Today is the day (10/14/08) the Grand Jury Meets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching GA's statement a couple of times, I believe him for the first time in this case. I think he may have actually come clean about everything he knows. (Or he decided to lie and take the fall for Casey.) I didn't hear denial or defiance anymore. It sounded more apologetic towards his family.

ITA, SS. I felt sympathy for him for the first time in weeks. Heartbreaking. I also felt like his statement about loving his wife, son and daughter was almost like him saying he knew they would not appreciate what he was about to do.

"He did mention praying at 11 a.m. and 11 p.m., although he didn’t explain the significance, if any, of that time." Why would george say this?

Lawyer speak......drama....I just hope he simply told the truth.

“All we can say is that George Anthony answered all questions directly and honestly and did what no human being could be prepared to do.” He added that if an indictment is handed up, he will comment.

http://www.wesh.com/breakingnews/index.html

/ If the grand jury hands up a true bill to indict, it is likely Casey Anthony would be arrested immediately. She also would be arrested before we all get news of what exactly is in the indictment. It is keep sealed until the person indicted is arrested.

From the same link JustJax posted. :behindbar

Hats off to George - what an incredibly hard time of testifying against his own daughter.

I think if anyone in their family has a shred of dignity it is him.

Are we on the third witness now?
I pray GA told the truth, for God's sake someone in the family should. Poor Caylee deserves the truth from her family, not this baloney we've been hearing for months.

11:29 a.m.: WESH 2 News reporter Amanda Ober is outside the courthouse and caught up with Mark NeJame and George Anthony when they left earlier this morning. As he said to media inside the courthouse, NeJame said he wasn’t legally allowed to talk about what was said inside the grand jury room. But he added:

“All we can say is that George Anthony answered all questions directly and honestly and did what no human being could be prepared to do.” He added that if an indictment is handed up, he will comment.

What did he say??????:eek:
I would guess basicly the same things he had to say in his interview with LE.

CASEY SPENDING DAY AT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE

Casey Anthony was at her lawyer's office in Osceola County on Tuesday afternoon and she could be enjoying her last few hours of the limited freedom she now has. She is a suspect in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, Caylee's body has never been found.

Channel 9 reported that chloroform was found in the trunk of Casey's car and jurors will hear how investigators found that potentially deadly chemical in the same spot where Caylee's body had been at one point.

Casey and her mother, Cindy, left their east Orange County home Tuesday morning. She arrived at the office of her lawyer, Jose Baez around 11:00am. Even on a day when the Grand Jury is deciding her fate, Casey had nothing to say.

Cindy dropped Casey off at Jose Baez's office around 10:45am. Cindy left and then returned with paperwork, but neither said a word to reporters.

Casey appeared to be dressed more formally than normal, in pin-stripped slacks and a button-down shirt. There's no telling if her attorney suggested that attire because of the possibility that she could soon be appearing in another mug shot.

One topic of conversation Tuesday might be who would represent her in a murder trial. Jose Baez does not meet the usual criteria for a lead council on a capital murder case, but there is a new attorney on the case, too, Jonathan Kasen out of south Florida. He could become the lead.

Of course, in the end, Casey can insist that Baez represent her. She just has to be told before the court that he's unqualified.

As for a potential arrest Tuesday, Casey's scheduled to be home by 4:00pm. If an arrest warrant is issued before then, Orange County could call Osceola County and ask that deputies pick her up at her attorney's office or Baez could negotiate a surrender at the Orange County jail.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17705500/detail.html

According to FOX CA was taking KC to JB's office..... they arrived at 10:52. It mentioned that CA left JB's office, and then returned at 11:15 with pictures, but when I posted the link, I did not see that info???

Oh, good... I see someone above posted more info!

638 active users viewing this thread - 249 members and 389 guests

I pray we don't crash!

Also, no mention of a third witness entering the courtroom yet :waitasec:

If there are only 6 witnesses to be called would they be breaking for lunch this early?

I wondered why they would assign this case to this GJ if it was just starting today. There would be no way of knowing that additional testimony would not be needed, and then it would be in front of the new GJ.

I think it is possible they have been hearing testimony already, especially from LE and expert witnesses.

I believe it is because this is a "seasoned" grand jury. They only have to show enough evidence to have an indicment returned.

He did mention praying at 11 a.m. and 11 p.m., although he didn’t explain the significance, if any, of that time. WHY did he say that pray at 11PM?

They probably want to be in place if GA goes home to a fam waiting to flog him with a hammer and a bat. Run, GA, Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage