FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please know I am not being snarky here. There is a huge difference between being "country" and being "uneducated". I live in the "country". We have excellent schools with loving and caring parents. We know our Numerical address, the difference between feet and inches, and our children's birth dates.

I was just about to post something like this...thank you.

Yeah, I was wondering this same thing when I was watching NG lastnight. Did the GF sleep with her bedroom door shut? I know for myself, I would definitely notice a light being turned on in my house but I'm a light sleeper maybe.

Another thing I'd like to know is why she didn't call 911 right away. Instead she is standing in the doorway when the dad gets home -- and then they call 911. Was she busy hiding something? Thinking of what her story would be??

If I was 17 years old, home alone with 2 children then realize that 1 is missing with the back door propped open with the light on... I'd be calling 911 right that very minute -- because I'd be scared to death to even be there!

That's an excellent point that I haven't read before! At 17 I, too, would have been scared out of my mind if I realized there was an intruder! Hmm.

Well, I had two intruders in my house and they turned the lights on in every room, even the light in my bedroom where I was sleeping. The lights didn't wake me up, it was the knife at my throat that did. So, I don't find the fact that the light was on so unusual.
I'm sorry for your trauma.

I would bet that it isn't the case though in most abductions.

Hopefully people will come out with the same vigalance as they did for Caylee. I know a lot of people have said this family is "country" they still need help just like anyone else. This little girl can not help who she was born to. There is a better chance to find her because she was reported right away.

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/02/h...update-021309/

IDK...just seems very odd to me, since LE should be able to verify 'school' records very easily.

I just posted this, but the thread moves really fast. STATEWIDE school calls parents (auto recorded message) if child's absence is NOT called in....they definitely know if the child was in school...and someone got a call...unless the school has a bad phone number

"Cummings, Croslin and other family members and acquaintances -- even an air conditioning repairman that was at the house Monday -- were interviewed and offered lie-detector tests.Hardy would not confirm who had taken polygraph tests or discuss the results."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29163600/

"An air conditioner repair man who was at the home on Monday was questioned after police found out about his house call but cleared him of any wrongdoing."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

"Detectives wrote that they followed a path that led behind the home and found what appeared to be a child's footprint in the dirt, though Cummings said his daughter's shoes were in the house."

I wonder if Misty left the back door open, went over her brother's trailer; then Haleigh woke up in the night and went out the back attempting to go towards Misty's brother's trailer and got lost or abducted along the way? She probably knows the route to there, she plays with misty's nephews

Thank you!

Yes, I believe dad DID lock the door and he has to beleive Misty's stories as that's all he has. I don't know how much he believes her based on body language...

What do you have on the addresses of the SOs?

212 MONROE AVE
100 CAMELLIA DR

both Satsuma, FL

I'm getting an error on Camellia

Monroe-

Earl Potter 8-11-1942
Joseph Bosca no DOB
Darrell Payne no DOB
DELORIS BELSER no DOB
RICKY FODOR 11-27-1966

I'll try again on Camellia

They choose to stay close for a reason, and it isn't for the news on what might turn up..LE would go to them wherever they are to tell them.
I think they choose to stay there so that their own families aren't listening to their conversations, and to watch to see what is brought out of that house for evidence.

Definately for secret conversations and control issues. Not bugged.
Yes from a tent a person can peek out and see what others
are doing and no one can see them.
OR the dad doesn't trust gf brother that lives in back of them.
Maybe dad doesn't trust anyone right now.

Yeah, I was wondering this same thing when I was watching NG lastnight. Did the GF sleep with her bedroom door shut? I know for myself, I would definitely notice a light being turned on in my house but I'm a light sleeper maybe.

Another thing I'd like to know is why she didn't call 911 right away. Instead she is standing in the doorway when the dad gets home -- and then they call 911. Was she busy hiding something? Thinking of what her story would be??

If I was 17 years old, home alone with 2 children then realize that 1 is missing with the back door propped open with the light on... I'd be calling 911 right that very minute -- because I'd be scared to death to even be there!

If Misty truly considered herself a "mother" to those children, then she would have trained herself to be a light sleeper since we all know how young children can be.
I don't think she was even home the whole time. If she had just woke up like she said, noticing the children gone, then she should have called 911 right quick, not waited a half hour, makes no sense

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/orl-bk-missing-florida-girl-haleigh-021309,0,2376704.story

According to initial reports, the father's 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, had been sleeping next to the girl. Croslin told reporters Thursday that she had been sleeping beside Haleigh's younger brother.

Croslin said Haleigh was in her own bed when the 17-year-old went to sleep. When Croslin awoke hours later, the teen said Haleigh "was gone." Investigators are calling Haleigh's disappearance an abduction.

This is making my heart hurt, it's all too familiar anymore when a child goes missing, the adults responsible for her/him aren't responsible at all.

Yes...I think what many are not understanding is; this is not "country", but Suuuuper Rural. Generations of living like that. It's an entirely different way of life. Almost sheltered in a way.

Have to disagree, this is beyone Super Rural.

Please know I am not being snarky here. There is a huge differance between being "country" and being "uneducated". I live in the "country". We have excellant schools with loving and caring parents. We know our Numerical address, the differance between feet and inches, and our children's birthdates.

Agreed. We live in the middle of redneck USA, but only the uneducated and "sorry" types are the ones who don't know addresses, important dates, etc... and from my experience with them it's simply because they don't care. Info that we find imperative to know is info that means nothing to them. They live in another world entirely.
Also, it's not at all unheard here for a 17 year old to be with a much older partner....totally legal in SC.

On the other hand, I do know that in a true panic I have a hard time remembering my own birthday and address.....

"Cummings, Croslin and other family members and acquaintances -- even an air conditioning repairman that was at the house Monday -- were interviewed and offered lie-detector tests.Hardy would not confirm who had taken polygraph tests or discuss the results."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29163600/

"An air conditioner repair man who was at the home on Monday was questioned after police found out about his house call but cleared him of any wrongdoing."

"Detectives wrote that they followed a path that led behind the home and found what appeared to be a child's footprint in the dirt, though Cummings said his daughter's shoes were in the house."

I wonder if Misty left the back door open, went over her brother's trailer; then Haleigh woke up in the night and went out the back attempting to go towards Misty's brother's trailer and got lost or abducted along the way? She probably knows the route to there, she plays with misty's nephews

So LE has publicly cleared the AC guy. GF and Dad took a poly but LE won't comment or say they have been cleared. This speaks volumes to me.

Detectives wrote that they followed a path that led behind the home and found what appeared to be a child's footprint in the dirt, though Cummings said his daughter's shoes were in the house.

This is a contradiction. Either they found footprints or shoeprints. There is a difference. Also, if the kids were outside playing earlier in the evening...how can they tell if the prints were "fresh"?

I'm getting an error on Camellia

Monroe-

Earl Potter 8-11-1942
Joseph Bosca no DOB
Darrell Payne no DOB
DELORIS BELSER no DOB
RICKY FODOR 11-27-1966

I'll try again on Camellia

a woman on the list, what age? mother to gf figure? bolded by me........stuck out like a flag to me............
we always think SO are men.
BUT, think outside the box?

I just posted this, but the thread moves really fast. STATEWIDE school calls parents (auto recorded message) if child's absence is NOT called in....they definitely know if the child was in school...and someone got a call...unless the school has a bad phone number

I was talking about LE's comment about being in school Monday....

If Haleigh wasn't in school, seems like there's lots of lies being told...

If Misty truly considered herself a "mother" to those children, then she would have trained herself to be a light sleeper since we all know how young children can be.
I don't think she was even home the whole time. If she had just woke up like she said, noticing the children gone, then she should have called 911 right quick, not waited a half hour, makes no sense

Yeah, it's hard to get past the half hour thing and not read any guilt into her actions. Waiting for that length of time...well, there really is no excuse.

Exactly! With the backdoor open, and the thought of an intruder being in that home, you just don't wait 30 minutes..unless you know who was in that home, you know you were not in that home and left the door open so you can see your way back!
I call BS on the gf's story of the backdoor..
30 minutes, 31 days...its all the same when something goes wrong..If you have nothing to hide you hide nothing..
30 minutes is a long time to wait before calling 911! JMHO

Did the AC guy fix the AC or do we have an open door to let cool air in?

a woman on the list, what age? mother to gf figure? bolded by me........stuck out like a flag to me............
we always think SO are men.
BUT, think outside the box?

Those were people that lived at that address, not necessarily SOs

They just asked me to search those addresses of the SOs.

(If there is ever anything someone wants me to find post it and send me a PM, bc sometimes I get lost in the thread!)

ETA the woman was older, I think it showed her age as 60 something, but I couldn't find her DOB. Now, that may mean she was 60 something when she lived there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname