NY - Leah Walsh, 29, Bethpage, 26 October 2008

School called to see where she was when she didn't report for work. Someone answered that call... I don't see if it's clear. Did they call Dad or Husband?

My hinkometer is crankin' tonight! :furious:

According to the video at this site, her parents were called because they were her contact people at the school. They called the parent's house and also the father's cell phone. I thought it seemed odd that the husband wouldn't be her contact person, but maybe she thought that there would always be someone home at her parent's house.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-limiss1029,0,3706854.story

Have you guys found her MySpace? I found her on Yahoo, Classmates and a few other sites, but have been unable to locate her MySpace. According to an article I read earlier today she is supposed to have one.

Would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Police Investigate Mysterious Disappearance of N.Y. Schoolteacher, Leah Walsh

I haven't found her myspace page yet. I'm not sure if anyone else has or not.
I'm not very good at finding those though.
I was searching like crazy for Taylor from Mass not too long ago...i kept asking for help finding it or if anyone had found it yet, but i don't think i got any answers to that from anyone lol.
Usually it's one of the first things people find, but i guess people kept missing my posts asking or maybe just couldn't find it
I'll keep looking though and let you know if i do k? :)

this case is giving me a S.Peterson flash~back... (in more ways than one and on so many levels that it just reads wrong to me)

imhoo of course

I agree the comment immediately stuck out as bizarre.
You can have my cars.............. Whatever...............
yea! Just as strange as that terrorist on 9/11 that said, "we have some planes".. I ~for sure~ think he slipped up and tripped over his tongue when he said that. (imhoo of course)

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-limiss1030,0,1032297.story?track=rss

Cops stop commuters in search for missing teacher

Police officers stopped commuters on the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway in Bethpage Wednesday morning, stepping up their search for a teacher who went missing during rush hour Monday morning.

..............snip....................

On Wednesday morning, commuters were being stopped in that area, starting at 6 a.m., and there was a long line of traffic. The lanes were reopened at 7:05 a.m., police said.

................snip.................

William Walsh Jr. said in a radio interview that the last time he heard from his wife was when he got a text message from her Monday morning -- the day of the disappearance.

He spent hours Tuesday at a police station speaking with detectives. Just before 9 p.m. Tuesday night, Walsh left a Nassau County police station in Levittown without speaking to reporters.

Did they change the article? It now says (my bold):
"Leah Walsh, 29, who teaches autistic and other special education children at the School for Language and Communication Development in Glen Cove, was reported missing by the school Monday morning, said Lt. Kevin Smith, a spokesman for the Nassau County Police Department."
and
"Hours later Walsh's father, school bus driver Howard Hirschel, aware that his daughter was missing, found her car, a 2005 black Ford Focus, disabled and abandoned along the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway in Bethpage.

Instead of calling police, however, he phoned the missing woman's husband, William Walsh, and summoned him to the scene. Hirschel then continued on to deliver the children in his bus to their school.

When Walsh arrived at the locked car, he called 911, Smith said, and police launched an exhaustive search for the woman, whose purse was in a ditch nearby."

weird...

Did they change the article? It now says (my bold):
"Leah Walsh, 29, who teaches autistic and other special education children at the School for Language and Communication Development in Glen Cove, was reported missing by the school Monday morning, said Lt. Kevin Smith, a spokesman for the Nassau County Police Department."
and
"Hours later Walsh's father, school bus driver Howard Hirschel, aware that his daughter was missing, found her car, a 2005 black Ford Focus, disabled and abandoned along the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway in Bethpage.

Instead of calling police, however, he phoned the missing woman's husband, William Walsh, and summoned him to the scene. Hirschel then continued on to deliver the children in his bus to their school.

When Walsh arrived at the locked car, he called 911, Smith said, and police launched an exhaustive search for the woman, whose purse was in a ditch nearby."

weird...

they must have

Leah Walsh, who usually leaves her home for work between 6:15 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., sent a text message to her husband at about 6:25 a.m., telling him to "have a great day," William Walsh told a reporter for 1010 WINS radio.

"That's the last I heard from her," he added through sobs.

Police also noted that a state Department of Transportation HELP vehicle, which assists motorists with car trouble, left a sticker on the side of Leah Walsh's abandoned car at about 6:30 a.m. The stickers are used to notify police that a vehicle was undergoing some kind of mechanical difficulty.

link

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444447,00.html

they must have

Leah Walsh, who usually leaves her home for work between 6:15 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., sent a text message to her husband at about 6:25 a.m., telling him to "have a great day," William Walsh told a reporter for 1010 WINS radio.

"That's the last I heard from her," he added through sobs.

Police also noted that a state Department of Transportation HELP vehicle, which assists motorists with car trouble, left a sticker on the side of Leah Walsh's abandoned car at about 6:30 a.m. The stickers are used to notify police that a vehicle was undergoing some kind of mechanical difficulty.

link

yeah, and that's totally different from the original "she called and told him she had a flat but was gone before he got there".
bad reporting or is he changing his story?

Sounds like the husband killed her and she was really in love with Bean
I wonder if that's what the "very important" thing she had to tell Bean was... maybe the hubby was tired of her constantly talking to another man?

And who texts someone when they're in the middle of a fight?? Or was she just trying to get attention from Bean?

Did she run off to be with Bean?

*fingers crossed* this one won't end so badly...

I wonder if that's what the "very important" thing she had to tell Bean was... maybe the hubby was tired of her constantly talking to another man?

And who texts someone when they're in the middle of a fight?? Or was she just trying to get attention from Bean?

Did she run off to be with Bean?

*fingers crossed* this one won't end so badly...

I thought that was funny also. Do you and txt another man while you are in the middle of a fight with your husband. Maybe they better take a good look at Bean as well.

It sounds like she wanted to tell Bean she was in love with him; and has been for years and not her husband. (your husband/wife is also your best friend or should be). The husband probably didn't like this at all so offed her.
His qoute about "You can have my cars," he told Newsday. "You can have everything. I just want my wife back." sounds like he got it out of a book or movie or something. It's over melodramatic.
My guess is to why her father didn't call police and instead called William the husband to do it; is because he had a busload of children being his top priority to get them to school and he didn't have time to and didn't want to have to answer police questions with all the children on the bus. Who knows what kind of emotional state he would have been in.

I thought that was funny also. Do you and txt another man while you are in the middle of a fight with your husband. Maybe they better take a good look at Bean as well.

I think it's been reported that Bean is in California.

ETA "She was telling me that things are not going to work out with her and her husband and she had to tell me something very important, but she needed to wait til she got out of the car with him," Bean, 32, of Los Angeles, told the paper.

In the article posted by Kristins1223, it states the body will be hard to identify. To me, that says either animals got to it, the body is that badly traumatized or it's been there longer than 2 days.

But it would fit into the general locale of the expressway.

From our local 24-hour news radio in NYC at 1010wins.com

Body Found in Woods Off LIE; No Confirmation That It Is Missing Woman

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. (AP/1010 WINS) -- Nassau County police said they have found a body in a wooded area in North Hills near the Long Island Expressway, Mona Rivera reports. There is speculation that it could be that of missing teacher Leah Walsh, but police have not confirmed the gender of the body, nor that it is Walsh...

The remainder of the article can be found here:
http://www.1010wins.com/Bod-Found-in-Wooded-Area/3214776

In the article posted by Kristins1223, it states the body will be hard to identify. To me, that says either animals got to it, the body is that badly traumatized or it's been there longer than 2 days.

But it would fit into the general locale of the expressway.

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. (AP/1010 WINS) -- Nassau County police said they have found a body in a wooded area in North Hills near the Long Island Expressway, Mona Rivera reports. There is speculation that it could be that of missing teacher Leah Walsh, but police have not confirmed the gender of the body, nor that it is Walsh.

This is all I found about the body. Where did you read that it would be hard to ID? Is there another link from that article that I missed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsmeblahblah
Back