*REVISIT* Anthonys' private investigator searching for surveillance devices *REVISIT*

bolded by me

LE did not do what they "wanted" to do. They secured a search warrant, deemed appropriate from the evidence found at a crime scene. If they believe surveillance will help, that's up to a judge. LE is concerned with a crime and its victim, that's all.

I didn't say they weren't...and I didn't say LE behaved in any way other than the way they should have. In fact - kuddos to LE....I believe they did a quick and efficient job. (And I would put cameras and bugs in too if I could). I am sure they treated the home with the utmost of respect.

Why are you picking my words apart and giving them meaning I didn't intend to give them? To someone who has been kept out of their home while someone came in and covered every each of it, and took items out of it, it would feel that way in my opinion. LE got to come in and get what they wanted out of the house (they asked for what they wanted in the search warrant).

Why ? The thread is about the PI searching the house for bugs , Not The Anthony's house is bugged .

It's not speculation , it's on video .

But it's only one reporter's speculation that the PI was searching for bugs.

But it's only one reporter's speculation that the PI was searching for bugs.

I did see the video clip on CNN and you could see someone in the front entryway with a device with blinking red lights on it. The person was holding it up and waving it around the room - kind of aiming it around really. The reporter showed a website with a device they believe was similar to what was being held by this person. It looked pretty accurate to me....but of course it could also have been something else.

I have to admit that I never thought about bugs or cameras being placed in there during the search....but probably lawyers or PI's would think of that right off the bat. I bet they are the ones that suggested sweeping the house to the A's.

I wouldn't want strangers listening in on my private conversations either. There's been a lot of speculation here on the board that LP might have planted bugs in the house. I don't blame the A's for checking, I would too.

Me too - my sentiments exactly, Chilly Willy.

I do not know if the Anthonys had any "actual" involvement in a premeditated & purposeful obstruction of justice. Maybe so - maybe not. I also do not know the extent of Cindy & George's knowlege and/or participation in any sort of cover-up -- or if they (mostly Cindy) simple-mindedly and blindly foolishly believed every fabrication their daughter told them. I rather imagine they know the extent of Casey's chronic & pathological lying as they have been living with it - enabling it - and paying for it for years.

Still - as much distain as I feel for the bizarre personalities & distasteful behaviors of the Anthonys - I'm keeping in mind that they have not been accused by LE of obstruction or any criminal charges - at this time. And they are grieving for their girls! Me being me - or even if I were in their shoes - I would be livid if I discovered *listening bugs* planted in my home after a CSI sweep - yes, even if I had absolutely nothing to hide. My privacy is precious to me.

Under any circumstances - but, especially under these tragic circumstances - how would you feel if the privacy of your inner sanctum was violated?

Rummy :cat:

PS - On the wftv website (posted above) one of the public blog commenters confidently stated that the Anthonys had made a 2 million dollar deal to sell their story to "Lifetime" TV channel. Anyone know anything more about this??

Tonight's Local 6 News - Brad Conway stated that his clients, the Anthonys, aren't making any money from any deals that are in the works. Said - "They aren't interested in profiting from this tragedy."

I caught only a moment on TV when The Anthony's new attorney mentioned "he felt the house was bugged."

Maybe that is why it took so long to secure the SW

Could be. It sounds like they got one pretty quick though...which I don't think is that easy to do. I am sure it took a while to determine exactly what they did want. They cleared out pretty quick too which makes me think they must have gotten what they needed/wanted. Let's hope it's helpful!

Uh is Florida part of the U.S? I wouldn't want my private conversations taped either and I have nothing to hide. I have another questions though, why is the FBI involved, there is nothing interstate involved here. The child was found a few minutes from the house? I do understand using the FBI lab that is done all the time, but why are they part of the search for evidence? I reserve the right to ask stupid questions.

I agree.. it's bad enough they have a web cam outside their house recording their coming and going.. how sad actually.

Yes PaperDoll I agree it is sad. Also not necessary.I don't blame the Anthonys' if they move far away after this is all said and done.

Let's try this again and see if we can make some constructive discussion. thanks.

Could be. It sounds like they got one pretty quick though...which I don't think is that easy to do. I am sure it took a while to determine exactly what they did want. They cleared out pretty quick too which makes me think they must have gotten what they needed/wanted. Let's hope it's helpful!

What time did LE finally get in the house ? Wasn't it after midnight ? Seemed like it took a long time after they blocked off the driveway and the time the went in the house . If they knew what they were going in for like for example matching bed sheets / towels / blankets or what ever , I think the Judge would have signed that lickity split . But they might have had to work harder convincing a Judge to let them bug the house .

Not saying that is what happened , just that it could be possible.

Given the source of this "report", I'd be more afraid that the media was surveiling me than LE. They'd have more to gain, and less to lose.

I find this to be very odd behavior for grieving grandparents , checking for hidden devices wouldn't even enter into my mind at a time like this . IMO there is more going on behind closed doors then just wanting privacy to grieve .

You pretty much summed this one up for me.

Uh is Florida part of the U.S? I wouldn't want my private conversations taped either and I have nothing to hide. I have another questions though, why is the FBI involved, there is nothing interstate involved here. The child was found a few minutes from the house? I do understand using the FBI lab that is done all the time, but why are they part of the search for evidence? I reserve the right to ask stupid questions.

FBI can be invited in at any time by LE....

Yep I agree...hinky meter going here...why would someone who has nothing to hide and is grieving or getting ready to enter that process be checking for bugs. Oh damn...I forgot, there is this major conspiracy against Casey and her family.......:rolleyes:

As I said before...I doubt it entered the A's mind. I am sure it was at the suggestion of the attorneys or the PI's. To them it would probably seem a likely prospect - the talk on these threads seems to indicate they might not be far off in thinking that. Most here think it is a possibility. Why is it hard to believe the A's think the same thing?

Interesting.. remember this wasnt the 1st search warrant either. They have such high tech bugging now that it wouldnt have to be in the house- I dont think LE would risk it being inside. There was, however, camera surviellence (sp) set up outside the home long ago, listening devices wouldnt surprise me, as discussions could give the FBI leads.

I would be suspicious of the same thing, if my house had been searched - especially in an ongoing murder investigation. Things said in "privacy" are almost always more revealing than what is said to others.

Only the guilty, IMO, worry about their home being bugged.

Whether it is illegal or not depends on the reason LE has to bug it. I think the Patriot act opened a lot of door for average citizens to lose liberties.

Never thought I would be saying something like this, but this maybe one of the best outcomes of the patriot act.
Also, these are not average citizens. They are acting shady about bugs being placed in the home after their daughter "misplaced" their granddaughter and despite all of the evidence against her, they are trying to maintain that she is innocent.
I agree that the innocent should not have to worry about their home being bugged, IF they are all truely innocent. And I doubt that LE would release a tape to the public of the family grieving. LE is probably trying to find out the involvement of the family in the case.

Just my opinion....

Never thought I would be saying something like this, but this maybe one of the best outcomes of the patriot act.
Also, these are not average citizens. They are acting shady about bugs being placed in the home after their daughter "misplaced" their granddaughter and despite all of the evidence against her, they are trying to maintain that she is innocent.
I agree that the innocent should not have to worry about their home being bugged, IF they are all truely innocent. And I doubt that LE would release a tape to the public of the family grieving. LE is probably trying to find out the involvement of the family in the case.

Just my opinion....

I tend to think, if there was any device planted in their home (and with today's technology it really isn't needed) it was put there after KC first went to jail, and removed during this last search warrant. The PI needed to look like he was doing his job.

Well, One thing we know..THEY DIDN"T FIND ANY, because if they Did Cindy would be screaming it from the roof...:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back