FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you this, having a son that is a drug addict I have seen more then my share of what a person acts live when they use them. Even when they are clean the drugs take weeks to get out of the body and emotions are really screwed up...........that being said: My feeling is all three of these people Dad, GF and the real mother are heavy drug users and their emotions don't add up.

I shared about my son and is wife last night on one of the other threads. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind they are all three drug users. I think Misty may have been getting high in the house while Ron was at work and left the door propped open to air the house. I know with my son and DL, one was not allowed to smoke dope or use meth unless the other one was there. Pack mentality I guess. I think she was high and fell asleep leaving te door propped open. When she woke up Haleigh was gone.

The other thought I have now, knowing that the brother lived right behind them is that she propped the door open and went across to her brothers house, maybe to get high or just to hang out. Either way I think SHE propped that door open. JMHO

It's hard to gauge what's happening here. But 25 year old guy with 17 year old GF? Isn't that illegal? Here, at least, it's illegal for anyone under 18 to smoke. None of them are articulate and they all seem pretty clueless, possibly drug abusers from their general appearance and emotional affect. Still, I'm not really getting strong indications that they are involved or covering up, at least with the information we have now. My main concern now is the 25 guy with the 17 year old. Is that ok in FL?

The age of consent in FL is 16.

Thank makes sense Meow, say for example she would prop the back door open so that she could reenter the trailer without a key? And by using the back door it wouldn't draw attention that her front door was wide open while she went for a visit? You know what I'm saying?

It might be a good idea to check security vids at local convenience stores/gas stations. Maybe gf needed smokes or something (if she can even buy them at her age) This would show she left children alone.

I shared about my son and is wife last night on one of the other threads. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind they are all three drug users. I think Misty may have been getting high in the house while Ron was at work and left the door propped open to air the house. I know with my son and DL, one was not allowed to smoke dope or use meth unless the other one was there. Pack mentality I guess. I think she was high and fell asleep leaving te door propped open. When she woke up Haleigh was gone.

The other thought I have now, knowing that the brother lived right behind them is that she propped the door open and went across to her brothers house, maybe to get high or just to hang out. Either way I think SHE propped that door open. JMHO

Which could have been another reason both doors were open, if the light was on, I wonder if it shined with the doors open through the woods so she could see her way back home?

I posted this on the Marc Klass thread, but have ya'll discussed it here yet?

I would like to know:

Since when do intruders/abductors turn on the lights so they can see better?

"I seen the kitchen light on and the back door propped open." ~ Misti Croslin, 17

Yeah, I was wondering this same thing when I was watching NG lastnight. Did the GF sleep with her bedroom door shut? I know for myself, I would definitely notice a light being turned on in my house but I'm a light sleeper maybe.

Another thing I'd like to know is why she didn't call 911 right away. Instead she is standing in the doorway when the dad gets home -- and then they call 911. Was she busy hiding something? Thinking of what her story would be??

If I was 17 years old, home alone with 2 children then realize that 1 is missing with the back door propped open with the light on... I'd be calling 911 right that very minute -- because I'd be scared to death to even be there!

I don't know, if the father is involved, why would he keep insisting that the back door was locked and stressing that it is a dead bolt that is really hard to open? He even said on GVS that you have to push in on the door really hard to get the lock to turn. It doesn't make sense. If he is involved, why not say he got home from work, noticed the front door wasn't locked, went in to check, found GF and son sleeping and Haleigh missing?

The GF on the other hand...I don't even think she was home. I see her putting the kids to bed 8pm...checking on them at 10pm, they are both sound asleep, so she goes out the back door to go visit friends or to her brother's house or something. I think she did this alot and someone knew that. She goes out the back so she isn't seen and leaves that back door open to get back in. She makes sure to be back home by the time dad gets home from work. She gets home 3am or maybe even a little later, like JUST before dad gets home and finds the screen door propped open and Haleigh missing. Now she needs a story for dad, so she comes up with getting up to go to the bathroom.

they have not found her yet. If they arrest anyone there's a good possibilty they will lawyer up. They are watching what is said to the media. the more they speak the more LE gets. JMO

IDK...just seems very odd to me, since LE should be able to verify 'school' records very easily.

LE doesn't need to tell us anything right now.

Ron could have slipped away. All I know is I believe he found time to harm his daughter, hide her body, then set the stage for the big performance.

But if this were true - and he 'coached' his girlfriend, as you and another have suggested - wouldn't he come up with a better story than:

(1) Insisting that he was SURE the door was locked. Wouldn't it be a whole lot more plausible for an abductor to get in without any signs of forced entry if it were unlocked as an oversight? Or if he was insisting forced entry, why wouldn't he jack it open with a crowbar, as he is suggesting may have happened?

(2) Saying the girlfriend was RIGHT NEXT TO the girl, who was presumably abducted right from under her nose, from the same room. Why not in another room, down the hall?

If I were going to make something up, I'd make it a lot more believable.

That's not saying the GF isn't lying - but if she is, I think it's much more likely that she's afraid to admit that she was doing something (a) negligent, or (b) that her boyfriend (the Dad) wouldn't approve of, and she's just terrified to say. I'm not convinced that's the case, but I don't think Dad coached her because the story is just too unbelievable to be fake, in my opinion.

Please know I am not being snarky here. There is a huge differance between being "country" and being "uneducated". I live in the "country". We have excellant schools with loving and caring parents. We know our Numerical address, the differance between feet and inches, and our children's birthdates.

Yes...I think what many are not understanding is; this is not "country", but Suuuuper Rural. Generations of living like that. It's an entirely different way of life. Almost sheltered in a way.

Yeah, I was wondering this same thing when I was watching NG lastnight. Did the GF sleep with her bedroom door shut? I know for myself, I would definitely notice a light being turned on in my house but I'm a light sleeper maybe.

Another thing I'd like to know is why she didn't call 911 right away. Instead she is standing in the doorway when the dad gets home -- and then they call 911. Was she busy hiding something? Thinking of what her story would be??

If I was 17 years old, home alone with 2 children then realize that 1 is missing with the back door propped open with the light on... I'd be calling 911 right that very minute -- because I'd be scared to death to even be there!

Honestly, the first thing I would think if my backdoor is open is that someone is in my house, I would immediately grab the phone while checking on my children. I thought I remembered the father saying that he went through the house checking each room...that is suspicious to me too. Even if it were only a few minutes until the dad pulled in, she should have first called 911.

Maybe not, do we know if the back door is in the kitchen?
I was thinking more along the lines of the cement block being more towards the outside where it wouldn't be readily visible from inside the house...plus it was dark outside.

"Cummings, Croslin and other family members and acquaintances -- even an air conditioning repairman that was at the house Monday -- were interviewed and offered lie-detector tests.Hardy would not confirm who had taken polygraph tests or discuss the results."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29163600/

"An air conditioner repair man who was at the home on Monday was questioned after police found out about his house call but cleared him of any wrongdoing."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

"Detectives wrote that they followed a path that led behind the home and found what appeared to be a child's footprint in the dirt, though Cummings said his daughter's shoes were in the house."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

I wonder if Misty left the back door open, went over her brother's trailer; then Haleigh woke up in the night and went out the back attempting to go towards Misty's brother's trailer and got lost or abducted along the way? She probably knows the route to there, she plays with misty's nephews

Please know I am not being snarky here. There is a huge differance between being "country" and being "uneducated". I live in the "country". We have excellant schools with loving and caring parents. We know our Numerical address, the differance between feet and inches, and our children's birthdates.

OMG I spit my coffee all over , I found that so odd during the 911 call, and so did my hubby . Like Duh. sorry i will be nice .

Yep. And her story keeps changing because she doesn't want to admit she wasn't in the house when Haleigh was abducted. If the police put pressure on her, tell her that her inconsistancies make her look like the #1 suspect, I think she'll come clean with the whole story, but not until then.

Honestly, the first thing I would think if my backdoor is open is that someone is in my house, I would immediately grab the phone while checking on my children. I thought I remembered the father saying that he went through the house checking each room...that is suspicious to me too. Even if it were only a few minutes until the dad pulled in, she should have first called 911.
Excellent point.

Ok I am going off of memory here, there is so much to go through.... Ex-boyfriend of Misty's STILL serving time for assaulting her. I believe mer mother pressed charges.

I am trying to catch up from last night, but stopped at your post.

FWIW, if this ex-boyfriend was sentenced in 2005, it is possible that he is out now. In the Department of Corrections, you get what is called Good Time. It is basically that if you are a model inmate, each day you serve counts as two days off your sentence. If this guy was sentenced to 8 years in 2005, he may have come up for parole and it be granted. A Department of Corrections inmate can take courses in prison that can also give him credit on his sentence. This is how it is in Louisiana.

If anyone has this guys correct name, look him up in the Department of Corrections and it will tell you whether or not he is still incarcerated. Depending on what took place in the assault, this guy just may be listed as a S.O. if this was a sexual assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny