Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice? PART TWO

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is an interesting idea!

I don't know, I just don't think Lee had anything to do with this. He seemed to be the only one who let Casey know early on that he wasn't putting up with the crap his mother has had to. Then, he tells investigators about the whole "Spiteful b**tch" comment she made, and the arguing about past things during the time she was telling them about Caylee missing. If he was any how involved, why would he do that, especially knowing that Casey would throw him under the bus for it? He didn't hold anything back when saying his parents provided for Caylee, and how nothing on those receipts were anything for her. I think if any of them want the truth its LEE, question is how far would he go to get it? Would he set his sister up? I think he would, but who knows, this case gets weirder all the time.

I sure hope he faces some charges.

I have always thought he was involved.

Always all up in it... wanting info, doing "investigating".. then he disappears for a while....

mmm hmmm.

I knew it.

CHARGE IT PLEASE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I have a question. How far from the site where the body found does LA live? I've always seen that he lives around the corner from the A's. Is it close?

I have a question. How far from the site where the body found does LA live? I've always seen that he lives around the corner from the A's. Is it close?

If you cross Suburban and go through a little bit of the woods that are there, then through someone's backyard, and then reach the street on the other side, go down a couple houses and there you are. Takes longer to drive there than it does to walk.

If you draw a straight line from the A home to LA's house, Caylee was found perpendicular to almost the exact middle point of the line, to the right.

..continuation from Part 1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77084&page=27

If Lee’s potential OJ/aiding and abetting charges elude to the timeline that he and Jesse constructed, my theory doesn’t fit to implicate either GA or CA. It only implicates Jesse...no one else. He spoke to the friends before anyone else including before the police, and before GA/CA knew who Casey’s friends were.

The reason I believe Lee’s lawyer has issued this press release is that very soon we’re going to see other charges laid out on the table. Then everything that Lee’s lawyer has said will make perfect sense.

What other reason for Lee’s lawyer to “throw him under the bus” would there be but to play the cat and mouse game. I’m willing to bet the entire defense team is listening. We know Casey is not likely to talk, but if even ONE other person on this earth knows what happened to Caylee, Casey goes down the tubes and there goes their opportunity to perform.

Can’t you see everyone hanging on in anticipation....WHAT DID LEE DO TO COVER FOR CASEY?.....then the bombshell is dropped and we find he did nothing wrong at all. Only that Lee was innocently involved in trying to find answers as to where Caylee was, not knowing the person he was creating this timeline with needed information from Casey's friends to cover his own butt.

I had posted this at the end of the last thread. This is a portion of that same press release. I noticed that Luka’s manner is almost jovial. IMO something is coming down in the New Year.
Rough transcript of CNN video (see link)

Reporter: I’m trying to make some sense and figure out what you are saying. His sister asked him to do something that he thought was an innocent request and maybe it wasn’t so innocent? That he threw something out and.......? Am I getting warmer?

Luka: Well actually you’re not. You’re very cold.

Reporter: Really???

Luka: ....He had talked to Casey several times in jail at law enforcements request. He has fully cooperated with police......

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=49276953

Yes i think that he had done something and LE is getting ready to break the news.

longtime lurker take it easy on me.
Welcome to WS, Dispatcher! Since you are a longtime lurker...you know we can't take it easy. LOL :rolleyes: Glad you finally joined us tho!!

By the way~ I think you are right.

Maybe the OJ charge is the lessor of the two evils that this attorney is dealing with regarding his client.

Oh, it is ... accessory after the fact, of 1st degree murder, is a serious felony (aiding & abetting as Luka called it).

777.03 Accessory after the fact.--

(1)(a) Any person not standing in the relation of husband or wife, parent or grandparent, child or grandchild, brother or sister, by consanguinity or affinity to the offender, who maintains or assists the principal or an accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed a crime and such crime was a third degree felony, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

(b) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed the offense of child abuse, neglect of a child, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child under 18 years of age, or murder of a child under 18 years of age, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact unless the court finds that the person is a victim of domestic violence.

c) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or an accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed a crime and such crime was a capital, life, first degree, or second degree felony, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

(2)(a) If the felony offense committed is a capital felony, the offense of accessory after the fact is a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(b) If the felony offense committed is a life felony or a felony of the first degree, the offense of accessory after the fact is a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

FLORIDA STATUTES

A = Casey's house
B = Lee's house
C = Caylee's remains found

2rzqg5w.jpg

I don't know, I just don't think Lee had anything to do with this. He seemed to be the only one who let Casey know early on that he wasn't putting up with the crap his mother has had to. Then, he tells investigators about the whole "Spiteful b**tch" comment she made, and the arguing about past things during the time she was telling them about Caylee missing. If he was any how involved, why would he do that, especially knowing that Casey would throw him under the bus for it? He didn't hold anything back when saying his parents provided for Caylee, and how nothing on those receipts were anything for her. I think if any of them want the truth its LEE, question is how far would he go to get it? Would he set his sister up? I think he would, but who knows, this case gets weirder all the time.

I think Lee is up to his neck in this mess.
Everything about him has been off as far as I'm concerned.
But, that's just my opinion.

Perhaps you would kindly clarify your comment because I'm confused.

We know that Lee Anthony’s lawyer has issued a press release suggesting his client could potentially face Obstructing Justice or Aiding and Abetting charges.

This is going to be a rather short and one-sided discussion if members are not allowed to speculate about what activity Lee might have unknowingly been involved in that would prompt his lawyer to make this announcement, especially if Lee was aiding and abetting someone else.

So I’m not clear by what you mean about “NO ONE else” can be discussed.
The last thread went off in all directions, this thread is only for discussing Lee's potential charges, not the potential charges of someone else.

Speculate about LEE, just don't veer too far off course that takes away from the the subject of the thread.

Thanks!

Lee Anthony's attorney was saying that Casey's brother could face obstruction of justice charges. "There are a bevy of charges that are technically on the table but that have yet to be brought forth," Thomas Luca told reporter Louis Bolden. "We hope obviously that the state attorney's office will not prosecute Mr. Anthony for anything, but we're preparing for it just in case."
The perception that Casey confided in Lee could present problems for the brother, Luca said.

I can't hardly believe that the anthony family not only knew that Caylee was dead but that they willfully and knowlingly went on TV and continued this charade that Caylee was alive and had been kidnapped.

So either Lee figured this out on his own or casey told him, just exactly when did she tell him...not when she was in jail..so when did Lee know what he knows and when did he tell cindy and george?

They certainly had a moral obligation to Caylee to not leave her lying in a garbage bag down the street, this is just ridiculous. How can these people live with themselves.:eek:

I am so disgusted with this family I really hope that the SA's does not give them immunity, they don't deserve it.

The following is the Florida stature regarding obstruction of justice:
http://www.rpfoley.com/lawyer-attorney-1170536.html

OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE

843.01 Resisting officer with violence to his or her person.

843.02 Resisting officer without violence to his or her person.

843.021 Unlawful possession of a concealed handcuff key.

843.025 Depriving officer of means of protection or communication.

843.03 Obstruction by disguised person.

843.04 Refusing to assist prison officers in arresting escaped convicts.

843.05 Resisting timber agent.

843.06 Neglect or refusal to aid peace officers.

843.08 Falsely personating officer, etc.

843.081 Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty.

843.085 Unlawful use of police badges or other indicia of authority.

843.0855 Criminal actions under color of law or through use of simulated legal process.

843.09 Escape through voluntary action of officer.

843.10 Escape by negligence of officer.

843.11 Conveying tools into jail to aid escape; forcible rescue.

843.12 Aiding escape.

843.13 Aiding escape of juvenile inmates of correctional institutions.

843.14 Compounding felony.

843.15 Failure of defendant on bail to appear.

843.16 Unlawful to install or transport radio equipment using assigned frequency of state or law enforcement officers; definitions; exceptions; penalties.

843.165 Unauthorized transmissions to and interference with governmental and associated radio frequencies prohibited; penalties; exceptions.

843.167 Unlawful use of police communications; enhanced penalties.

843.17 Publishing name and address of law enforcement officer.

843.18 Boats; fleeing or attempting to elude a law enforcement officer.

843.19 Offenses against police dogs, fire dogs, SAR dogs, or police horses.

843.20 Harassment of participant of neighborhood crime watch program prohibited; penalty; definitions.

The only ones I can think of as being a possibility for Lee are the ones I bolded. This is the definition of those are:

Chapter 843 OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE

843.06 Neglect or refusal to aid peace officers.--Whoever, being required in the name of the state by any officer of the Florida Highway Patrol, police officer, beverage enforcement agent, or watchman, neglects or refuses to assist him or her in the execution of his or her office in a criminal case, or in the preservation of the peace, or the apprehending or securing of any person for a breach of the peace, or in case of the rescue or escape of a person arrested upon civil process, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. [/SIZE]
843.14 Compounding felony.--Whoever, having knowledge of the commission of an offense punishable with death or by imprisonment in the state prison, takes money or a gratuity or reward, or an engagement therefor, upon an agreement or understanding, expressed or implied, to compound or conceal such offense, or not to prosecute therefor, or not to give evidence thereof, shall when such offense of which he or she has knowledge is punishable with death or imprisonment in the state prison for life, be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; and where the offense of which he or she so had knowledge was punishable in any other manner, he or she shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

History.--s. 20, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 259

The language of statutes often boggles me but if I understand this correctly, Lee may be charged with a third degree felony if he has compounded Casey's felony which is punishable by death or imprisonment.

Punishment for a third degree felony in Florida is:
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/in..._Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec082.HTM
(d) For a felony of the third degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 5 years.
Other thoughts? Did Lee's attorney mention only obstruction of justice or did he also mention aiding and abetting?

http://www.hmanuelhernandezlaw.com/aidingandabetting.htm

Aiding and Abetting

The government can also convict a defendant for a substantive offense under the aiding and abetting statute 18 U.S.C. § 2. There is no separate penalty for § 2. To prove a substantive charge under a theory of aiding and abetting, the government has to prove that the defendant knowingly associated himself with the criminal venture and sought to make the venture a success. Judge Learned Hand set out the classic definition of aiding and abetting more than half a century ago when he explained that in order for a defendant to be liable as an aider and abettor, he must "in some sort associate himself with the venture, that he participate in it as something that he wishes to bring about, [and] that he seek by his action to make it succeed." As such, the crime of aiding and abetting does not require proof of an agreement to break the law like a conspiracy charge does. However, it does require knowledge of the crime being aided and abetted. The legal axiom "[a]ctus non facit reum, nisi mens sit rea," the act alone does not amount to guilt, applies to this analysis. In other words, the act must be accompanied by a "guilty mind".

The bolded portions would not seem to jive with what was said about charging Lee even if he unknowingly aided Casey.

Still wondering about the $$$$ part that his lawyer referred to...as well as the stuff from "prior to this case"???? Anyone??

We're not supposed to discuss the $$$$ portion here - just OJ, and not the Juice guy that's doing time now.

There are many of old threads regarding this and the donations made to the A family that you can peruse through.

I do believe that there are other charges being considered, besides OJ and it does involve money.

The following is the Florida stature regarding obstruction of justice:
http://www.rpfoley.com/lawyer-attorney-1170536.html

The only ones I can think of as being a possibility for Lee are the ones I bolded. This is the definition of those are:

The language of statutes often boggles me but if I understand this correctly, Lee may be charged with a third degree felony if he has compounded Casey's felony which is punishable by death or imprisonment.

Punishment for a third degree felony in Florida is:
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/in..._Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec082.HTM

Other thoughts? Did Lee's attorney mention only obstruction of justice or did he also mention aiding and abetting?

http://www.hmanuelhernandezlaw.com/aidingandabetting.htm

The bolded portions would not seem to jive with what was said about charging Lee even if he unknowingly aided Casey.

May I respectfully add a crime committed under the RICO Act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500