WFTV - STRICKLAND filed complaint against Baez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be - remember he represents the Anthonys, for whom DCasey was working at the Nov. trip to Suburban, so JBaez may have called him to drag him into it, or maybe BC simply didn"t report JBaez himself. Attorneys have to report misconduct of other attorneys in most states...unsure if FL rules of professionalism require this (LA's certainly do.)

Yep, the rule is mandatory. "Shall."

RULE 4-8.3 REPORTING PROFESSIONAL MISCONDUCT

(a) Reporting Misconduct of Other Lawyers. A lawyer having knowledge that another lawyer has committed a violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct that raises a substantial question as to that lawyer's honesty, trustworthiness, or fitness as a lawyer in other respects shall inform the appropriate professional authority.

(b) Reporting Misconduct of Judges. <snip>

(c) Confidences Preserved. This rule does not require disclosure of information otherwise protected by rule 4-1.6.

I agree, not a trivial matter. For Strickland to take this step it must be bad, bad, bad. How is Baez going to sugar coat this?

Who cares...I for one will just be glad that the $hit eatin' mischievious grin will be wiped right off his puss! No more crab puffs for him!

Yes: and it doesn't look good for JBaez.
I think JBaez asked someone he knew couldn't refuse to answer questions under oath to lie/commit perjury...or worse, as in destroy evidence...course this could also be about the licorice eating incident, too...DCasey witnessed that.

I have never witnessed a judge file a complaint against counsel. But I too agree, this absolutely CAN'T be good for JB. And he better think long and hard about his choice of "statements" regarding this newest complaint.

Personally, I think JB asked DC to either move or destroy evidence. Although I don't have any proof of it.

Can't she do the heavy lifting so long as she has local counsel? It doesn't matter what you call her.

There are so many possible replys to this post that I can't chose just one. :D

OT
LBK seems quite confident in a courtroom and has worked high profile cases before. Couldn't she assist whatever attorny that takes over?

Just when you thought this case couldn't get any crazier! A judge filing a state bar complaint against an attorney is highly unusual and huge. Sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out what it is. JB, of course, may have another non-existent person file a declaration with the state bar in his defense.
Whatever happened to that? Is there somewhere online where we can view the complaints. Just because one was filed...it doesn't necessarily have to be addressed...correct? I'm not talking about Strickland's because that obviously warrants attention...but some of the other complaints seem to have not been addressed.

(a) Reporting Misconduct of Other Lawyers. A lawyer having knowledge that another lawyer has committed a violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct that raises a substantial question as to that lawyer's honesty, trustworthiness, or fitness as a lawyer in other respects shall inform the appropriate professional authority.

(c) Confidences Preserved. This rule does not require disclosure of information otherwise protected by rule 4-1.6.

Well, there you go, so the reason BC is also under an investigation/being looked COULD BE because he knew about whatever JBaez did wrong & sat on his duff for too long and someone beat him to the punch. This kind of reporting typically must be done "seasonably" so as to prevent further/potential damage to the clients' cases/matters...
Go Judge Strickland!
I'm just as impressed with his judicial actions as I was after the first televised hearing!

Could be - remember he represents the Anthonys, for whom DCasey was working at the Nov. trip to Suburban, so JBaez may have called him to drag him into it, or maybe BC simply didn"t report JBaez himself. Attorneys have to report misconduct of other attorneys in most states...unsure if FL rules of professionalism require this (LA's certainly do.)

D. Casey said he worked for Casey Anthony too.

I think KC told JB - JB called DC and told him where to go look for the body and told him DO NOT call the police --- call me......I am also wondering if DC went back at some other time and actually did find the body.....and here is where LP's "daisy chain" comes into play......

Don't know about the daisy chain but it sure explains Hoover's statement that DC told him that he knew where Caylee was, and when he said let's go get her, DC told him "we can't, she's dead."
Straight from the horse's mouth...to JB's ear...to DC's cell.

So now I do wonder if MN is a source of one of the complaints.

I am wondering if all the drama about the body finding (by KC) was not at least in part caused by her thinking the matter had already been dealt with.. she may have been led to believe it had been moved and hidden elsewhere, or destroyed. Then finding out it had not been .. no wonder she wanted to speak to JB promptly, if that were the case.

Whatever happened to that? Is there somewhere online where we can view the complaints. Just because one was filed...it doesn't necessarily have to be addressed...correct? I'm not talking about Strickland's because that obviously warrants attention...but some of the other complaints seem to have not been addressed.

Bars have filtering processes. Not every complaint even makes it to the accused.

Who cares...I for one will just be glad that the $hit eatin' mischievious grin will be wiped right off his puss! No more crab puffs for him!
But, oh boy...who would want to takeover?

I think KC told JB - JB called DC and told him where to go look for the body and told him DO NOT call the police --- call me......I am also wondering if DC went back at some other time and actually did find the body.....and here is where LP's "daisy chain" comes into play......

Very good question TO. I've had suspicions all along that DC may have found the body.

I am wondering if all the drama about the body finding (by KC) was not at least in part caused by her thinking the matter had already been dealt with.. she may have been led to believe it had been moved and hidden elsewhere, or destroyed. Then finding out it had not been .. no wonder she wanted to speak to JB promptly, if that were the case.
Now, was that in the beginning of November?

So now I do wonder if MN is a source of one of the complaints.

I rather doubt it - he's been out of the case for so long. . . Course, maybe so in regards to TES???
Again, these types of reporting requirements usually have to be done "seasonably," which doesn't mean in a few months, weeks, etc. It informally means 14 days or less where I practice.

All I can say is HOLY CHIT!! I wonder if her next attorney will be able to talk her into a plea deal?

Don't know about the daisy chain but it sure explains Hoover's statement that DC told him that he knew where Caylee was, and when he said let's go get her, DC told him "we can't, she's dead."
Straight from the horse's mouth...to JB's ear...to DC's cell.
...and I'd really like to know how LP fits into all of this...'cause something tells me he does some way...and I mean that in a good way.

Dominic was not working for Baez in November, so how could he be included in some attorney/client privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419