2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe I forgot to comment on the A's chewing their cud!!!! How stupid of me!! I live on a farm and the animals I own have more manners about chewing than the A's showed.

I know there are some people on this site that were not raised in America or that were home schooled, but isn't that one of the first things a person learns in school?? NO CHEWING GUM BECAUSE IT'S RUDE AND GROSS!!!

Seriously, it bothered me a little.

Had I been taking the depos - I would have made a point to ask that they both spit out their gum, as it would make it easier for the court reporter to understand their answers.......:)

Z-A-N-Y would be 'pro-NUN-CIATED' zay-ni (zay rhyming with say) according to basic English pronunciation rules. The one n would call for a long-A. Zanni would be 'pro-nun-CIATED' with short A (Zanni rhyming with fanny.) Funny for George to lecture the lawyer on pronunciation using the word 'pro-nun-ciated' using a spelling that calls for the same long A the lawyer was using.

Yep, I noticed the tan too. He looked to me like he's enjoying a life of leisure with the profits he's making from Caylee's death and thinks we should worship him like a celebrity because he's now got money. I sure hope LE charges this family soon and they have to stop profitting from Caylee's death.

I thought he got the tan on the maiden voyage of the bass boat.

Seemed to me that John Morgan badgered and tormented Geo. A.

EXACTLY!!!! This whole defamation lawsuit is a joke!! Mr. Morgan & Co. were delving into the criminal case.. most of the questions had NOTHING to do with Ms. ZG's case and everything to do with Casey's criminal trial. Both Cindy and George told them that this woman was not the ZFG, that her name was not even Fernandez, that she did not fit the description Casey gave. Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman. It should have ended right there. Instead, they kept badgering. These people have not been able to deal with the fact that their granddaughter is dead... they should not have been put through this!! Mr. Morgan should be ASHAMED of himself!! Let him take it to a judge.. let the judge read the transcript and watch the videotape of these depositions... he would probably throw this case out of court!!
I listened to the TH attornies on JVM last night and they all agreed... this was wrong and should never have been allowed. Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license.. he is a very poor attorney, IMO.
GOOD FOR GEORGE FOR LOSING HIS TEMPER!! GOOD FOR CINDY FOR LOSING HER TEMPER!! It's time somebody stood up for them and stopped this whole danged circus!!

Hi everyone... I am going to disagree with everyone here a little bit. This is just my opinion and I mean no disrespect, so please be gentle with me. I think this comes from my "hippie" days (in the 90's lol), about questioning authority, so please forgive me here.

While I do think that he and CA both went into these depos with a lot of attitude, and I agree that the attorney was being nice, I have to agree with CA and GA somewhat because I do not understand some of the questions being asked. I too don't see the relevance in some of these things, and I didn't see a need to keep pushing for answers when they clearly stated "I don't know". To me, that is a problem, and I think the attorneys were somewhat "gloating" which is unprofessional and wrong.

I am not saying I agree with or support the A's, but I can see issues on both sides with the depos today. I think I also still somewhat sympathize with them for their loss. Now here is a statement that will really get me in trouble: I DO think this lawsuit is frivolous. I think ZG should PROVE that she has been denied jobs, housing, etc. as a direct result of the A's actions and not something else.

If ZG has a poor job history, or any other issues, can she accurately say that her own actions aren't to blame? I don't really know, so I am not accusing or anything... just throwing it out there. On my soapbox for two seconds, I think there are a lot of frivolous lawsuits in this country, and I somewhat think that ZG is among all the others trying to make a quick buck over this tragedy, UNLESS she can PROVE the results. (off sopabox)

I am also concerned because the attorneys basically admitted that they are concerned with the criminal murder case as well. Aren't they hired by ZG? They shouldn't have any interest in the murder case at all. Can someone with legal knowledge answer if this is double jeopardy or in any way reflects on the criminal suit? I am reminded of the civil case against OJ, and I am wondering if these attorneys plan on filing something of that nature.

I agree with much of what you say, except I don't think ZFG's lawsuit is frivolous. Everyone is going to connect her with this case, from now on. She probably can prove she's been inconvenienced by it all. She has baggage that she did not create herself, and I think her lawsuit has merit.

Had I been taking the depos - I would have made a point to ask that they both spit out their gum, as it would make it easier for the court reporter to understand their answers.......:)

Cindy just chomps away. Chomp, chomp, chomp.

EXACTLY!!!! This whole defamation lawsuit is a joke!! Mr. Morgan & Co. were delving into the criminal case.. most of the questions had NOTHING to do with Ms. ZG's case and everything to do with Casey's criminal trial. Both Cindy and George told them that this woman was not the ZFG, that her name was not even Fernandez, that she did not fit the description Casey gave. Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman. It should have ended right there. Instead, they kept badgering. These people have not been able to deal with the fact that their granddaughter is dead... they should not have been put through this!! Mr. Morgan should be ASHAMED of himself!! Let him take it to a judge.. let the judge read the transcript and watch the videotape of these depositions... he would probably throw this case out of court!!
I listened to the TH attornies on JVM last night and they all agreed... this was wrong and should never have been allowed. Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license.. he is a very poor attorney, IMO.
GOOD FOR GEORGE FOR LOSING HIS TEMPER!! GOOD FOR CINDY FOR LOSING HER TEMPER!! It's time somebody stood up for them and stopped this whole danged circus!!

IMO, it's time for Cindy and George to stand up for Cayle and stop protecting her murderer. It would be nice if they could also have a little compassion for ZFG whom their daughter has drawn into this whole dreadful mess rather than chomping away on their gun while copping an attitude with ZFG's lawyers.

Oi, again, the lawyer used that term, 'reaching out.'

I disagree to some extent...A lot of the questions go to the statements that Casey made to LE in the beginning of the investigation. This was all pinned on Zanny the nanny who was at Sawgrass Apartments. So, it's logical that he would ask things about where Casey worked (since she was supposed to be able to come up with the $ to pay said nanny), who paid the nanny, etc. Some of the questions, about the remains of Caylee and the smell in the trunk did take it too far but I don't agree with the way George responded. Have some class. And when he said that he didn't appreciate that the attorney was giving him the finger, I think it pointed to just how far away from reality these people are. They are sticking together because the things that are now bonding them are their huge delusions of persecution. It's an us versus them mentality. They just can't let themselves "go there" and believe that Casey was responsible for Caylee's death. It's really a shame because at some point, reality will set in...or they'll go insane. All of this, of course, just my opinion.
:waitasec:

"Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman."

Casey told Cindy that she was NEVER SHOWN any photographs. The lawyers questioning Cindy made a point of that.

The Anthonys were not asked any questions in these depositions that anyone else under the circumstances would not have been asked. There is a purpose for depositions and there are rules for depositions. The Morgan attorneys obviously know those rules much better than the Anthony's attorney did.

And yes, George did back down when the Morgan attorneys mentioned that if they had to go to the judge they would be seeking fees - meaning George and Cindy would be made liable for all attorney fees.

My take after reading both George and Cindy's transcripts: 1.) They were NOT at all properly prepared for depositions by their attorney. A good attorney will tell you to answer "Yes, No, or I don't know" and then SHUT UP! 2.) Both were obviously lying through their gum at times 3.) One is nutsier than the other 4.) I hope George doesn't have any firearms anymore (statistically those who will commit suicide will also often commit homicide)

Question: George made a big, big point during the depo of "correcting" the time frame for the "I followed Casey while she was driving her mother's car". What was his story to LE on when this ORIGINALLY supposedly happened? I know that when LE examined his EPass they found that the story did not match up with the EPass records.

I am not getting why he would have put this out there to LE in the first place.

If these people make it to the witness stand, the other side, in whatever case, increases their odds of winning because they are such unpleasant and unsympathetic characters.

We are all entitled to our opinions and I'll just leave it at that.

My middle finger is my mouse finger on my laptop. I wonder how he acts in an internet cafe.

Your post made me lol. I don't know why anything shocks me anymore in this case but when George accused JM of giving him the middle finger I was stunned. When JM said he wasn't trying to flip him the bird and he would use his pinky from now on to push up his glasses so he wouldn't offend him...pure insanity. Go JM!

Your post made me lol. I don't know why anything shocks me anymore in this case but when George accused JM of giving him the middle finger I was stunned. When JM said he wasn't trying to flip him the bird and he would use his pinky from now on to push up his glasses so he wouldn't offend him...pure insanity. Go JM!

I Know people who think they are clever that do that intentionally. George is a bit paranoid though imo.

It is absolutely laughable that the Anthony's can claim to know what ZFG looks like, the have never met the woman, seen no pictures, and most importantly are basing their assumption purely on KC's word. Nevermind that they themselves acknowledge that ZFG may be code for someone else who was watching Caylee. Pair that with on one hand wanting to believe that this ZFG has been ruled out when KC did not identify her in a line-up, and on the other sticking by their daughter when she claims a line-up never took place. Casey has not helped her cause, nor have her lawyers by claiming a counter suit and refusing to expressedly clear this woman.

I Know people who think they are clever that do that intentionally. George is a bit paranoid though imo.

The only people I know who might even try that, would be around 14 years old. Not a well respected attorney.

IMO, the ZFG civil case, and the murder charges against Casey Anthony go hand in hand, and JM has every reason to ask questions laterally. Casey Anthony accused ZFG of kidnapping her child, whom eventually was found murdered. She was setting ZFG up for KIDNAPPING and MURDER charges.

"Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman."

Casey told Cindy that she was NEVER SHOWN any photographs. The lawyers questioning Cindy made a point of that.

The Anthonys were not asked any questions in these depositions that anyone else under the circumstances would not have been asked. There is a purpose for depositions and there are rules for depositions. The Morgan attorneys obviously know those rules much better than the Anthony's attorney did.

And yes, George did back down when the Morgan attorneys mentioned that if they had to go to the judge they would be seeking fees - meaning George and Cindy would be made liable for all attorney fees.

My take after reading both George and Cindy's transcripts: 1.) They were NOT at all properly prepared for depositions by their attorney. A good attorney will tell you to answer "Yes, No, or I don't know" and then SHUT UP! 2.) Both were obviously lying through their gum at times 3.) One is nutsier than the other 4.) I hope George doesn't have any firearms anymore (statistically those who will commit suicide will also often commit homicide)

Question: George made a big, big point during the depo of "correcting" the time frame for the "I followed Casey while she was driving her mother's car". What was his story to LE on when this ORIGINALLY supposedly happened? I know that when LE examined his EPass they found that the story did not match up with the EPass records.

I am not getting why he would have put this out there to LE in the first place.
I'm no huge BC fan, but in all fairness, the Anthonys have not shown themselves to have any self-control; they could have been prepared for trial by Atticus Finch, Clarence Darrow, and Perry Mason and still have seethed and sputtered and come undone. I don't think we can pin that on BC--they're simply loose cannons. (They will be alternately amusing and infuriating to observe if they ever make it to the stand in a courtroom.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa