Baez wants detectives investigated

http://www.wftv.com/news/18251770/detail.html

(snip)
BAEZ WANTS DETECTIVES INVESTIGATED

Jose Baez wants to investigate detectives from the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Wednesday, Baez sent someone to the sheriff's office to get the personnel files of detectives John Allen and Yuri Melich.

However, he didn't pick up the list of 1,800 Caylee sightings that he requested over a month ago. Despite all the evidence, the Anthonys insist Caylee is alive.

Just wondering if this is the reason that LE is taking their time at the crime scene. Baez and crew are angry and frustrated that they cannot have access, but actually he is the one that will criticize LE if anything is missed.

Hope this backfires on the defense. One motion after another.

......These detectives treated this case with dignity.

We've seen all the reports and paperwork this investigation has generated and I believe the Anthony family got a team of LE and FBI who truly cared about Caylee. LE's statement to Larry King on Wednesday was heartfelt and not mean-spirited (unlike the accusations that same night from George and Cindy). The fact that they phoned the grandparents to avoid their hearing the devastating news through the media was more than kind.

Baez--you have some serious legal battles ahead. LE has treated your client better than she treated her family members. Investigate that....:waitasec:

And, of course LE (unlike KC's team of lawyers) isn't going to opt for the highly tempting eventual financial profit from the death of a tiny child. A tiny child who probably only wanted a toy, a snack, and a warm comfortable bed and and a blanket. What she got? It's just heartbreaking.

Baez and the dreamteam must have ice in their veins....Great exposure, great advertising, maybe a book deal...But hey, every time Baez complains, he's on the news.

I almost feel sorry for him - defending the indefensible and blunder after blunder here - every move he makes just shows his inexperience
No matter how bad he is - incompetent counsel will not grant KC an
appeal .
What a blow - LE nor the judge dont seem to be really concerned with
what JB wants .
What is most surprising Is he to appears to be short sighted ,lives in the moment . If he intends to continue practicing law there will be other cases.
LE is not likely to forget the inflammatory rude inaccurate remarks.

Remember Tuba says KC will bite him in the calf this week and she will lose the last real supporter she has. His attitude towards her will change drastically . JB will learn a valuable lesson - professional distance is a good thing. No client should be taking over your life or your office.
Can you imagine the chaos she created there ?

Yes JB's other major felony case got LWOP .

MOO

WOW.....is he for real?

IMO,he needs to stop bashing LE and start planning a defense for his client.

this will be Baez's last case. No-one will want him to represent them. He will be without a career when all of this is said and done. Just like "baby killers" are hated in jail, those that defend them are hated in the outside world. There is so much wrong with the way he has gone about this from the beginning...I don't even know where to start. he should have advised his client "from day 1" to take a deal.

JMO:mad:

Hahahahaha~ Can't win this case because your client is guilty so might as well go after the good guys to try and discredit them instead. Doesn't surprise me. Good luck, JB! They are two of the best detectives OCSO has and they aren't afraid of you. Would you like the personnel files on the FBI agents, too?!

Perhaps it is time for a deeper background check on JB?!

AMEN! Baez has no defense... so he is definately grabbing at straws.

JB has time and time exhibited that he either does not know who to go to to get information or what steps to take to get it. Several times in the past his motions were denied because the judge can't tell the FBI what to do.

And then Baez at every hearing, asks the judge to compel the SA to turn over evidence that he's entitled to anyway at the appropriate time, only to have the judge tell him to file discovery directly to the SA or Fed offices.

Now does an attorney really need to have any of this explained to him? He keeps asking the judge for things that the judge can't do anything about.

JB has time and time exhibited that he either does not know who to go to to get information or what steps to take to get it. Several times in the past his motions were denied because the judge can't tell the FBI what to do.

And then Baez at every hearing, asks the judge to compel the SA to turn over evidence that he's entitled to anyway at the appropriate time, only to have the judge tell him to file discovery directly to the SA or Fed offices.

Now does an attorney really need to have any of this explained to him? He keeps asking the judge for things that the judge can't do anything about.

It this was not so painful for so many people it would be comedy...
I've been calling JB "VINNY"...from the movie "My cousin Vinny". I'm just waiting for him to call in the two "youts" that killed Caylee.

Well well well. I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'd like to see JB and his entire dream team investigated. Oh, and everyone that works in JB's office, his partners, secretary, personal investigators, his wife, kids, mother, father, brothers and sisters (if exist), etc., etc., etc.

Wonder then how quick he would retract this ridiculous request.

So he's basically showing that he has no case, but is instead trying to find a "gotcha" like the Mark Fuhrman "n" word issue in the OJ trial? Is that really how we as a society want to determine whether or not to let murderers go free?

It this was not so painful for so many people it would be comedy...
I've been calling JB "VINNY"...from the movie "My cousin Vinny". I'm just waiting for him to call in the two "youts" that killed Caylee.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Love that movie!

So he's basically showing that he has no case, but is instead trying to find a "gotcha" like the Mark Fuhrman "n" word issue in the OJ trial? Is that really how we as a society want to determine whether or not to let murderers go free?

of course not! I'm not sure how these people will be able to live with themselves when this is all said and done. They will be outcasts in society much hated like MG and all of OJ's defense team. I'm thinking even worse because they are defending a baby killer...it does not get much lower than that. talk about "selling your soul to the devil." this is a perfect example. I hope they enjoy whatever bit of fame and fortune they have left because, I'm not psychic, but they are in for bad, bad Karma.

JB would be much safer waving a white flag up against these guys. OCSD reputation speaks for itself and the one JB has earned does the same.:HBwhiteflag:

He has made his job much more difficult by being antagonistic to LE. Remember back when he said he "faxed" his request to them and it turned out it never happened, but he got on TV and acted like LE did something wrong?

That set the tone, and he is not going to like the end result. Attorneys work with LE everyday, but they cannot have it both ways - either LE is your friend or they can be set up as your enemy (as Baez has) and destroy all credibility for yourself.

Good luck with that. Personnel files are NOT public record.

Exactly! What justification could he possibly use to request a subpoena? I believe he will be shot down yet again.

He has made his job much more difficult by being antagonistic to LE. Remember back when he said he "faxed" his request to them and it turned out it never happened, but he got on TV and acted like LE did something wrong?

That set the tone, and he is not going to like the end result. Attorneys work with LE everyday, but they cannot have it both ways - either LE is your friend or they can be set up as your enemy (as Baez has) and destroy all credibility for yourself.

JB is a complete idiot! (JMO)

Of course he wants the government employees processing a criminal case investigated. :furious:

When you don't have the facts on your side and you don't have the law on your side, you pound tables.

:eek:uch::sumo::spinner::curses::shakehead:

If your client is very sympathetic, you blame society, the parents etc.. If your client is not very sympathetic, you have to shift the focus and try to make it look and feel like law enforcement and the prosecutors are on trial for their mistakes and offenses.

:cop::cop::cowboy::detective::detective::argue:

The laws are only slowly getting a grip on this problem.

Part of the issue is the defendant's right to counsel and the right to due process.

So far, defense is winning this battle and it is devestating to recruiting, training and retraining excellent law enforcement and prosecution personnel. Why should they spend their lives in public service being attacked when they can make more money with less stress and virtually no exposure to being devestated by litigation, either to professional reputation or personal financial devestation, by working for IBM?

This is a huge social issue and it is very well past time for the American people to wake up and take control here. Voice those opinions, people. :dj::dj::dj:

Allow internal investigations to handle any problem performers and put the restraints on defense.

Okay. I'm stepping down from the soap box.

Of course he wants the government employees processing a criminal case investigated. :furious:

When you don't have the facts on your side and you don't have the law on your side, you pound tables.

If your client is very sympathetic, you blame society, the parents etc.. If your client is not very sympathetic, you have to shift the focus and try to make it look and feel like law enforcement and the prosecutors are on trial for their mistakes and offenses.

Part of the issue is the defendant's right to counsel and the right to due process.

So far, defense is winning this battle and it is devestating to recruiting, training and retraining excellent law enforcement and prosecution personnel. Why should they spend their lives in public service being attacked when they can make more money with less stress and virtually no exposure to being devestated by litigation, either to professional reputation or personal financial devestation, by working for IBM?

This is a huge social issue and it is very well past time for the American people to wake up and take control here. Voice those opinions, people. :dj::dj::dj:

Allow internal investigations to handle any problem performers and put the restraints on defense.

:clap::clap::clap:

Absolutely!
Love this post Themis! You've said it all! :clap:

I would love to see Baez investigated himself! He wants the investigators investigated??? GMAB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back