Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to what Mt3k posted, Brad had his own card and got it scanned, and then tried to get Nancy's card scanned too. We don't yet know whether the front desk clerk did scan Nancy's card (or not), Mt3K said Brad was giving them a "song 'n dance" about why he needed this done.

Remember: at this point Brad has no idea that LE was already called. The only calls he's gotten is from the worried friend, JA. He thinks he has 24 hrs before he 'can' (or perhaps 'has to') report her missing. Until LE called him at 3pm and told him to come home and they're already there waiting for him, he didn't know!

Ok - I'm following now [thanks!] :). I think I missed MT3's more detailed posts on Sunday here as I didn't recall those specifics (thanks).

Wow, well, If it's true, I'm at a loss offhand to offer an explanation for it. Still think it's a stretch that he was trying to establish that she entered the club at that time. Surely he would realize that the front desk person would recall him requesting this, so struggle with that explanation. [ Though again, can't have an alternative :) ]

Ok - I'm following now [thanks!] :). I think I missed MT3's more detailed posts on Sunday here as I didn't recall those specifics (thanks).

Wow, well, If it's true, I'm at a loss offhand to offer an explanation for it. Still think it's a stretch that he was trying to establish that she entered the club at that time. Surely he would realize that the front desk person would recall him requesting this, so I'm not sure about that theory either though.

Maybe the front desk clerk did remember it - maybe they even reported it to LE once they realized searchers for Nancy were gathering very close to the club's front door.

uh huh - they did. So with that belief why say you have no POI or suspect ? A POI or suspect for what ?

Were they suppose to say she's dead ?

So you're thinking that when LE stated that they thought she was still alive, that in reality, they didn't really think that? [ But at the same time, they didn't want to come out and say they didn't think that ]

I suppose that's possible, but if so, rather than say "we believe she's dead", they could have said "We're treating this as Missing Persons case, so the need for suspects or POI's isn't applicable right now".

Another explanation for their responses were that indeed, they DID believe she very well could still be alive. In response to any queries from the press on suspects/persons-of-interest though, their standard/pat answer is "we have not named any suspects or POI's at this time". Doesn't mean they have any (or think they'll need to have any), it's just a canned response to that query. Is that possible too?

Maybe the front desk clerk did remember it - maybe they even reported it to LE once they realized searchers for Nancy were gathering very close to the club's front door.

I have to believe that if it's true, the front-desk person surely has reported it to LE. What boggles me is that B would think this strategy would have any of chance helping more than hurting his alibi. I guess it just doesn't strike me as crafty, more nonsensical, that's why I struggle with it.

It's interesting regardless... thanks for the explanations!

Sorry - haven't dug back through the info regarding LTF ... thanks for the recap ..

Has LTF contacted LE regarding this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member