Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not written clearly in regards to the new smile. The article stated how donations on behalf of Caylee were given to various organizations. IMO they left out the name of the organization that donates to children born with cleft pallets. I forget what it is called but they give money so children with cleft pallets so they can have their mouths reconstructed.

ETA..I think there are a few but one is CP Foundation.

Thanks for clarification. I got lost there.:confused:

I looked it up myself since you mentioned it:

Main Entry: eu·lo·gy
Pronunciation: \ˈyü-lə-jē\

1 : a commendatory oration or writing especially in honor of one deceased <she delivered the eulogy at his funeral>
2 : high praise

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eulogy

So if you take out the sentence with "the ones who truly knew her and loved her"...we are down to six as this is also a backwards jab. Then when she mentions how Caylee's life "will not have ended without a purpose" (reflecting back to the donations, imo)...we are at five sentences exclusively about Caylee. Out of approximately 450 words: approx. 172 are about donations and approx. 81 about Caylee personally.

So sad.

IMO it wouldn't have mattered WHAT Cindy wrote - peeps here or there or somewhere would pick it apart...just like every other aspect of the case.

I think it was beautiful and appropriate. God bless them all...

As I stated before,I had no problems with the eulogy,I believe it came from Cindys' heart,and I'm sure it was difficult for her to write. The only thing that I thought was odd is the eulogy was written by Cindy only.Usually it is by the family collectively - ie: George and Cindy Anthony,or The Anthony Family,etc. It seems this is exclusively by Cindy. I thought that was odd.

I have to wonder given the limitations on who is allowed at the memorial, who will give the speeches for Caylee? Cindy seems to have shot herself in the foot in this respect.

It's not written clearly in regards to the new smile. The article stated how donations on behalf of Caylee were given to various organizations. IMO they left out the name of the organization that donates to children born with cleft pallets. I forget what it is called but they give money so children with cleft pallets so they can have their mouths reconstructed.

ETA..I think there are a few but one is CP Foundation.

I think Shriners does it - and also Operation Smile.

I looked it up myself since you mentioned it:

Main Entry: eu·lo·gy
Pronunciation: \&#712;yü-l&#601;-j&#275;\

1 : a commendatory oration or writing especially in honor of one deceased <she delivered the eulogy at his funeral>
2 : high praise

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eulogy

So if you take out the sentence with "the ones who truly knew her and loved her"...we are down to six as this is also a backwards jab. Then when she mentions how Caylee's life "will not have ended without a purpose" (reflecting back to the donations, imo)...we are at five sentences exclusively about Caylee. Out of approximately 450 words: approx. 172 are about donations and approx. 81 about Caylee personally.

You are about to make me cry...which is no easy fete.

I just feel so badly for Caylee. This "eulogy" is frustrating me because I don't know how to deal with what it makes me feel. Anger is the most recognizable feeling, but guilt that I have anger is a strong second.

Cindy should have gone to a minister or funeral diector for advice on writing this. I really can't decide if it is an obit. or a eulogy.

Cindy "owns" everything. JMHO

If that is the obit that will be placed in the news paper, which I think it is.....it will cost a pretty penny. Here in NY, $10.40 a line then mutliply it by the amount of days it will be run. :eek:

IMO, it is more of an announcement rather than a eulogy. Because it references who they would like at the memorial,it is more like a prior announcement. I think eulogy is the wrong word.
It's beautiful either way.

Why were donations even mentioned more than in one sentence? I give her some credit tho, it is nice...but she could have stopped at "in lieu of flowers donations can be made to:...

Didn't she just mention donations once and then towards the end she told where the donations that have been received went to plus the toys and things that had been left at the memorial at their house and maybe at the menorial where Caylee was found? I think that was nice to list the places that donations and the toys went. I think she did a beautiful job on the eulogy. Nothing could be harder to write.

There is a direct correlation between how someone speaks and how they write. Meaning that in my opinion there is no way the obituary was written by Cindy. Wasn't she the one who said "Get off your a...s and look for my granddaughter"? :rolleyes:

My guess is Cindy told Conway what she wanted included in the obituary, and then either he or someone he hired wrote it with an eye toward grammar, spelling, decorum, and overall grieving grandmother behavior. At least the public wasn't told to get off their butts and donate--just doesn't work in an obituary. :bang:

The parts of the eulogy specifically about Caylee are lovely.

I am still digesting the part about the Caylee Foundation and I believe I will need an antacid soon. I am very sour on the way the Anthonys jumped right into creating a foundation while they were still professing Caylee was alive, but that's for some other thread that is probably locked and dead now.

Cindy's restraint does deserve some admiration, in regards to the fact that she mentioned Casey only once and in a formal manner only, as a survivor. Casey, the survivor... there is something a little Freudian in that somehow. Anyway, Cindy did show restraint in not bringing up anything to do with Casey being innocent or how she "loved that child" etc. I don't know if that was her intention or her attorney's influence.

I think since Caylee's death was so senseless they don't want it to have been in vain. They're looking for a way to make sure Caylee's memory lives on.
I also think it's a way for them to hang on to their sanity. Their reason for living was taken and they need to find a new one.

There is a direct correlation between how someone speaks and how they write. Meaning that in my opinion there is no way the obituary was written by Cindy. Wasn't she the one who said "Get off your a...s and look for my granddaughter"? :rolleyes:

My guess is Cindy told Conway what she wanted included in the obituary, and then either he or someone he hired wrote it with an eye toward grammar, spelling, decorum, and overall grieving grandmother behavior. At least the public wasn't told to get off their butts and donate--just doesn't work in an obituary. :bang:

I agree. I don't think Cindy wrote this. I feel it is too detached. I thought M Bart, but the grammar is actually well done, so...

You are about to make me cry...which is no easy fete.

I just feel so badly for Caylee. This "eulogy" is frustrating me because I don't know how to deal with what it makes me feel. Anger is the most recognizable feeling, but guilt that I have anger is a strong second.

I , too, felt guilty over feeling that the "eulogy" was sort of inappropriate (for lack of a better word) and I tried to post the positive things I could find. I sat on my fingers, but have to say that I felt like the "their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, " while perhaps true, was just, I don't know, unnecessary. There was no need to assign rank to grief, one's inferior to another's. As I said earlier, the two paragraphs about donations and foundations were inappropriate and unnecessary .

ETA: Great, now I feel bad again...I'm just gonna go to bed.

I am so aggravated and kind of angry, right now. I think the world of a lot of you guys, but I am so shocked that anyone would tread on sacred ground to tear a eulogy apart. :(

This is about honoring Caylee... not about who or who isn't mentioned in the eulogy... not about who or who did not write the eulogy... not about anything other than Cindy eulogizing that baby to honor her. Dislike Cindy all that you want, but tearing her eulogy apart, to me, is so very disrespectful.

I hope so. She did have a falling out with members of the family over kc. It would be in bad taste to use someone's eulogy to make a point.

Yeah, but all of them?? Nothing about George's siblings? Nothing about her brothers? I'm sure there is more than what was printed.
Bolded all by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member