Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of the loop for awhile...away on vacation. I see there are no new developments other than the SW's will remain sealed. Lacking time and being a bit lazy, I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me if our posters have heard any new news through the grapevine in the last two weeks.

IIRC, a day or two ago, Mt3k confirmed through a contact that BC did try to have Nancy's card swiped at LTF Saturday.

I would be absolutely fascinated to know if you do remember that correctly and it is TRUE that BC did try to have NC's card swiped. Mom seems to really know her stuff. Mom, can you tell us if this was remembered correctly, and that you know it to be as factual as can be given your source??

IIRC, a day or two ago, Mt3k confirmed through a contact that BC did try to have Nancy's card swiped at LTF Saturday.
That is HUGE news. Thanks to those who filled me in. Being a member at LTF, I cannot imagine how he thought he could accomplish that. All you have to do if you forget your card is give them your name. Your picture comes up on the computer, so the desk help can determine if you are legitimate. They must have thought he was nuts!

NC and BC had not slept together since Katie was conceived. NC had her own bedroom, and didn't even clean his room or change his sheets. And she told her friends he didn't, either.

RDD58.....where the heck have you been? I have scratched my head wondering where you might have gone.

RDD58.....where the heck have you been? I have scratched my head wondering where you might have gone.
On a much needed vacation! I thought I could get away from the "crime" for awhile, but found myself obsessing about it a lot while I was gone. I had no computer access where I was staying; however I did venture into a coffee shop with computers and looked at the WRAL site. That's how I learned the SW's were to stay sealed. Needless to say, I was quite dissapointed that no arrest had been made.

This new info. about the LTF card is a biggie. He would have had to dig through her purse or her gym bag to get it out. I am curious to know what the front desk conversation was to try and convince someone to scan Nancy's card. RED FLAG! for even a half-witted employee.

I just listened again to the news conference on the 15th and had to rewind it a dozen times when I heard this question...

Reporter asks....Do you have any evidence that he was actively searching for his wife when she didn't return home from her morning jog?

Chief repeats question...Do I/we have any reason to believe that he was searching for his wife when she did not return home from her morning jog?

Chief answers...he actually did assist with the search he did not initially but he did join the search, hmmm, so he has also been a part of that.

I found Mom's posts. It's this thread, page 15, posts 361 and 365. Yeah, IMO it looks like those missing hours were spent trying to construct a plausible alibi before he finally "remembered" to check Carey's condo/apt.

Mom certainly is on top of things. :clap::clap: I think she's right too about the long bag removed from the house during the search -- it looks like a custom valance to me. It has to be something wide because of the way the officer is carrying it.

Maybe they now believe that more than one person was possibly involved.

Perhaps the best way to listen to LE and understand what they are saying is to put yourself in their shoes so to speak. If LE says they are are conifdent they will arrest the person responsible - this alone is an admission as to where the investigation is. By saying person or persons, they have revealed nothing really - the door is open. Some defense lawyer can't scream LE did not pursue options.

In every press conference there are several reporters - each one tries to ask the main point in a different way, LE is best served by responding with this type of open ended response as it addresses every possible way the question can be asked.

One thing however that I found interesting is during the press conferences before Nancy was found - LE when asked if there was a POI or suspect responded they had no POI or suspect. I was wondering why LE even responded to this question - if a person is missing and no one has seen them or reported them being seen somewhere - why would one assume there is a POI or suspect to begin with?

This new info. about the LTF card is a biggie. He would have had to dig through her purse or her gym bag to get it out. I am curious to know what the front desk conversation was to try and convince someone to scan Nancy's card. RED FLAG! for even a half-witted employee.

Maybe he went there looking for her, and took her ID in with him to show the photo. [ Knowing that she could very well have gone in there without the ID (as someone posted you just have to give them your name, and they can pull you up on the computer ]

Maybe he didn't have his own ID handy (or had lost it), and grabbed hers in case they asked for membership card at front desk.

I don't buy at all that he was there trying to make it "look like" she cheked into LTF on her own that late in the day. That would be ridiculous.

Maybe he went there looking for her, and took her ID in with him to show the photo. [ Knowing that she could very well have gone in there without the ID (as someone posted you just have to give them your name, and they can pull you up on the computer ]

Maybe he didn't have his own ID handy (or had lost it), and grabbed hers in case they asked for membership card at front desk.

I don't buy at all that he was there trying to make it "look like" she cheked into LTF on her own that late in the day. That would be ridiculous.

Not if one believes a person cannot be reported missing until after 24 hours. Both Brad and JA admit they thought this was true.

One thing however that I found interesting is during the press conferences before Nancy was found - LE when asked if there was a POI or suspect responded they had no POI or suspect. I was wondering why LE even responded to this question - if a person is missing and no one has seen them or reported them being seen somewhere - why would one assume there is a POI or suspect to begin with?

Subsequent to this though (but before discovery), at some point, didn't LE say that they believed N was still alive?

He had his and DID ask to have hers swiped. That is all I am willing to say at this point.

I just posted the chief answering a response about him looking when she did not return home....she said he did NOT.

Subsequent to this though (but before discovery), at some point, didn't LE say that they believed N was still alive?

uh huh - they did. So with that belief why say you have no POI or suspect ? A POI or suspect for what ?

Were they suppose to say she's dead ?

Not if one believes a person cannot be reported missing until after 24 hours. Both Brad and JA admit they thought this was true.

Not sure I follow Rc ... Just because you think you have to wait 24 hours before engaging LE, why couldn't you still go to the health club, take your wife's membership card, show them at the desk the card/picture, ask if they've seen her, and maybe even use that card to enter the club yourself (to go look for yourself).

In theory, why wouldn't that be reasonable?

Maybe he went there looking for her, and took her ID in with him to show the photo. {snip}

According to what Mt3k posted, Brad had his own card and got it scanned, and then tried to get Nancy's card scanned too. We don't yet know whether the front desk clerk did scan Nancy's card (or not), Mt3K said Brad was giving them a "song 'n dance" about why he needed this done. Since Brad had his own card, he could have gone in looking for NC just with that. There was no reason for him to present NC's card and request her card get scanned. None that are innocent that I can think of.

Remember: at this point Brad has no idea that LE was already called. The only calls he's gotten is from the worried friend, JA. He thinks he has 24 hrs before he 'can' (or perhaps 'has to') report her missing. Until LE called him at 3pm and told him to come home and they're already there waiting for him, he didn't know!

Not sure I follow Rc ... Just because you think you have to wait 24 hours before engaging LE, why couldn't you still go to the health club, take your wife's membership card, show them at the desk the card/picture, ask if they've seen her, and maybe even use that card to enter the club yourself (to go look for yourself).

In theory, why wouldn't that be reasonable?

I didn't say it wasn't reasonable. What is unreasonable is he is supposedly on the phone calling friends - why not also call LFT ? Why drag kids over there and leave them in thecar in a parking lot alone ?

What seems more reasonable, to me anyhow, is you take her card to LFT trying to get someone to swipe it in so you are not the one who has to say I saw her at home. If he believed he couldn't report her missing for 24 hours - trying to get her swiped into the club would show she was away from home and more importantly - away from Brad. Not ridiculous - crafty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery