Identified! OH - Morrow Co., Body found in Whetstone River - Chane Combs

Man found dead in Morrow county drowned

Monday, December 1, 2008 5:23 PM
By Dana Wilson

The Columbus Dispatch
CARDINGTON, Ohio -- A man found dead in the Whetstone River in Morrow County on Saturday appears to have drowned accidentally, Sheriff Steven R. Brenneman said today.
An autopsy performed on the body of Chane A. Combs, 38, showed no signs of foul play, Brenneman said. He said his detectives plan to interview several people as they await toxicology test results.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/12/01/combs.html?sid=101

My First post here ever. I live about 10 miles north of where this happened and we haven't heard anymore about it. I rememer seeing it on the local news, but that station is in Columbus, and that's an hour away. Pretty rural county here, and not much ever happens.
All I ever heard was that they thought it was accidental drowning, I don't even remember hearing where the man was from.

Why? Do you know something about this fellow?

It appears that this guy's family members may not be convinced it was an 'accident,' IMO. It will take LE a while to get the results of the toxicology tests back, so I guess until then all anyone can do is wait.

JMHO
fran

http://marionstar.com/article/20081203/NEWS01/812030310/1002/rss01

Drowning is cause in Cardington death

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

............snip.............

post by family member:

RitaWebb wrote:

Hello, Iam a family memeber of Chane Combs and We would like to say if any one at all seen chane between Nov 23rd to the 29th please call the Morrow co Sheriff office or you can contact us. If you can give us any infromation please come forward!!!!

I guess it will take awhile yet before the toxicology reports are in. Will someone post them when they are available? Tia

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back