2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think George's opportunity to stand up for Caylee came and went on July 15, 2008 at the car storage yard when he got into the driver's seat of the Pontiac, turned the engine on, rolled down the windows and drove away.

That's exactly when his decision was made (and it was as easy as you describe above) to do everything possible to hinder the investigation into the death of Caylee, all the time pretending to cooperate with LE. He knew for sure that day that she was dead and probably suspected it for about a month before. Every now and then the thought enters my mind that he dropped off a laundry basket in the woods on the way home that day.

George sure has memory lapses.

The depth of his feigned ignorance about what was going on in his house is almost as low as the fact that he has apparently never asked anyone in his family any questions about anything for the last 3 years. It's like he wasn't there.

Here are a couple of issues I have, looking back on things.

"I haven't seen my granddaughter since June 9th."

"You found a video on the computer? Why are you looking in my stuff like this! Oh, that video. Um, okay yeah, yeah that's right, I was at the nurrsing home on Father's Day with Caylee. My bad. Grandma's bad. KC's bad. Oops. I just plum forgot."

"I chased her in and out of traffic, speeding and dodging cars because I wanted to know what was going on, she wasn't coming home and she wasn't letting my wife talk to Caylee. I have EZPass. I save the receipts. It was a few days after the gas can/trunk incident."

"What? You've got the records and there was no such chase in June, it was actually in April? Ahem. Yes, well, I said the wrong month by mistake. I meant April. I was confused, I am a grieving grandfather."

"Are you aware of anytime that KC took money that wasn't hers?"
"No."
"What about the check she took from Grandpa?"
"Sir, she didn't take money from Grandma, she took a check. You asked about money sir." fluttery eyelashes, smirk
"What about the money she stole from your wife?"
"What is ours is hers, she can not steal from herself, can she?" flutter, flutter, flutter, condescending grin with eyebrows raised.
"What about AH?"
"You louse, how dare you try to ask me questions about a pending criminal investigation about my daughter, be nice,be nice, you dont' care, you don't car about me, I already told you "this" isn't the Zenaida that my daughter is talking about because she is a troll and our Zanny is a 10. How's that? Are you this hard up for your 15 minutes of fame??"

I've wondered the same thing in the past, Muzik. :) Tonight, as I watched his deposition, though, he seemed to blink like that at other times when he wasn't lying. However, those rapid-blinks are still indicative of something, and based on what little info I have, I think it's an overall indication of general deceptiveness, an intent to deceive. IMO

I think you are right. It's like the stupid grin, sometimes he does them together.

That's exactly when his decision was made (and it was as easy as you describe above) to do everything possible to hinder the investigation into the death of Caylee, all the time pretending to cooperate with LE. He knew for sure that day that she was dead and probably suspected it for about a month before. Every now and then the thought enters my mind that he dropped off a laundry basket in the woods on the way home that day.

Bold is mine.

I know.. me too. I have other things I toss around in my head too (doesn't mean it's what I believe- just something I have played around with).. like maybe they are trying to frame her. So much of what they say puts another nail in her coffin and I can't help but to wonder if there a reason for it.

I am sure GA knows that he had (has) a roll of silver duct tape with "Henkel" proudly stamped on it in bold black letters. He should know that is unusual to say the least.

GA must know that his grand daughter was defiled with that very roll of tape.

He knows his daughter was obsessed with "heart" stickers and symbols. :beats:

No wonder he is angry! It's about time!

I assume his cunning plan is to pretend to support KC so that he can get close enough to strangle her?

I would be seriously afraid of this man. I think he has the capacity to go off the deep end and hurt a lot of people. I wonder if he ever got his gun back from LE.

That's my feeling, too. Remember that guy who shot the lawyer in the face in broad daylight? That was the lawyer was trying to dodge him behind a thin tree, and an off-duty copy did a STUNNING tackle of him, all on camera because they were around for (I think) the Robert Blake case. The guy decided enough was enough and got his gun.

Cindy might want to sleep with one eye open, too.

I cannot believe you just said that...I was just wondering if George has been busy spending time out on his boat.

:rolleyes::clap: well George did mention the word "fishing" quite a bit in his depo I noticed...maybe his mind was elsewhere? :)

That's what I thought too. A very smart move to unwittingly lock GA into how the A's pronounce their "ZFG" so there can be no claim to the contrary later.

Good point. What *I* kept focusing on for this part was that GEORGE was the one who was pronouncing it wrong for the spelling he was using and then criticizing the lawyer for mispronouncing it.

Zany - that would, most likely, be pronounced as "Zane-ee" with a long A, due to the lack of a second "N".

Zanny - that would, most likely be pronounced as Zanny rhyming with Nanny with a short a.

That said, I was just assuming that the lawyer was deliberately mispronouncing it in order to get George riled up (as if George needed an excuse). To be fair, we could only see George's expressions -- we have no idea of what kind of smirking, etc., might have been going on with Zenaida's LAWYERS.

That said, George's behavior was ATROCIOUS!!! What I deduced from it (other than that he was acting like a total *advertiser censored**HOLE) was that he was a man who DESPERATELY needed to have some control over SOMETHING -- ANYTHING -- because circumstances in his life have gotten so far out of his control that he has absolutely NOTHING. His life has gone down in flames around him. His wife belittles him at every turn (she always HAS, but now it's a 24/7 thing), his daughter has no respect for him and has robbed them blind, his son is supporting them, he couldn't protect his granddaughter, can't protect his daughter, can't protect ANY of his family in ANY way other than to drag his heels, can't keep the media from scrutinizing and criticizing him and his entire family (his entire LIFE, even) and they dog him like ravenous jackals on a carcass. And he will FOREVER remember the smell of his own granddaughter's decomposing flesh, KNOWING that his daughter probably killed her and stashed her in the car. I'd probably lash out too. A deposition, however, is NOT the place to do it.

I think Cindy called the shots here and she decided ahead of time that the strategy was to be in-your-face defiant and that they would ONLY answer questions about whether or not this was the same Zenaida that Casey was talking about. That was the script. Period. And George was toeing the family line. Or else (although I can't imagine how much WORSE Cindy could get with him).

I was quite surprised at the turnaround in George's attitude after the break. I saw it as him being defeated (or tranquilized). He got a good talking to and realized his behavior and refusal to answer questions wasn't going to work and would only create MORE problems. He actually seemed kind of relieved to have an excuse to give up on the combative stance.

ETA: I am NOT making excuses for him -- I'm just musing and making observations. This is a man, IMO, who is on the verge of violently exploding. He's a jerk and a liar and probably always has been. His entire family has been operating like this for decades, and they truly seem SHOCKED that people aren't reacting to them by backing down and giving in to their lies and bullying. That's because it probably wasn't worth it most of the time to most people -- it's easier just to walk away from people like that. Now they are being held accountable, no matter HOW they act, and that's a whole new experience for them.

Yes, the ramifacation is that this depo.will be shoved up his *** at trial.

Maybe he thinks that if he's shown to be a blatant liar and a bad witness, no one will call him and he'll be off the hook.

Uh, no, George, it will only reinforce that you are a blatant liar, just like your daughter, making it all the more obvious that Casey got her chutzpah from BOTH her parents when it comes to lying.

I'm listening to the depo now and the one thing I really don't get...truly...is why these questions are ticking him off. I don't find them difficult questions. He came in with a really horrible attitude. All he had to do was be truthful.

AMEN!! I don't know if BC just didn't do his job in prepping, or simply has no control over them (although the bizarre and radical change in behavior after the break makes me think it was a prep problem, not control problem), but this is just NO way to act in a depo. As someone who has been deposed two or three times, and sat through a couple dozen others, I have NEVER seen anyone act this way, no matter how sensitive the questioning. This was simply a DISGUSTING display of childish tantrum. :furious::furious: And I suspect they'll be upset to find out it sure didn't do KC any favors!

I've wondered this for months:

When George does that fast-blinky-thing with his eyes, does that mean he's lying? It seems to coincide with some lies, and he doesn't seem to be able to control it.

My ex-husband was a pathological liar. He would lie when he had no reason whatsoever to lie and when confronted by it, would just smile and tell ANOTHER lie, as if I would believe the next far-fetched one and completely forget the far-fetched one he just told me.

Anyway, he did the blinky thing like you would not BELIEVE! If his eyelashes had been longer, he would have taken FLIGHT! He did not believe he did it, but his fluttering eyelids telegraphed his lies louder than a jackhammer and faster than a hummingbird.

ETA: It makes me wonder what my OWN tells are when I'm being evasive or nervous.

OMG! I almost fell off my chair when George said he was mistaken about the date he chased KC in his car - it was April or May, not June!!!!! :eek:

How do these lies help Caylee? Oh, wait a minute, they don't but they might help KC in the long run. Help her get away with murdering George's beloved granddaughter.

There are no words..........

But they WON'T help Casey. At ALL.

What did they give to George during the break ? He toned down dramatically.

I wonder they didn't give whatever it was to him before the depo started ?

ETA: He was chewing gum at the end of the depo - must be a huge stress reliever for all of them.

Maybe someone read him his rights during the break and he realized that being in a deposition was the same as being in court. It seemed at first that he seemed to think this was simply a meeting of some kind where what he said didn't really matter -- what were they going to do if he lied, arrest him? Uh, YEAH.

I have held up for George and made excuses for his behavior throughout this whole thing but no more. His behavior today during the depo made me sick. He acted so arrogant and snippy. There for a while he thought that he was running the depo and that he could dictate what he would answer and what he wouldn't. His attorney wasn't any better.

His attorney kept bringing up what a rough time George has had and that he was grieving and needed empathy, etc. Well sorry George, but that doesn't play a part in a depo. You have to answer questions that are asked of you regardless of how heart broken you are. You just determine to answer what is asked and get it over with. I've been there but God knows I didn't act like George Anthony. He was just disgusting and he lied throughout the whole thing. That was foolish of him.

He is on my poop list right along with his wife and daughter. I saw a side of him that I really dislike. I hope he gets all that he has coming to him when he testifys at the trial. Maybe he will remember that he is under oath then cause he sure didn't today.

Songline, did you just listen and not watch? If you watch, George was combative from the very first second of the depo, and acted like a little child throwing a temper tantrum because he doesn't want to do what he is told. His facial expressions, arrogance and overall demeanor are just horrible. I actually feel embarrassed for him, and wonder if he went home and watched the way he acted and was ashamed of himself. I would be.

Sadly, he probably watched it and thought: "I showed THEM!"

Just thinking about GA recanting his earlier testimony in regards to the "Car Chase"

Obviously discussed and rehearsed with CA. Both told the same NEW story!

Why that incident? What makes the Ants think it is important enough to deny? If true it did not seem to be that important? Perhaps we are missing something that this incident reveals?

From what I can remember of the previous thread on the subject there seemed little doubt from ez pass data that GA DID do a high speed dash down the highway. Not confirmed for CA car, but I think the proposed explanation that it was AL's jeep that KC was driving seemed to have a lot of merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie