The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

The reason why the 911 call is so confusing, I think, is because Misty is so afraid. She can't think. Her concentration is on RC. It's almost like she is in survival mode. Like watching him out of the corner of her eye and can't concentrate on the questions being asked.

The 911 op. was telling MC things to tell RC. Like calm down and she said nothing. Almost like she didn't want to drawl attention to herself. KWIM?

They were asking MC Haleigh's birth date. She didn't know. The operator asked to talk to RC. She handed that phone to him almost like in relief. Handing her fears over to the operator.

I think his anger issues have been the problem with getting solid answers from MC as far as the 911 call.

Yes, he did waste a lot of time.

I just think that there was only one phone there because in the 911 call, he does say, "Give me my phone." Then there is only one phone number on the incident report. I know you cannot always believe NG, but the 911 call was played and also the transcript was on the screen in print.

You just do not leave a barely 17 year old with a 5 and 2 year old with no phone if that is what he did. It had been said that Haleigh had been in the hospital a few times recently. What if there had been an emergency? And in a community full of SO's.

I may be completely wrong about that, but I really think there was just one phone and Ronald had it with him at work. Maybe Misty could not have called 911 any sooner.

At any rate, that was the most bizarre 911 call I have ever heard.
No,there WAS a house phone and apparently Ron had a cell phone. Remember that Misty says she called Ron but he didn't answer and it was stated Ron was just about at his driveway and /or pulling in
his vehicle to where he parks it. Maybe because he was right outside the house is the reason he didn't answer his cell phone.I've never read where it says why Ron didn't answer his phone when Misty called him. Perhaps his cell phone doesn' pick up well in his neighborhood or within his house. I know my daughter and 2 or 3 friends all had the same kind of cell phone and on our street they always claimed they got no reception on most of this street which is mostly uphill and then sharp down hills. Also my husband's cell phone does not get reception at all in his huge building well behind our house so we have an extension from our house phone down there so he can make calls or answer the phone if we all are gone from the house. And his cell phone is much more costly than my daughter and her friends' phone were.

The reason why the 911 call is so confusing, I think, is because Misty is so afraid. She can't think. Her concentration is on RC. It's almost like she is in survival mode. Like watching him out of the corner of her eye and can't concentrate on the questions being asked.

The 911 op. was telling MC things to tell RC. Like calm down and she said nothing. Almost like she didn't want to drawl attention to herself. KWIM?

They were asking MC Haleigh's birth date. She didn't know. The operator asked to talk to RC. She handed that phone to him almost like in relief. Handing her fears over to the operator.

I think his anger issues have been the problem with getting solid answers from MC as far as the 911 call.

bolded by me...I have believed this from the first time I heard the tape. Her attention was focused on RC as to what he would do because she feared what he would do. How could she focus on the operator's questions when she was having to keep focus on RC?

Also, RC's last statement concerns me. Ronald Cummings: "where is my f'ing phone...we've got better people to talk to then some mother f'ers who ain't coming." Exactly who are the "better people" he can talk to who will help?

bolded by me...I have believed this from the first time I heard the tape. Her attention was focused on RC as to what he would do because she feared what he would do. How could she focus on the operator's questions when she was having to keep focus on RC?

Also, RC's last statement concerns me. Ronald Cummings: "where is my f'ing phone...we've got better people to talk to then some mother f'ers who ain't coming." Exactly who are the "better people" he can talk to who will help?

i know one of them was his mom. she showed up on scene a short time later. i believe she is a police dispatcher. maybe he was counting on her to schmooze the cops?

Something is wrong with this call has the days goes on something just isn't right.

Why didn't he think LE was coming? He hung up on the 911 operator twice. Who you going to call that is better then LE when your daughter is missing?

Nothing snap him out of this anger either. The operator told MC to tell RC the dogs were coming. He had no hope. Nothing slap him out of that anger. He kept yelling in the background. I think the operator was worried about MC safety too.

I also heard at the very beginning in the background Ronald Yelling "Haleigh" like he is outside yelling for her, it is as soon as 911 pick up the call.

I also heard at the very beginning in the background Ronald Yelling "Haleigh" like he is outside yelling for her, it is as soon as 911 pick up the call.

Gosh I didn't hear that at all. I put the headphones on and the 911 call was more clear. Actually, when they seemed to be across the room from each other I could barely hear him. I don't think the trailer is that big. Maybe she was standing in the doorway talking to the operator when you heard him yell Haleigh's name. I'm going to listen again to the 911 call.

I see you are new to talking on websleuths too. Welcome.

The operator also reminds Misty that she is not the one physically coming to the property about the call...She (operator) is just taking needed info for LE when they arrive. I wonder if we have all of the call? Was it RC's behavior that made her say this or MC's and why?

I agree with an earlier poster that this sounds staged...Misty says:
"Hi...umm...I just woke up...and our backdoor was wide open and I think...and I can't find our daughter" Then RC says:
"I just got home from work, my five-year-old daughter is gone- I need someone here now." Alibis?

Some of the lines just sound staged and MC didn't perform like she was supposed to which made RC do damage control for the time being. JMO..not just this but other statements and interviews I have seen make me believe this may be possible.

Some have been able to hear what's going on and being said in the background, that's what I want to hear and the entire thing, if this is not the entire call.

No,there WAS a house phone and apparently Ron had a cell phone. Remember that Misty says she called Ron but he didn't answer and it was stated Ron was just about at his driveway and /or pulling in
his vehicle to where he parks it. Maybe because he was right outside the house is the reason he didn't answer his cell phone.I've never read where it says why Ron didn't answer his phone when Misty called him. Perhaps his cell phone doesn' pick up well in his neighborhood or within his house. I know my daughter and 2 or 3 friends all had the same kind of cell phone and on our street they always claimed they got no reception on most of this street which is mostly uphill and then sharp down hills. Also my husband's cell phone does not get reception at all in his huge building well behind our house so we have an extension from our house phone down there so he can make calls or answer the phone if we all are gone from the house. And his cell phone is much more costly than my daughter and her friends' phone were.

hawki123, how do you know there was a house phone?
Well, 911 was called from his cell phone and the dispatcher was able to understand what Ronald and Misty were saying, so it is not about cell phone reception.

Maybe I am just too suspicious, but I do not believe what Ronald and Misty says just because they said so. LE doesn't work that way. You think LE believes every statement made? LE is not naive - they cannot afford to be. And it tells me a lot that LE cannot come right out and clear Ronald.

As for me, I think the whole 911 call came across as contrived. That is just my opinion!

:)

I agree with you except Ronald said, "Give me my f'ing phone." At least that is what I heard.

You are the first person I have heard say that, KelliKat. I did not hear that at all.

What gets me about the 911 call and a couple of other interviews is how Ron goes from incoherent babbling to speaking fine instantly. That is not real. He slips in and out of it way too easily. It's like it screams "guy trying to fake crying". Just mooooooooo

I love you! :blowkiss:

You are the first person I have heard say that, KelliKat. I did not hear that at all.
I heard it as well, but I thought it sounded like he was inside the house. Like he was looking in the next room.

me too - on the 911 call he is mumbling and whining while on the phone with the 911 operator, then two seconds later when Misty takes the phone he's like "... blah blah blah!" just completely not crying or sounding sad at all.

this flipping from complete devastation to anger to confusion is just off the charts hokey to me. its more what I don't hear that bothers me mostly though.
Nobody screaming for her or running from room to room or outside - no rechecking closets and other areas Misty may have already checked - no little brother crying in the background. I don't hear him shouting questions to her, like where did you see her last, was anyone here tonight, or Misty what the hell happened????? Mostly I don't hear anyone shouting her name.
Yep! Oh, yes. No little brother crying in the background...

I heard it as well, but I thought it sounded like he was inside the house. Like he was looking in the next room.

LancelotLink, did you ever get an answer about a yapping dog? It is odd because now I have heard that Haleigh will have a pet waiting for her when she comes home. Wasn't there already a pet carrier on the front porch in pics when Haleigh went missing?

Wish I could hear Ronald calling Haleigh's name as you did. I just didn't hear it.

:)

Any WS out there who can enhance the background? I listened again would really love to hear more of the background noise.

I noticed that RC spoke for about 25 seconds before he hung up on the operator, it took her about 30 seconds to call back and 30 seconds for the phone to be answered and MC really sounded scared..What happened in that minute....I could really hear the fear in MC's voice, the operator was very professional and wanted to let MC know that she would stay on the line with her until LE arrived, did MC hang up on 911 again? :confused:

I owe you an apology, KelliKat! Another person said they heard him yelling "Haleigh" also! :crazy: I was wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back