Grab a Tissue....

I'm sorry if this is out of line but I thought that this thread was to share the heart-felt emotion of a person that personally knew little Caylee and that a fellow poster brought to our attention. It's now turning into yet another bashing of a person that just happened to know Casey Anthony
If it was just to share HIS emotion, that's what his Myspace is for, and not a thread. On a forum. Where people get to respond.

I wasn't bashing him. I was responding with my own emotion.

edit - uncalled for, sorry. Crappy mood, no excuse.

The topic of this thread is a man who knew Caylee and loved her, and who is trying to deal with his own guilt and shame in his own way. In this tool he is using to deal with it, he has referred to us all as having been monsters at one time or another...somehow this seems to minimize the monstrous acts that Casey has committed by comparing them to all of our human failures...

However, Casey did not just commit your average human day to day failures. She committed crimes against her family and against her friends. She had a DEAD BODY in her trunk that was almost certainly her child. The body was decomposing, indicating it had been expired for some time. There was vaporized chloroform in her trunk as well, and strands of hair from a dead body that was likely her child.

I cannot see a comparison of THOSE failures with the failure of day to day mistakes that we make as humans...They do not compare, and although I have EVERY sympathy and compassion for the man and his grief and his guilt. I cannot assume it as my own simply because I am a human and make mistakes. It is comparing grapes to watermelons, and they really do not compare.

This is not to say that I feel harshly in ANY way with the gentlemen...It is just to say that in REALITY it is not a valid comparison to make...

Since Mr. Grund didn't personally bring this over to Websleuths, I won't comment on it. I feel if he wanted to share his grief with us, then he would have done just that.

No offense to the thread starter at all. Some of us have been here before.

I do know this. There is NO circumstance when I would place MY dead child in the trunk of my car-NONE...There is NO situation that I would place myself or my children in when I would EVER pick up their dead body and PUT IT IN MY TRUNK...That would NEVER happen to me. I would call the police if it was an accident. I would never leave them in the car to die of heat suffocation. I would never give them street drugs or chloroform to make them sleep so I could go and party or be with a boyfriend. My child who died tragically for whatever reason would NOT wind up in my trunk...
I totally agree with this. I don't believe that Mr. G. is actually equating us with Casey and probably doesn't intend any insult when he refers to us all as "monsters" at one time or another. I think that he is basically just drawing on Biblical principles in trying to rectify this horror in his mind. Maybe he didn't use the right words or the best comparisons but he's probably just venting through his personal blog on his personal myspace account. I truly hate that so many people are suffering through this just by knowing Casey Anthony.

Me too jersey girl...I cannot imagine the pain that is in the hearts of those who knew and loved both Caylee and Casey...and I have absolute compassion and heartfelt sympathy for them...

especially Mr. G as he had a VERY close bond that developed with this baby and his heart is utterly broken and he IS trying to reconsile it with his faith and I commend him for his effort and his example...

If it was just to share HIS emotion, that's what his Myspace is for, and not a thread. On a forum. Where people get to respond.

It wasn't him that started the thread. It was a WS poster that I interpreted as feeling tremendous sympathy for him.

I wasn't bashing him. I was responding with my own emotion.

I saw nothing wrong with your post.

I just wanted to point out that a lot of us seem to be misdirecting our anger onto people that don't deserve it (as far as we know at this moment in time). That is a truth. It certainly was not stated to offend.

edit - uncalled for, sorry. Crappy mood, no excuse.
Please don't give it a second thought. This is a very emotional situation and I truly do know where you're coming from.

ETA: I also edited my response to remove the quote that you removed from yours. No hard feelings.

True dat, and I note the followers, if you will, I dont call that objective, I call that an agenda.

Not being disrespectful, I do believe this family has been victimized by Casey and the Anthony's, but this forum is about Caylee, not Rev Grund's "pulpit".

This man is grieving.... nevermind - I'm not going to waste my breath on this one -

A few of us DID reap something from Mr. Grund's message -

Thanks, Jersey. I felt awful. And thanks again for keeping the TES links in your sig.

i couldn't even get through the whole thing....im tired of 'listening' to people preach just to preach. He is another one lookin for his 15 min of fame through this tragedy. get a personal journal, type out your thoughts and put them in a binder, stop posting this personal stuff online. JMO.

Jeez, he's a Reverend, this is what he does he preaches. I for one was touched by his words and I'm an atheist. It seems that it's thought that everyone that was involved in CA's life everyone jumps down their throat saying they're fame hungry fiends. If you guys lost a loved one, and wrote a blog about it, I bet you would feel like crap if people were insinuated you are just sharing your feelings for attention. JMO

We are all monsters at one time or another? Um, no we're not. Personally, I think the guy likes to talk to hear himself talk. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I certainly think so also! I did not even finish reading it. If I want to cry, I will look at the video's of little Caylee. It really is all about her that we are here.

Jeez, he's a Reverend, this is what he does he preaches. I for one was touched by his words and I'm an atheist. It seems that it's thought that everyone that was involved in CA's life everyone jumps down their throat saying they're fame hungry fiends. If you guys lost a loved one, and wrote a blog about it, I bet you would feel like crap if people were insinuated you are just sharing your feelings for attention. JMO

I agree.....not everyone in Caseys life is suddenly all about the fame......I thought it was a TRULY heart felt tribute to Caylees life and life in general. Some of you are too quick to jump down someones throat......just because Casey is a pathalogical liar (and alleged baby killer) doesnt mean everyone in her life is out to do bad things. lighten up a little! :)

This man is grieving.... nevermind - I'm not going to waste my breath on this one -

A few of us DID reap something from Mr. Grund's message -

I truly do not doubt that he is, or all of his family, if you review my posts I have always said I believe they are victims of Casey, and I believe they are grieving for Caylee.. That is not my issue, my issue, among others, is that this forum is for Caylee. He has several avenues to "preform his work" and I do not think this should be one of them.
Frankly, I find his postings in direct conflict with some of his other ventures/sites and am very confused by it. That being said I respect your right to post as you have.

One thing I am not confused by though, is that I have seen factual evidence in this case that leads me to believe his son, albeit unwittingly perhaps, is in up to his eyeballs in this case. If and I say if, and make no allegation, Rev. Grund and JG are aware of any information that could progress this case, I would hope that they draw on their stated belief systems and do the right thing for Caylee. If they did, I ,for one would support them.

I truly do not doubt that he is, or all of his family, if you review my posts I have always said I believe they are victims of Casey, and I believe they are grieving for Caylee.. That is not my issue, my issue, among others, is that this forum is for Caylee. He has several avenues to "preform his work" and I do not think this should be one of them.
Frankly, I find his postings in direct conflict with some of his other ventures/sites and am very confused by it. That being said I respect your right to post as you have.

One thing I am not confused by though, is that I have seen factual evidence in this case that leads me to believe his son, albeit unwittingly perhaps, is in up to his eyeballs in this case. If and I say if, and make no allegation, Rev. Grund and JG are aware of any information that could progress this case, I would hope that they draw on their stated belief systems and do the right thing for Caylee. If they did, I ,for one would support them.

I agree, whoever has information might as well go ahead and cough it up. Law enforcement is taking this one serious. They'll find out sooner or later. Might as well go ahead and make things easier on yourself. Not this isn't regarding JG. This is to anyone holding back info

First off I have to say
THE VIDEO (music) IS SO SWEET. You NEED a tissue....if someone made a slideshow of caylee with this song, theres no way I would be able to see it...

secondly....I completely understand what he is saying. He was apparently close to her, and Im sure it is hurting his heart to realize that this world has lost Caylee. I dont think hes being too easy on Casey.. I think he is just saying whats on his mind, and trying to be gentle in phrasing anything about her...ANYONES first emotion would be what everyone is saying here..."Shes a monster, she needs to die..."etc....Im sure hes been through the "hate" emotions also....but I will not judge him, a victim as well as many others, on how interprets his feelings.

i couldn't even get through the whole thing....im tired of 'listening' to people preach just to preach. He is another one lookin for his 15 min of fame through this tragedy. get a personal journal, type out your thoughts and put them in a binder, stop posting this personal stuff online. JMO.

You really believe that this man, who LOVES Caylee as his granddaughter, who was at the hospital when she was born BELIEVING he WAS her grandfather, is seeking his 15 minutes of fame? Come on.....and until I'm told to stop posting these messages (by a MOD), I will continue to do so - I, personally, am touched tremendously by Rev. Grund's messages -

This man has the right intentions. I truly believe he is trying to do good by god and not be judgemental. I do disagree with the whole "monster" theory. If we all have monsters than Casey has the devil. That is nice that he has empathy/sympathy for her and her family, but I absolutely do not! Maybe that makes him a better person than me, but like he said who's to judge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back