Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

Dick Tracey,
The compassion you have shown the Anthony's is amazing. You and your staff are real life heros in my book.

The pain is minimal, thanfully and the healing is going well. As to the wife, I forsee doing a lot of things to make it up to her for having to deal with this cripple. :) She's definately the strength behind me, that's for sure.

You bring out a good point about other missing person investigations. Each is unique, having different facts and nuiances that make it so. Its unfortunate that many of these cases don't get the attention they deserve. There are thousands of missing children out there that deserve the same attention this case has gotten. Unfortunately, they don't. One problem I see is that in general, agencies don't have many resources allocated to dealing in just missing person cases. When they do, the amount of "repeat customers" the missing person investigators have to deal with are quite high. How can someone tell if that repeat customer's last dissapearance isn't one done by choice. That's the hard part. Then add to that familial abductions, voluntary dissapearances (making a new life) and the like and you see the problem. There is a solution I'm sure. I just don't know what it is.

Would it make a difference if missing children and missing persons were two separate entities? Or does this just cause another drain on an ailing system?

Det. Melich, glad you are healing and that there is minimal pain now. GB you for all you do and GB your family as well!

I don't laugh. I wish I could provide some answers to good questions on here, but unfortunately I can't. One day I will be able to do just that and I'll be happy to. Until that day, have patience. :detective:

We look forward to it!

I watched the Cindy interview, and I have to say, you rock! Calendar Guy was great too! :clap:

Det. Yuri-Just wanted to wish you a smooth recovery. In watching the tapes of Cindy's interview, your compassion and tenderness in trying to get her to see the facts and reality of the situation were amazing to me. I don't know how she kept from breaking down at that point---I believe I would have in her situation. Your professionalism was well blended with kindness and respect. I applaud you and your colleagues in how you are handling this case. God bless you and your family. And thank you for all you are doing in the search for Caylee and for the TRUTH.

I admire all of the LE personnel that have had to deal with Casey during this case. I would NEVER be able to sit across from someone like her,listening to her bullcrap with a missing child at stake with a gun on my person and not use it!! They have the patience of saints! Just hoping to see a resolve soon so everyone involved can have some peace.

Yuri, hope your leg is healing up nicely. I also hope you are busting her a$$ soon! Get well soon!

I admire all of the LE personnel that have had to deal with Casey during this case. I would NEVER be able to sit across from someone like her,listening to her bullcrap with a missing child at stake with a gun on my person and not use it!! They have the patience of saints! Just hoping to see a resolve soon so everyone involved can have some peace.

I could not have said it better if that was me I would be yelling at her until I was blue in the face. I don't have a tolerance for liars and con artists. I really admire everyone who had the patience in this case in tryng to get to the bottom of everything going on. :clap:

Would it make a difference if missing children and missing persons were two separate entities? Or does this just cause another drain on an ailing system?

Just that alone, no. Children are classified as anyone under 18. Perhaps you're meaning under say 11? Then maybe if the agency has enough resources to work the case. A true missing persons investigation is akin to a murder investigation without a body. At least in a homicide, you have a last known location and possible evidence to be found. Heck, the "george orwell" side of me says to allow parents to install a GPS chip free of charge on their child until their 18th birthday when they can then choose to have it removed. I'll probably get some big brother heat about that but it is my opinion. ;)

Just that alone, no. Children are classified as anyone under 18. Perhaps you're meaning under say 11? Then maybe if the agency has enough resources to work the case. A true missing persons investigation is akin to a murder investigation without a body. At least in a homicide, you have a last known location and possible evidence to be found. Heck, the "george orwell" side of me says to allow parents to install a GPS chip free of charge on their child until their 18th birthday when they can then choose to have it removed. I'll probably get some big brother heat about that but it is my opinion. ;)

I have looked into it, and now that we hear DTO advocating it, uh, wait hold please, the ACLU is on my other line...

Kidding, but my sincere hope in all of this is that we all take this issue way more seriously than we ever have AND ACT.. Thank you DTO for reminding us.

Yuri,
I am suffering from addiction to this case..
Sure would be nice for you to hold my hand and snap be back into reality..:blowkiss:

Get well soon! , and please drive a 4 wheeled vehicle back to work!

P.S. Just curious? Since you are out now, and home, I suppose you watch football right?
Let me guess..umm...FSU fan? Or would you be a Gator Fan?
You know, we all love that Georgia v/s Florida game coming up...LOL Who is your pick?

*slap*

Oh, sorry, thought you asked for a Slap not a Snap. :) Wish I could help with the addiction but I'm a bit "enveloped" with the same so I can't offer any advice aside from patience my young padawan. ;)

I'm not a football fan, sorry to say, but my wife is. She's a Seminole grad so her heart is with them. That being said, she loves it when Florida gets beat. Guess I have to be a seminole fan by default. My sport is international soccer. When the world cup comes around (whether mens, womens, or under 18) I'm a fan and try to watch every game. Go HDTV!

*slap*

Oh, sorry, thought you asked for a Slap not a Snap. :) Wish I could help with the addiction but I'm a bit "enveloped" with the same so I can't offer any advice aside from patience my young padawan. ;)

I'm not a football fan, sorry to say, but my wife is. She's a Seminole grad so her heart is with them. That being said, she loves it when Florida gets beat. Guess I havve to be a seminole fan by default. My sport is international soccer. When the world cup comes around (whether mens, womens, or under 18) I'm a fan and try to watch every game. Go HDTV!

LOL , never been a soccer fan myself...Huge Baseball family I have, lol and always love to see FSU go down.lol (sorry to the wife)
Thank you for answering, and I really hope you are well enough soon to head back to work..Its the work you guys are doing now, and websleuths that has made me more aware of the children in this world who go missing on a daily basis. I have forever become a voice for kids..:rolleyes:

Agreed!! Just think if that was the case how much precious time and the agony of some cases could be saved. :woohoo:

*slap*

I'm not a football fan, sorry to say, but my wife is. She's a Seminole grad so her heart is with them. That being said, she loves it when Florida gets beat. Guess I have to be a seminole fan by default. My sport is international soccer. When the world cup comes around (whether mens, womens, or under 18) I'm a fan and try to watch every game. Go HDTV!

I just knew you were a Star Wars Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeaaaaaa, way to go

I think this is a great idea! As well, I think we all should be required to have our DNA and fingerprints in a national database somewhere. This would/could alleviate a lot of MP's and UID's (had it been done before). It could be taken at birth, any hospitalizations or perhaps it could be a requirement to get your DL's renewed or issued (if it hasn't already been entered into the database)? :waitasec: Until I began lurking at WS's, I never realized how many UID's there are out there. It's a shame!

BTW, hope you are feeling better! I watched the CA interview last night - what great compassion you have. I was in tears at the end; I could sense her pain and denial.

Oh yeah - GO NOLES!!! (What a smart wife you have!) :woohoo:I'm a baseball fan (Go Yankees - even though our season is 'over'). Having lived in Italy for 3 years , I came to realize that soccer was the only sport to be a fan of (over there anyway). It's a great game!

I'm in total agreement with the GPS chip....I think it's an excellent idea and have thought that for a while now. Sure would cut down on most, if not all, the "missing/lost kid" stories that we hear on the news just about every day.

Now I'm going to :run: back to my corner and hide for a while.

George Orwell 1984 that was my first book report in 9th grade I received an A+...................

As for the chip being removed age 18 there should be a stipulation, only if they have MOVED OUT..................

I hope when you go visit your doctor he gives you great news that you are healing right on schedule. Good luck!

Hi Yuri.................
..........puts a smile on my face each time you return.
Are you able to work the case while you are home with that leg?
You may have already responded to this...maybe I missed it.
Cannot imagine you could step away from it no matter what.
karen

Hi Yuri.................
..........puts a smile on my face each time you return.
Are you able to work the case while you are home with that leg?
You may have already responded to this...maybe I missed it.
Cannot imagine you could step away from it no matter what.
karen

I imagine Yuri can give it his all in regards to being a Detective, mentally all day long . physically he'll have minions (no disrespect to minions.) to run around for him!

I hope he has a brainstorm soon because it's driving me crazy this casey!

I mean case.:rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen