Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought that Blink had that as her sig line because people on these threads were always misspelling caylee's name.

If that is the case, maybe she should add Casey with an -ey and Jesse without an -i. And since I am on the topic, why do I keep seeing Tony spelled TonE? Makes me think of a rap name. :crazy:

O/T Research on another case a grandmother of a POI was interviewed and gave statements, it was later learned that the GM had alzheimers. Just wondering, suggestion is a very strong tool.

If that is the case, maybe she should add Casey with an -ey and Jesse without an -i. And since I am on the topic, why do I keep seeing Tony spelled TonE? Makes me think of a rap name. :crazy:

I noticed that about Tony's name, too. I think it's on purpose - dj and all...

Yeah, I saw that- the Anthony's seemed almost cheerful. Like they got good news or felt encouraged. I'm so confused!

I think Cindy's mother might be as calendar challenged as the rest of them and also probably wants so badly to have/provide glimmer of hope.

I think it is all an act - trying to look like everything is okay and going their way. They have to be sweating it each and every day...not just because of Caylee being missing...but because of the situation their daughter is in.

It is not hard to see where Casey got her "spinning" skills....LOL

The local WESH station in Orlando is now reporting about a meeting this morning with the Anthony's at the sheriff's office. Now Cindy is saying that she has a babysitter's phone number but it has been disconnected. She also is now denying that the 16th was the last date anyone talked to Caylee. She says she believes HER mother may have talked to her during that period (Cindy's mom). HUH? Where did this come from?

Can you provide a hyperlink so the rest of us can read the article? Thanks!

Let me clarify that I have an Anthropology degree with work in all aspects of the field (not just physical/forensic), but I have done my share of cadaver work (not a fun thing).

I can tell you that the technology Dr. Bass is using with the "sniffer" has been around for a couple years at least. It's actually been featured on an espisode of CSI. As to whether the technology has been tested in court, I believe so but with all scientific presentations, there are always those baffled by it sitting on the jury.

That is why I tend to believe IMO, they are using this test to add to whatever other forensic/physical evidence they already have. It is possible that all they have in the car is hair or blood. That's easily argued in court as having been there before for a variety of reasons. If they can present additional evidence, such as the "sniffer" verifying decomposition, along with the cadaver dogs confirming decomp, then it's more likely to be 1+1+1= for a jury.

When I came home today after a long day without my internet fix, my husband told me that Casey had denied her brother's visit again today. Is he correct or just messing up my mind by being a non-credible source?

I think it is all an act - trying to look like everything is okay and going their way. They have to be sweating it each and every day...not just because of Caylee being missing...but because of the situation their daughter is in.

It is not hard to see where Casey got her "spinning" skills....LOL

Yes they are a very talented bunch! I would much rather get to the bottom of finding my grand daughter!!!!!:furious:

I'm pretty sure the DNA test can tell who's decomposing body it is. Not to be too graphic but it is the body's tissue that is decomposing. And I don't believe they are only testing the air b/c the physical results came back inconclusive. There were maggots in that car. And maggots don't go for pizza--they are drawn to decomposing flesh.

Well to add to the debate about sources, I hate to ask but didn't the maggot comment come from Cindy during her pizza theories? I have not seen anything in the police documents that say there were maggots in the car. Maybe I missed it.

My opinion is she didn't deliberately dump the car. I think it either broke down or ran out of gas, so she got it to the nearest parking lot, called her boyfriend, and then it became just like her child, out of sight, out of mind.
I also think she has just been playing this by ear. I have seen some other posters who seem to think this, too. IMO, Casey truly thought she would throw out this nanny kidnap story, everyone would buy into it, it would all be poor, poor Casey, and she would never have to answer for anything else. It probably blew her mind when LE took her to Universal and asked her to show them where she worked.
Lanie

Sinilar to my theory, which is that she didn't intend to dump the car, but instead, since she didn't know what she was going to do with it on a permanent basis, she left it parked there at the Amscot intending to go back and retrieve it once she figured out what to do, but she ran out of time when the vehicle got towed and her parents learned what was going on... JMO

These are great points. First off she DID leave the keys in the car. And she left the car in front of a check cashing business. We know that she wanted that car to disappear.

Now about the sentence above that I have bolded. This is what gets me, and I can't imagine why I have never questioned it. I'm a guy - I absolutely cannot resist the urge to try to fix something. There is no way that any guy would just drive off with out lifting the hood, or going to pick up some gas, or something.

Last night we were all talking about the smell in the car and how strong or weak it might be and where it was located in the car. Today I parked right next to a late 90's model Pontiac Sunbird.

The car looks like a coupe, but in reality it is a hatchback - so there really isn't a solid separation from the trunk area - any strong odor in the trunk would permeate throughout the cabin area.

I thought it was reported to be a Pontiac Firebird, not a Sunbird. The 1998 Firebird was available in both a coupe and a hatchback model.

EDIT TO ADD: Pontiac ceased production of the Sunbird in 1995.

because that's his myspace spelling of it.

The local WESH station in Orlando is now reporting about a meeting this morning with the Anthony's at the sheriff's office. Now Cindy is saying that she has a babysitter's phone number but it has been disconnected. She also is now denying that the 16th was the last date anyone talked to Caylee. She says she believes HER mother may have talked to her during that period (Cindy's mom). HUH? Where did this come from?

BTW, thanks for posting this. Well if that's the case, I say search Cindy's mother's house as well. And particularly check to see if she has a freezer. Why do I get the feeling they are trying to move the timeline past the 24th? :waitasec:

Well to add to the debate about sources, I hate to ask but didn't the maggot comment come from Cindy during her pizza theories? I have not seen anything in the police documents that say there were maggots in the car. Maybe I missed it.

I'm sure the maggots were removed,as everything else was.

Let me clarify that I have an Anthropology degree with work in all aspects of the field (not just physical/forensic), but I have done my share of cadaver work (not a fun thing).

I can tell you that the technology Dr. Bass is using with the "sniffer" has been around for a couple years at least. It's actually been featured on an espisode of CSI. As to whether the technology has been tested in court, I believe so but with all scientific presentations, there are always those baffled by it sitting on the jury.

That is why I tend to believe IMO, they are using this test to add to whatever other forensic/physical evidence they already have. It is possible that all they have in the car is hair or blood. That's easily argued in court as having been there before for a variety of reasons. If they can present additional evidence, such as the "sniffer" verifying decomposition, along with the cadaver dogs confirming decomp, then it's more likely to be 1+1+1= for a jury.

So they can't tell that a blood stain came from dead body, they can only verify the DNA source from it, and they have to prove decomposition in another route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member