Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #80

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanks for this link:)

some updated info i hadn't seen......

Casey's Typical Day In Jail

Casey has been in the Orange County Jail since July 16.

The young mother is in her cell in isolation for 23 hours a day.

She has no access to a television, but she can request the use of a radio.

Casey only has contact with corrections officers -- no inmates.

She has one hour a day to shower, make outgoing phone calls -- that are monitored -- also during that hour she can spend some time outside in the recreation yard.

BTW, thanks for posting this. Well if that's the case, I say search Cindy's mother's house as well. And particularly check to see if she has a freezer. Why do I get the feeling they are trying to move the timeline past the 24th? :waitasec:

Probably because they are...

That's what I've been wondering too. LE never said anything about maggots in the car yet we've heard about maggots being in the trunk.

If there were maggots then there was either some other food/trash in the car other than pizza or there was a dead body.

Well to add to the debate about sources, I hate to ask but didn't the maggot comment come from Cindy during her pizza theories? I have not seen anything in the police documents that say there were maggots in the car. Maybe I missed it.

http://www.girlsgab.com/2008/07/new-911-call-im-not-giving-you-another-day-ive-given-you-a-month/

The latter comments contradict what she told Eyewitness News after Casey Anthony’s bond hearing on Tuesday.

“There was a bag of pizza for 12 days in a car full of maggots,” Casey’s mother Cynthia Anthony told reporters.

But after the calls were released early Thursday evening, Cynthia Anthony insisted to WFTV that she did not contradict herself.

“It smelled like something had died in the car. I smelled it. I thought something had died in the car. I didn’t know what it was. It could have been a squirrel. It could have been anything. But when we opened the trunk and we saw the maggots in the trunk with all the pizza and stuff, it was a rancid smell,” she said.

Casey Anthony, the mother of the missing girl, also spoke on one of the 911 calls to the sheriff’s office and sounded much more calm than her mother.

oh good grief, now Cindy is dragging her mother into this. Seeing that photo of her father and Caylee, he doesn't look like he's in too good shape . We've never heard any mention of her mother...can she even take the strain of having LE checking her phone records, etc. If true, why would this just be coming out now.

Just figuring ages, if Casey is 23, then Cindy is probably late 40's/early 50's? and her parents would likely be early/mid 70's?

Since there is a hold on the daily updates, can anyone give me a quick update? I know about the psychics. Anything else going on? I would love to read through all the posts, but there are at least 5 threads since I read yesterday!

My opinion is she didn't deliberately dump the car. I think it either broke down or ran out of gas, so she got it to the nearest parking lot, called her boyfriend, and then it became just like her child, out of sight, out of mind.
I also think she has just been playing this by ear. I have seen some other posters who seem to think this, too. IMO, Casey truly thought she would throw out this nanny kidnap story, everyone would buy into it, it would all be poor, poor Casey, and she would never have to answer for anything else. It probably blew her mind when LE took her to Universal and asked her to show them where she worked.
Lanie

First off - please everyone accept my apologies about the key statement - I asked last night, was told they were left in the car and no one else mentioned that it was not an established fact, so I thought it was true.

And secondly - the ONLY thing about Casey's lies that have a connection to the real world is that there actually was a ZG at the Sawgrass apartments on the 17th of June.

I think that is way too much of a coincidence. The 17th was her planning day - the 18th was her disposal day.

Originally Posted by TxRose
The local WESH station in Orlando is now reporting about a meeting this morning with the Anthony's at the sheriff's office. Now Cindy is saying that she has a babysitter's phone number but it has been disconnected. She also is now denying that the 16th was the last date anyone talked to Caylee. She says she believes HER mother may have talked to her during that period (Cindy's mom). HUH? Where did this come from?

My eyes are rolled back so far in my head it hurts.

So, the Anthony's expect us to believe that, after Caylee has been missing for nearly 2 MONTHS and it's ALL OVER THE NEWS that Cindy's mother JUST NOW is coming forward to say, "I heard from Caylee after June 16th."

WTF people?????? ARGH!!!!!

Well to add to the debate about sources, I hate to ask but didn't the maggot comment come from Cindy during her pizza theories? I have not seen anything in the police documents that say there were maggots in the car. Maybe I missed it.

I think it's true but she didn't realize the implications at the time w/ regard to maggots and rotting flesh. She thought she was building a defense--of sorts--by saying there were a number of hideous things in that trunk that could have caused a smell--but in this case it backfired on her. If you are only sticking to info from the police reports, by all means do so, but they are limited thus far.

http://www.girlsgab.com/2008/07/new-911-call-im-not-giving-you-another-day-ive-given-you-a-month/

The latter comments contradict what she told Eyewitness News after Casey Anthony’s bond hearing on Tuesday.

“There was a bag of pizza for 12 days in a car full of maggots,” Casey’s mother Cynthia Anthony told reporters.

But after the calls were released early Thursday evening, Cynthia Anthony insisted to WFTV that she did not contradict herself.

“It smelled like something had died in the car. I smelled it. I thought something had died in the car. I didn’t know what it was. It could have been a squirrel. It could have been anything. But when we opened the trunk and we saw the maggots in the trunk with all the pizza and stuff, it was a rancid smell,” she said.

Casey Anthony, the mother of the missing girl, also spoke on one of the 911 calls to the sheriff’s office and sounded much more calm than her mother.

She said dead body, not dead squirrel/animal...really getting tired of this spinning! :furious:

oh good grief, now Cindy is dragging her mother into this. Seeing that photo of her father and Caylee, he doesn't look like he's in too good shape . We've never heard any mention of her mother...can she even take the strain of having LE checking her phone records, etc. If true, why would this just be coming out now.

Just figuring ages, if Casey is 23, then Cindy is probably late 40's/early 50's? and her parents would likely be early/mid 70's?

I believe Cindy's mom is 81.

That explanation sounds plausible to me. I've had maggots in my trash cans - even without dead bodies. The smell can be sickening.

Why would Cindy make that up? I think she said it and it's true but she didn't realize the implications at the time w/ regard to maggots and rotting flesh. She thought she was building a defense--of sorts--by saying there were all number of hideous things in that trunk that could have caused a smell--but in this case it backfired on her. If you are only sticking to info from the police reports, by all means do so, but they are limited thus far.

I have seen maggots in a garbage can with no dead body. Why could there not be maggots without a body?

I was engaged in discussions of the "dumped" or left/towed car, but I haven't assumed the keys were left in the car, because I couldn't find any backup for that. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist - I just don't know whether or where. The matter of keys being left in cars desired to be stolen in general has come up, as in references to Seinfeld episodes, etc.. I wondered also about the information that the car was out of gas, and whether that was just a Casey statement or a fact, since the two don't seem to have a lot in common. I have been guilty of accepting as fact that her purse was left in the car, and I was basing it on my memory of hearing that from some interview with the parents. I will do some research now to see if that is supported. None of these are strictly necessary to my view of why the car was left, though, which is still just a theory or conjecture on my part. Necessity, due to smell.

So they can't tell that a blood stain came from dead body, they can only verify the DNA source from it, and they have to prove decomposition in another route?

If it is only a blood stain, I would say that is probably correct. If it is blood and other decomposition fluids, that's a different matter. Although I've read pretty much every post here, I do not recall seeing anything that states what evidence they are testing forensically. If I've missed that, I apologize.

From what I've seen, I'm thinking they have hair/blood which would confirm DNA and are looking for verification of the decomp from other methods.

The more evidence they have, the better their case would be if it went to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1