The Anthony's Attend Missing Children's Day commemoration with the Govenor.

Had Cindy Anthony once actually searched for Caylee maybe I'd accept her attendance at a missing childrens gathering of such importance. I just saw the interview she and George gave and it makes me want to vomit.

This might be my first post, and it may be negative, but I've had enough of Cindy Anthony trying to parade around now as some type of vigilante for child advocacy. Who the Hell has she helped? What has she done for Caylee? What has she done for other missing children? Nothing.

What a waste. A total waste.

Had Cindy Anthony once actually searched for Caylee maybe I'd accept her attendance at a missing childrens gathering of such importance. I just saw the interview she and George gave and it makes me want to vomit.

This might be my first post, and it may be negative, but I've had enough of Cindy Anthony trying to parade around now as some type of vigilante for child advocacy. Who the Hell has she helped? What has she done for Caylee? What has she done for other missing children? Nothing.

So true and welcome to WS.:)

Ditto, and welcome.

Baez knows that the only hope of getting Casey off is to work overtime at making the public (ie: potential jurors) believe that:
1. Caylee may be alive
2. CA and GA are "grieving" grandparents who believe Caylee is alive and we should feel sorry for them.

If they can pull this off, they have created reasonable doubt. Baez will tap into any media blitz and opportunity to put the A's out there to get us to believe this. This forum with the Governor was a brilliant move for the defense...I am sure they have captured the hearts and minds of a few more folks who were sitting on the fence. Hook, line and sinker.
The facts from "day 1" speak loud and clear. The game Casey and the A's are playing is called..."Prove it".

I don't see their grand daughter as "missing". She is deceased. If they want to know where she is, all they have to do is ask KC. Or beat the crap out of KC until she tells them where Cayl is located.

<snip>

If they need to reach out for support and help, let them go to a doctor or to a support group for murdered victim's families.

This is my opinion only.

I'm going to preface my post by saying that I am NOT an Anthony supporter; however, I do have a great deal of empathy for the grandparents. First, ask yourself this: have you ever had a loved one go missing and you have no clue where he/she is? Well, I have. My BFF went "missing" 17.5 years ago. No clues, nothing. I know in my heart he is gone (and I have a feeling about who caused it), but I have never given up hope that he may walk through the doors again. Is it wrong for the family to have hope? Without a doubt, in my mind anyway, the GP's do love Caylee. Sometimes that is all a person/family has is a small glimmer of 'hope' and it's not our place to take that away from them.

As for the actions of GA & CA - I can't say that I agree with them, but then again you nor I know what they are feeling. We don't see their emotions behind closed doors. They do not want to accept what they have been dealt and quite honestly I can't blame them. I don't want to accept that precious Caylee is gone either, but the reality of it is she is gone. As far as the search, my BFF's mother and father didn't search for him either, they were too distraught and for the most part stayed holed up in their home.

Has what KC done helped LE in this search? ABSOLUTELY NOT! No one is to blame, IMO, except KC. And, FWIW, I don't think it is appropriate for them to "beat the crap out of KC until she tells them where Cayl is located." As much as I would love to do this myself, it's not going to happen. KC has 'lawyered up' and she isn't telling anyone anything (I'm positive that comes on the advice of JB - and he's just 'doing his job').

As for attending this Commemoration - it is their right as victims to attend this. Perhaps this is what they needed. We have to remember, they are KC's victims too. They love their daughter and don't want to believe/accept that she may have taken their precious little Caylee. Who would want to believe that?

One more thing: talking about TES - I heard on the Today Show interview last week where CA was asking for people to keep the search for Caylee going: she said whether it is searching on the grounds with groups like TES or searching for an alive Caylee (this is paraphrased). Maybe they are 'coming around' but it's still not wrong for them to have hope, JMHO.

Baez knows that the only hope of getting Casey off is to work overtime at making the public (ie: potential jurors) believe that:
1. Caylee may be alive
2. CA and GA are "grieving" grandparents who believe Caylee is alive and we should feel sorry for them.

If they can pull this off, they have created reasonable doubt. Baez will tap into any media blitz and opportunity to put the A's out there to get us to believe this. This forum with the Governor was a brilliant move for the defense...I am sure they have captured the hearts and minds of a few more folks who were sitting on the fence. Hook, line and sinker.
The facts from "day 1" speak loud and clear. The game Casey and the A's are playing is called..."Prove it".

I don't believe Caylee is still alive, but it doesn't stop me from having empathy for the grandparents. I don't feel 'sorry' for them for anything except the fact that they have lost their granddaughter and they didn't ask for this. I believe CA and GA are "grieving" but I don't see how it would make the case of reasonable doubt for the defense. I can have empathy for the g-parents and still believe wholeheartedly that KC killed Caylee.

1. Caylee may be alive

Well, if Baez is trying to influence the pool of potential jurors, I do believe the prosecution needs to release some tid bits for the other side.(hint hint) I mean all's fair in love and war.
Tid Bidts I'd like to see:
LA DNA results, pictures of the trunk of the pontiac when LE received the vehicle, proof that GA went back to work after picking up the car from the tow yard, Annie's statement etc. Something, anything would be good.

When confronted with the totality of the evidence here, as magnified by the injection of common sense,

I really don't care whether the Anthony's are rallying for Missing Children or Saving the Whales.

I don't dispute the valid and good causes or the motives of the Anthony's in this case.
They are missing a grandaughter presumed deceased and they have a daughter who is charged with a death penalty crime.
No matter what their personal issues might be they are still entitled to cope with their reality as they perceive it.
They are not interfering with an investigation, nor witholding evidence nor coddling Casey in doing this.
I don't see it as helping or hurting the defense. It's just a thing....

I can't see a jury getting ready to convict but suddenly they think, oh gosh, her parents went to that thing for missing kids--we should acquit.

jmho

AMEN!!! Not once has she shed a tear or begged for the return of her GD on any of the shows she has been on...I would do more than she had done for my dog..

When confronted with the totality of the evidence here, as magnified by the injection of common sense,

I really don't care whether the Anthony's are rallying for Missing Children or Saving the Whales.

I don't dispute the valid and good causes or the motives of the Anthony's in this case.
They are missing a grandaughter presumed deceased and they have a daughter who is charged with a death penalty crime.
No matter what their personal issues might be they are still entitled to cope with their reality as they perceive it.
They are not interfering with an investigation, nor witholding evidence nor coddling Casey in doing this.
I don't see it as helping or hurting the defense. It's just a thing....

I can't see a jury getting ready to convict but suddenly they think, oh gosh, her parents went to that thing for missing kids--we should acquit.

jmho

My thoughts exactly just in fewer words. :clap:

I am sure this will not be popular here, but I find it appalling when they KNOW their daughter is in jail for murder. I wonder how much they will collect from this appearance.

Does it not bother anyone else that she can't go less than 5 miles to search for her granddaughter's last know place, but can "jet" all over the country to do "cameos"?

I don't believe Caylee is still alive, but it doesn't stop me from having empathy for the grandparents. I don't feel 'sorry' for them for anything except the fact that they have lost their granddaughter and they didn't ask for this. I believe CA and GA are "grieving" but I don't see how it would make the case of reasonable doubt for the defense. I can have empathy for the g-parents and still believe wholeheartedly that KC killed Caylee.
Grieving? They will have to do the grieving later..but for now that are engaged in saving Casey. They have put the grieving on hold for now.

I am sure this will not be popular here, but I find it appalling when they KNOW their daughter is in jail for murder. I wonder how much they will collect from this appearance.

Does it not bother anyone else that she can't go less than 5 miles to search for her granddaughter's last know place, but can "jet" all over the country to do "cameos"?

I don't find it appalling in the least bit that they attended when their daughter is in jail *charged* with murder - not convicted. They do not want to believe that their 'precious KC' (where's that vomit icon?) could ever harm Caylee. Can't say that I blame them, but they do need to remove their blinders. They are victims of KC too. Again, I don't agree with their actions (supporting KC) but it's their right to do so.

FWIW, yes, it does bother me that they can 'jet' all over to do 'cameos' while demanding others to be out searching for Caylee.

I think once reality sets in (if it ever does) and they accept what KC has done to Caylee, it will be a total meltdown for them. They may never accept it, Scott P's parents haven't accepted what he did to Laci. :bang:

Unfortunately, all of the missing children could be, and probably are, dead. Is it nervy of those families to be there with the governor too?

no because they dont KNOW who killed thier missing child . The anthonys do adn may very well be trying to cover it up.

Grieving? They will have to do the grieving later..but for now that are engaged in saving Casey. They have put the grieving on hold for now.

I respectfully disagree. While I look at it as them having their priorities screwed up as far as trying to save Casey, I do feel they are grieving in their own way. There is not a manual on how to grieve. We each grieve differently.

For example: my Daddy died 4 years ago and no one ever saw me shed a tear (I cried in the privacy of my room or in the shower). My extended family thought I was cold for not 'caring' that I lost my Daddy because they never saw me cry. I still grieve his loss but still in the privacy of my home. Doesn't mean I don't care!

I have a pretty good idea what they think of her.

ya I know what Id think of her if I were there. Although Cindy may be a camelion as is casey and change to suit those around her.

no because they dont KNOW who killed thier missing child . The anthonys do adn may very well be trying to cover it up.

So, the commemoration was only for families with missing children that DON'T know who killed/took their missing child? That's not the impression that I got. Just because KC has been charged with murder (not convicted) doesn't take away their rights to be at this commemoration, IMO. IF they are covering it up, then they need to be in the cell next to KC.

ETA: I can't believe I have come to the defense of CA (shudder).

I respectfully disagree. While I look at it as them having their priorities screwed up as far as trying to save Casey, I do feel they are grieving in their own way. There is not a manual on how to grieve. We each grieve differently.

For example: my Daddy died 4 years ago and no one ever saw me shed a tear (I cried in the privacy of my room or in the shower). My extended family thought I was cold for not 'caring' that I lost my Daddy because they never saw me cry. I still grieve his loss but still in the privacy of my home. Doesn't mean I don't care!
Yes, grieving in their own way...stuck in the anger phase, and that's where it ends for now because of the path they have chosen to save Casey. How does one "grieve" while trying to save the one that killed the child you are "grieving" for? They can't grieve until they let go of the lying. This is lying they are engaged in, NOT denial.

I'm going to preface my post by saying that I am NOT an Anthony supporter; however, I do have a great deal of empathy for the grandparents. First, ask yourself this: have you ever had a loved one go missing and you have no clue where he/she is? Well, I have. My BFF went "missing" 17.5 years ago. No clues, nothing. I know in my heart he is gone (and I have a feeling about who caused it), but I have never given up hope that he may walk through the doors again. Is it wrong for the family to have hope? Without a doubt, in my mind anyway, the GP's do love Caylee. Sometimes that is all a person/family has is a small glimmer of 'hope' and it's not our place to take that away from them.

As for the actions of GA & CA - I can't say that I agree with them, but then again you nor I know what they are feeling. We don't see their emotions behind closed doors. They do not want to accept what they have been dealt and quite honestly I can't blame them. I don't want to accept that precious Caylee is gone either, but the reality of it is she is gone. As far as the search, my BFF's mother and father didn't search for him either, they were too distraught and for the most part stayed holed up in their home.
Has what KC done helped LE in this search? ABSOLUTELY NOT! No one is to blame, IMO, except KC. And, FWIW, I don't think it is appropriate for them to "beat the crap out of KC until she tells them where Cayl is located." As much as I would love to do this myself, it's not going to happen. KC has 'lawyered up' and she isn't telling anyone anything (I'm positive that comes on the advice of JB - and he's just 'doing his job').
As for attending this Commemoration - it is their right as victims to attend this. Perhaps this is what they needed. We have to remember, they are KC's victims too. They love their daughter and don't want to believe/accept that she may have taken their precious little Caylee. Who would want to believe that?

One more thing: talking about TES - I heard on the Today Show interview last week where CA was asking for people to keep the search for Caylee going: she said whether it is searching on the grounds with groups like TES or searching for an alive Caylee (this is paraphrased). Maybe they are 'coming around' but it's still not wrong for them to have hope, JMHO.

Bold is mine...I am truly sorry you had to experience something so terrible. No one should. Reading through your post you described how a family would normally react to such a tragedy. The A's never stayed holed up in their home, they were in front of a camera every single chance they had and not begging the kidnappers to bring Caylee home but to defend KC and themselves. Never once did they plead for Caylee's life.

KC lawyered up 33 days after her child went missing. In those 33 days KC told no one. Never called 911, her parents, a friend or a boyfriend. She had time to tell someone prior to a lawyer shutting her up but she chose not to.

Actions speak louder than words in my world and CA & GA actions have only raised more questions in my mind and at this point I am not sure if they are victims or accesories-after-the fact. Too many inconsistant statements and lies from the A's to believe what they say. I will have to wait for the trial.

The A's have hired a high powered attorney to soften their image after all the damage they have already done. CA has stated publicly that she would never speak to TM of TES ever again..the world thinks this man is a saint, of course her lawyer would tell her to ease up on TES and be more kind and gentle.

I feel for you as you are having to relive these feelings all over again but the A's are not the normal, typical, family. You probably couldn't equate them with your friends family.:)

Yes, it does.
Never once has she been to Texas, PR, LA where else were the other "sightings"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back