are unfamiliar with my previous posts, I will just cut to the chase by saying that I am an IT professional. I only bring this up because I would willingly pay a visit to a store at 4AM, probably have in fact, but not for detergent, unless I needed some. See, I cannot speak for anyone in the Cooper family, and I am not sure if IT people develop this out of habit or not, but I am a nite owl. This fits in with the IT realm, because a lot of work is either done after normal hours, so systems are not down during normal business, or things just take a long time to fix. I have worked over 38 hours straight on one project, and if the system is down unexpectedly, you pretty much have to work on it as long as you can keep going, or until it comes back up.

This, plus my normal circadian tendancies, and something of an occasional obsession with a video game or two, and I have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning more times than I can count. It seems that my "normal" bedtime is about 1 to 2 AM these days, and it has been later than 4AM. When I am in that mode, I have been known to grocery shop at 3. I am married, and strangely enough, my wife is much more of a morning person. I also do the majority of the grocery shopping.

CyberPro

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19645868126

Excerpt:

"Investigators were back at the Cooper home Wednesday evening. They took inside several empty boxes.

Investigators have not named a suspect or a person of interest in the 34-year-old mother of two's death, and getting search warrants for forensic evidence of spouses of murder victims are a routine procedure.

"As you know, an investigation is as important for ruling things out as it is for ruling things in," Bazemore said. Brad Cooper has been cooperative with investigators and has previously allowed police to search the house, Bazemore said.

"We have not done a detailed search. The search warrant allows us to do a detailed search of the home and vehicles," she said. "That would include forensic evidence." Forensic evidence could include hair, saliva and blood samples, as well as an examination for marks, scratches or other injuries.

Bazemore said Brad Cooper has also admitted that the couple was having marital difficulties and said Tuesday that information would be part of the investigation.She declined to comment further about the case, including a cause of death, saying the investigation is ongoing.

"We have talked to a lot of people, and we will continue to talk to people. As we get information, we will investigate every detail we are provided," Bazemore said Wednesday. The moment that we announced this was a murder, it was important that we secured the home as a possible crimes scene," Bazemore said.

Brad Cooper is staying with friends and taking care of his two children, Bazemore said. He was at a news conference Monday evening with his wife's family and was expected to be at 1 p.m. Tuesday but did not show.

He wasn't in attendance Wednesday, either.

"He's been given an open invitation as the rest of the family has. I do not know why he's not here," Bazemore said.

:newbie:
I found websleuths on Google :google: .:)

The going to the store doesnt seem odd to me, because I do it quite frequently. My day usually starts at 5:00am and especially when kids were little I loved being in Walmart at 5 am doing shopping, not busy, didnt have to take the kids, could get so much done in a short time frame. Now that kids are older been many a times I will get a wild hair in the middle of the night and want to bake or do a special project and have to run to the store to get supplies etc.

I agree it does look strange in this situation, and if it wasnt a normal routine for this family it makes it even more strange.

I agree that it is not strange....for a woman... but for a man?

OK this is driving me nuts, for once and for all- did he buy bleach or laundry detergent CONTAINING bleach, or one of each??

NB,

If you are unfamiliar with my previous posts, I will just cut to the chase by saying that I am an IT professional. I only bring this up because I would willingly pay a visit to a store at 4AM, probably have in fact, but not for detergent, unless I needed some. See, I cannot speak for anyone in the Cooper family, and I am not sure if IT people develop this out of habit or not, but I am a nite owl. This fits in with the IT realm, because a lot of work is either done after normal hours, so systems are not down during normal business, or things just take a long time to fix. I have worked over 38 hours straight on one project, and if the system is down unexpectedly, you pretty much have to work on it as long as you can keep going, or until it comes back up.

This, plus my normal circadian tendancies, and something of an occasional obsession with a video game or two, and I have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning more times than I can count. It seems that my "normal" bedtime is about 1 to 2 AM these days, and it has been later than 4AM. When I am in that mode, I have been known to grocery shop at 3. I am married, and strangely enough, my wife is much more of a morning person. I also do the majority of the grocery shopping.

CyberPro
I am a night person too...of the female variety....open heart nurse working 7p-7a.

Thanks for that perspective on IT folks...duh...I should have figured that.

Okay...so we will give BC that. He could well be a nightowl and grocery shopped when he couldn't sleep. I cannot argue at all with that. The proof will be in the pudding...if he cleaned the house with the cleaners he allegedly purchased. They will be able to tell...just like they did with Scott Peterson.

OK this is driving me nuts, for once and for all- did he buy bleach or laundry detergent CONTAINING bleach, or one of each??

The original poster who posted about Brad going to the store, did not even know which one for sure....so, as far as I can tell, nobody does, as it hasn't been reported on yet. :waitasec:

I live right next to Cary, and this whole case has just hit a little too close to home...in many ways. Nancy was a member at my gym, she was my age, she ran outdoors, she's a sahm etc. My heart is very saddened by all of this. I have read all of the posts (back to the first thread), and find that I can't stop. I'm glad that I found this site.

So weird...my husband just stopped at the store on the way home this evening to get something for my son and I greeted him with, "You just went to the store where Brad Cooper got his cleaning supplies." Makes my stomach hurt.

I am convinced that he did it, and have been from the beginning. First 2 give- aways...that he said that she went running with a friend (and didn't), and that he hadn't called anyone with concern when she didn't return as planned. I know my husband would be looking for me (marital problems or not), just to get some help with the kids!

It is just so eery to think about how close this all took place. Did Brad run next to me on a treadmill? Did I look in a killer's eyes? Sorry to be so dramatic, but this is still so fresh. My neighbor's daughter was in preschool with Bella. She only knew Nancy in a casual greeting exchange kind of way. She joined in on the search over the weekend.

Just wanted to thank you all for the insight, and opinions you have offered. I hope that they make an arrest very soon, and I hope the girls are safe.

don't be sorry..it IS wild to think about, allboys.....& welcome to WS:)

The bag is solid on both ends that is being carried out of the home. I am wondering if this is a custom window valance. The length looks to also could be perfect for a double window. This is my guess.

The original poster who posted about Brad going to the store, did not even know which one for sure....so, as far as I can tell, nobody does, as it hasn't been reported on yet. :waitasec:

I think that she knows someone who works at the store actually, but she didn't post what specific store it was.
If I remember correctly the person said it was 'detergent with bleach'.

edit- I think it was a later post where she got the specific info on which product it was. The original post wasn't as clear I think.
edited again- for security stuff sorry, didn't know it was removed.

Howdy Momto3,
Blink was wondering what exactly was alleged (if alleged and exactly can be used in the same sentence lol) purchased at the store...powder or liquid? I cannot remember what you had initially posted. TIA

not buying it either....unless there are employees at the HT that's seen him on occasion stopping in at wee hours of the morning...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01