Lee Has An Attorney! REVISIT OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't the topic of this thread Lee hired an attorney?
what the heck is happpening in here?

IMO, it began because people were discussing his character as a whole, and why that might place into other things he could be resonsible for that warrants an attorney. :)

They may be a dysfunctional family, but they are not typical. And labeling them does not give them a free ticket to behave badly and break the law. The same goes for people that are in grief and denial. Personally, I think they held it together for so long and better than most because they were dysfunctional. I think a normal mentally healthy family would have lost it a looooong time ago.

IMO, it began because people were discussing his character as a whole, and why that might place into other things he could be resonsible for that warrants an attorney. :)
well I read the last few posts and I was pretty confused

Agreed. It is about lawyering up and lawyers. Anybody know anything...sleuthers? From what I have read this Lutz (sp) is an attorney in the same office as BC, the atty for GA and CA. Interesting office work they might have should charges go to one or another. Different offices or allied?

Who knows more? We need info! TYA, : )

And, sociopaths lie about everything.
you state that KioMarie said she met the "father" and yet, who told her he was the father? the same person you say we can't believe anything she says about LA and GA and SA.

I know it drives you crazy, but you don't know any more than we do, so even you are speculating. JMO

I just want to say, for the record, this isn't about who has a degree or who doesn't. I never meant to insinuate that and I would like to set the record straight once and for all. In the almost three years I have been a member here I have seen that everyone's opinion is valued here!!

It's about on the job training, it doesn't matter what you do in life but after you do it long enough you begin to see patterns. I am a grandmother and retired now. I didn't want to retire from my profession but a patient coming down from meth went off on me and left me severely disabled. I learned most of what I learned through my own life experiences with severe abuse that led me down a path towards my profession. I wanted to help other women that had been victimized.

For anyone to state that all victims have a victim mentality and are simply looking for attention is just not correct.

I stand by my assessment of KC and of LA only because I see a lot of behavior that I have seen in other abuse victims.

I may be wrong, and it certainly won't be the first time.

I am not going to discuss this further. I believe in time it will all come out and the truth will be known.

The bottom line is abuse is not an excuse for murdering your child. There are many who have suffered abuse that didn't!

:)

oops, sorry, JBean but I gotta respond one last time because I have been quoted and then misquoted..

First, CC, I want you to know that I was not implying that I felt you were using your degree as a sort of "one up" on anyone. I only mentioned the degree (or lack there-of) to be clear that I do not have one.. that I am not a professional. I know that you are a respectful poster and that you value others posts. I'm sorry my post didn't come out right and that you took offense because I honestly meant none. :blowkiss:

Now, moving on- LOL-

I have never, not one time, nor would I ever say that "all victims have a victim mentality and are simply looking for attention". As I have discussed in the past, I am a rape survivor and I have to say, I am sickened at the thought of anyone even thinking such a thing about "victims" of abuse. I have no idea how you could get that out of what I posted. I just wanted to make that clear.

Ok, please don't kick my butt, Jbean, I'm moving on- I promise! :blowkiss:

One Lost Girl medicated or not you always seem to be the voice of reason to my ears. I so count on your post to direct us in the right direction of appropriate reasoning. Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

LOL trust me when I'm not medicated I don't make much sense! Just ask my husband LOL!

While on LKL - CA said that Caylee's father was from SC and was deceased.

Cindy said she was not pregnant when she was almost 8 months along.
Cindy said in court he was from Kentucky and was deceased.
Cindy said it was Jesus O.
Cindy said it was Jesse (until he proved her wrong)
Cindy said it was Eric
Cindy said that no one would ever know who the father was.

KC has told it was 3 or 4 different men.

WHY would Cindy lie? You have your answer.

They may be a dysfunctional family, but they are not typical. And labeling them does not give them a free ticket to behave badly and break the law. The same goes for people that are in grief and denial. Personally, I think they held it together for so long and better than most because they were dysfunctional. I think a normal mentally healthy family would have lost it a looooong time ago.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinions-but IMHO, this represents the damned if you do damned if you don't mentality surrounding this case...these people had their lives upended from within their family unit and have had to play it out in front of the world. The protesters outside of their house served no purpose other than to tickle them into rage.

NOW, The Anthony's have also attempted to use the media to their own advantage and it has gone tragically wrong because they did not apply common sense, so in many many ways they have created a whole lot of the heat that is being applied to them. However, IMO, in the end they have paid the price for any possibly "wrongdoing." The story surrounding the murder of their innocent granddaughter get's uglier and uglier. They have to live with it long after the rest of us have moved on.

Peace to all of you...:blowkiss:

I just spent some time reading the thread and two words spring to mind:
Witch Hunt.

None of the A's are especially sympathetic characters, but to read people actually entertaining the idea that Lee is that father of Caylee based on an interview from Jesse that stated Casey told this story of being victimized IIRC-the flames of which have been fanned by Leonard ...has me shakin my head.

Even the poor meter reader who did us all the favor of finding her body has an attorney. Look at how the life of ZFG is in shambles....

People are building this family up to be some kind of Caligula inspired fantasy-this is middle class Orlando people. Where a spoiled, overly indulged young mother murdered her child because she couldnt have the life she thought she wanted....and because this whole family operated on the principal of "what happens on Hopespring stays on Hopespring" there is a very real possibility that she will take them all down with her...in the end perhaps that is her goal.

:confused:

Well said. :clap:

Agreed. It is about lawyering up and lawyers. Anybody know anything...sleuthers? From what I have read this Lutz (sp) is an attorney in the same office as BC, the atty for GA and CA. Interesting office work they might have should charges go to one or another. Different offices or allied?

Well that brings it around and back to the same issues surrounding George and Cindy having the same lawyer.

If they are partners, associates or some such business arrangement , that would raise the issues of conflict for Lee's Atty as well.

jmho

In most states attorneys from the same firm can represent opposing clients as long as they do not have to work in an area that shares common files, and do not share an assistant. They can share a firm but not an office, just as a prosecutor and a public defender can work in the same building but wouldn't work in the same office.

In most states attorneys from the same firm can represent opposing clients as long as they do not have to work in an area that shares common files, and do not share an assistant. They can share a firm but not an office, just as a prosecutor and a public defender can work in the same building but wouldn't work in the same office.

Two patners can generally access everything in a law office.

It is the access to opposing clients info which among other things, causes problems with conflicts.

It is not generally a good idea, for example, for 2 members of the same firm to represent the purchaser and the buyer, the landlord and the tenant, and so forth.

They are highly cautioned to avoid this potential for conflict.

jmho:blowkiss:

Absolutely! And perhaps create more drama, bring more dirt about her into the open. I think they may have done a bit of that to one another, each jealous of what they percieve the other to be in their mothers eyes.

I see Lee as the classic "Good child" in a personality disordered home... He is the first one called to come to the rescue, my guess is that Cindy sees him as the only one who is loyal to her. IMO, George vomiting when Lee was showing up at the police station (when they were supposed to listen to the 911 calls with LE together) when George wasn't supposed to be there yet. George even asked LE to lie and pretend he had just gotten there. I think George was afraid Lee would find out and tell Cindy that George went behind her back and gave info to LE.
I read that too in the LE report! Really strange!! What a dysfunctional family!! I see LA as the "good child" also...What I still can't understand though is why LA was reluctant to submit DNA samples and had to be subpoenaed for it and then obtained an attorney. Unless something is going on.....I'm sure it will all come out in the trial.

Well that brings it around and back to the same issues surrounding George and Cindy having the same lawyer.

If they are partners, associates or some such business arrangement , that would raise the issues of conflict for Lee's Atty as well.

jmho

I don't think that CA and GA will have the same lawyer for very long. They may well have to provide conflicting information and it will not make sense for them to be represented by the same lawyer.

(snipped)
You are absolutely entitled to your opinions-but IMHO, this represents the damned if you do damned if you don't mentality surrounding this case...these people had their lives upended from within their family unit and have had to play it out in front of the world. The protesters outside of their house served no purpose other than to tickle them into rage.

Peace to all of you...:blowkiss:

While I think the timing of Lee hiring an attorney is interesting, I feel anyone associated with this case would be a fool for not hiring one. Who the defense is going to throw under the bus is still up for grabs.

The way the public feels towards the A's is the A's doing and no one else. The public feels compassion and sympathy for grieving family members. How could one not? They don't in this case because the family members have acted like anything but a grieving family. The only people I see that act the way the A's do, are murderers or people covering up for one. Fact is, at least Cindy is being investigated for OJ. That in itself removes her from being compared to the typical grieving grandma. IMO, alot of people are confusing the A's with true crime victims and can't see beyond that. A victim stops being one the moment they commit a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti