2009.04.09 Cindy's Deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just checking as to whether or not I've missed something ....... I do not recall ever hearing/seeing the information, relative to phone records, CA is speaking of below ........

5 Q Okay. Now, if the psychic didn't tell him
6 this, someone else would have, true? If the tip didn't
7 come from the psychic, the tip --
8 A I think the sheriff's department already
9 established it was the psychic through her phone records
10 and his phone records and she's also come to the
11 sheriff's department and told hem or smoke en with them.
12 So my understanding it is Jeanette because she's already
13 given her records and Dominic's his records voluntarily
14 to Sergeant Allen and Nick Savage to verify that indeed
15 it matches the time on the time stamp of the video that
16 Mr. Hoover took.

I wonder how many phone calls were between CA and the psychic before the remains were looked for. CA is up to her very expressive lying eyebrows in this one too. It was stated DC has three phones.

This has been a horrible ordeal that GA and CA have lost their grand daughter whom they loved very much!! BUT, they need to put justice for Caylee #1 on their list of things to do for her. They both gave different answers to the same questions regarding Casey and what they "BOTH" should have know in their day to day life with her. The fact that they both had an attitude with this depo speaks volumes. I think they are both about to blow and they will be very interesting to watch on the stand!!

If they could only put Caylee #1 in their lives and make sure there is "Justice for Caylee" and no one else.

RIP Caylee, you are America's angel!!

I have been disposed in a number of cases, and there is no reason to get angry unless you have something to hide and are being caught. That is what many attorney's count on to determine if someone is lying.

First, you NEVER ask questions of the attorney who called the deposition, you just answer the questions as simply as possible. You do not elaborate with long tales like Cindy, Lee and George did. (their attorney either did not prep them well,or they would not adhere to his instructions)

The preferred way is a simple yes or no. If they want additional information, let them ask specific questions and then you answer them again yes or no.

You never "threaten" an opposing attorney like Cindy did on a number of occasions. This shows ill intent and can come back to haunt you later.

You never curse, or call anyone names. That is not only uncivil, but indicative of poor character and does not set well with juries when heard in a trial.

Cindy is almost a textbook case in this one of what NEVER to do in a deposition. When I see her doing these things, it makes me wonder, like I did in the beginning, if she really wanted rid of KC and maybe even Caylee.

This has been a horrible ordeal that GA and CA have lost their grand daughter whom they loved very much!! BUT, they need to put justice for Caylee #1 on their list of things to do for her. They both gave different answers to the same questions regarding Casey and what they "BOTH" should have know in their day to day life with her. The fact that they both had an attitude with this depo speaks volumes. I think they are both about to blow and they will be very interesting to watch on the stand!!

If they could only put Caylee #1 in their lives and make sure there is "Justice for Caylee" and no one else.

RIP Caylee, you are America's angel!!

I absolutely agree with you. The one person who can provide ALL the answers is Casey. Casey is the one person who can put an end to this entire pathetic melodrama.

Okay, just checking as to whether or not I've missed something ....... I do not recall ever hearing/seeing the information, relative to phone records, CA is speaking of below ........

5 Q Okay. Now, if the psychic didn't tell him
6 this, someone else would have, true? If the tip didn't
7 come from the psychic, the tip --
8 A I think the sheriff's department already
9 established it was the psychic through her phone records
10 and his phone records
and she's also come to the
11 sheriff's department and told hem or smoke en with them.
12 So my understanding it is Jeanette because she's already
13 given her records and Dominic's his records voluntarily
14 to Sergeant Allen and Nick Savage to verify that indeed
15 it matches the time on the time stamp of the video that
16 Mr. Hoover took.

That was all made up and she is trying to cover up WHO was really talking to him. I believed it was Baez, but from this lie, I am now wondering if it was her or Lee. We have never seen HER phone records.

If they are so sure there is another Zanny why have the made NO effort to find her. She is in a jail cell is why. They know it is another BS story.

I'm curious if these statements made in the depo will enter into KCs trial, for instance if her defense continues to be "Zanny the Nanny", who can JB put on the stand to help solidify that there is a Zanny the Nanny? There are only three people that I know of - GA, CA, and LA. LA has been stratched off the list thanks to his video taped convo with TL admitting that he has never heard of Zanny until KC told him after the fact - so GA & CA are left and once either one of them takes the stand and so much as insinuates/hints that there is/was a Zanny the Nanny, the proscecution will pound them with questions about what they did or what they hired their PI (DC) do in an effort to find Zanny the Nanny...I think JB better start thinking up a better defense because he doesn't have one credible person to call on who can offer anything that even remotely lends to the possibility of a Zanny the Nanny.
JMOO

I've only gotten through part 1 for Cindy's depo and I think she held it together fairly well. I was expecting something completely different from previous posts but to my surprise she came across no different than anyone else being deposed by opposing counsel that I have seen.

The questions are tedious and the manner in which they question are very leading as it is designed to be that way. I could see how she could be frustrated.

Seriously? No disrespect intended aqua mom, I love a good debate. In over 30 years in the legal field I have never, ever, seen anyone behave like CA & GA did during their deposition. Not even during the most difficult of wrongful death suits or child custody battles involving child abuse ever got this ugly this fast and for this long. They are not even the named party to this suit. Why the defensiveness? Right out of the gate? I can definately see why she would be frustrated. No one likes to be exposed as being (fill in the blank with your perception)....

what will be interesting is the aftermath... if ca is charged with obstruction of justice would that be a felony? ... if so she could possibly lose her nursing license! .... and then we would have another episode of "the liars"...
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nursing board in Florida has already put a stipulation on her returning to work, per a psychological evaluation. Not that I believe she will return to work as a nurse, it looks like she and George are intent on jumping into the missing child arena. Any reputable missing child organization, IMO, wouldn't let either of them make coffee or even take out the trash, given what we have seen since Caylee's disappearance and murder.

As to the possible charges, I hope OCSO knows by now how "cooperative" these people plan on being. I hope they charge all of them, with whatever they can. Caylee deserved better than this, they could care less about justice for their Grandchild's murder, they have tried since day one to derail the investigation, I have not one ounce of symapathy for any of them anymore.

I wonder how many phone calls were between CA and the psychic before the remains were looked for. CA is up to her eyebrows in this one too.

I, too, wonder about calls between she & the psychic. I felt she definitely was distancing herself from this woman - but, wasn't it said somewhere awhile back, she had provided this woman with a teddy bear having belonged to Caylee?

It's obvious the Ant's have screwed themselves. There were problems with KC taking money and they refuse to answer those questions in these depos. Seems incredible they believed she had a job and paid a babysitter AND took money from them. They could not have been that oblivious to what was happening leading up to Caylee's murder. I think they knew she wasn't working but out partying.

Now they are shaking in their shoes because they knew KC was a liar and a thief. They must feel terrible but it is time for them to get honest. KC is a selfish spoiled user.

I have been disposed in a number of cases, and there is no reason to get angry unless you have something to hide and are being caught. That is what many attorney's count on to determine if someone is lying.

First, you NEVER ask questions of the attorney who called the deposition, you just answer the questions as simply as possible. You do not elaborate with long tales like Cindy, Lee and George did. (their attorney either did not prep them well,or they would not adhere to his instructions)

The preferred way is a simple yes or no. If they want additional information, let them ask specific questions and then you answer them again yes or no.

You never "threaten" an opposing attorney like Cindy did on a number of occasions. This shows ill intent and can come back to haunt you later.

You never curse, or call anyone names. That is not only uncivil, but indicative of poor character and does not set well with juries when heard in a trial.

Cindy is almost a textbook case in this one of what NEVER to do in a deposition. When I see her doing these things, it makes me wonder, like I did in the beginning, if she really wanted rid of KC and maybe even Caylee.

ITA. I have been deposed/testified a few times, as an expert witness, and while I am a very wordy person in real life, LOL, I have been told I am a dream witness (for the side I am on, LOL, the first time the attorney was actually concerned I would be too expansive!) as it is be polite, answer only what is asked in as simple a manner as possible. I find it astounding that BC didn't prepare them.

And I agree about wondering if she wants KC convicted. It seems like that is the only thing that would make her (and GA's) behavior make sense. Maybe they think they will get rid of their problem child and continue to ride the grieving grandparents gravy train.

I've only gotten through part 1 for Cindy's depo and I think she held it together fairly well. I was expecting something completely different from previous posts but to my surprise she came across no different than anyone else being deposed by opposing counsel that I have seen.

The questions are tedious and the manner in which they question are very leading as it is designed to be that way. I could see how she could be frustrated.

Hey aqua! Check with us again after you see the remaining 3 parts and let us know if you still feel the same...it's doubtful, because Cindy got worse and worse as the tapes rolled...:bang:

bold=me ............ Oh, is that why they appear so heavy & drawn downward, from the pull of the chit creeping swirling upward?

I, too, wonder about calls between she & the psychic. I felt she definitely was distancing herself from this woman - but, wasn't it said somewhere awhile back, she had provided this woman with a teddy bear having belonged to Caylee?

That must be it...LOL

I am sure if they look back they would find some long conversations between them.

GA & CA both must have dicussed the perfect 10 comment. George stated the same thing in a slightly more gentle manner but it was still a slam dunk insult on his part against zenaida (and I thought that before I saw cindy's).

How long do you think it takes CA to put her jewelry on each day?

Do you think Brad was sitting there thinking, how did i get wrapped up in this mess?

Ok I just looked at the guest card again, and it is filled out not by Zeniada herself, but by the apartment leasing agent, so whatever Cindy was so excited about was silly. Zenaida Gonzalez does indeed sign her police statement Zeniada Gonzalez, not "C Zenida Gonzale"

When I am tired or in a hurry I often write sloppy or make mistakes, so the fact that the leasing agent got the name wrong is irrelevant. Brad should have told them, FOCUS, FOCUS, be the epitome of good upstanding people grieving for your granddaughter, stay calm when you don't want to answer, I will object for you. Be the George and Cindy America empathized with at the memorial. He also should have told them it is 100% certain that they will be asked detailed questions that relate to the criminal case, and for the most part they do have to answer. He set them up for a huge failure if they were under the impression they could point, say it is not her and go home. He probably tried, but they only hear what they want to hear, right. They stormed out and left him behind in his wheelchair. That made me mad. They are so selfish they forgot about Brad.

I wonder how much longer it will be before he bails on them.

This thought has crossed my mind so many, many times and after yesterday, it's somewhat cemented in my mind.

bold=me ............ Oh, is that why they appear so heavy & drawn downward, from the pull of the chit creeping swirling upward?

Yes it was interesting that in this depo she couldn't really remember Ginette's last name, but was communicating with her regularly, sent a teddy bear....please !

Hi Turbo! I bolded your comment because I made a similar comments months ago and boy did I get the stink-eye from a couple WS'rs! Yet what I stated has definately come to fruition. The memory of Caylee has already been forgotten from this case, other than when GA uses it to martry himself and get out of difficult questions. Love your post.qq22q

I agree I too have been depo and you are absolutely correct! Those attorneys were much more sympathic than the ones I have been questioned by... GA and CA have no idea what they maybe in for when this goes to trial and they are under a judge's thumb and in juries eyes... dumb dumb dumb!:eek:

I am freaking out over a few things that Cindy stated during her depo - the most haunting to me is Zanny's white dog.

The other three pieces that really freak me out are:

1. That Cindy had addresses (or she claimed) of ZFG - I am dying to know if these correspond to any of KC's friends, specifically Ricardo (where we know she stayed with Caylee).

2. The Straightening hair iron that KC told her mother that Zanny gave to her - is there a friend that could come forward and say that they gave it to KC? I would have loved LE to ask all of her friends (Amy, Annie, all of the females) if they ever gave KC a hair straightener.

3. The airbag - I never saw LE interviews asking anyone if KC ever brought an airbag for Caylee when they stayed overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms