2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP - "That is school boy stuff or worse. I honestly think that is a bona fide symptom of psychological problem?"

I Totally Agree!!!!

From what I understand all of the A family has said that this Zenaida is not the "one", all but Casey, she has refused to issue that simple statement. Obviously she is keeping her options open for the trial, she might just need to use "this" Zenaida as a scaepgoat. George, Cindy and Lee have information about what lead up to the disappearance and murder of Caylee. If JM can prove who killed Caylee then that clears his client, ZG. Considering the fact that Casey will NOT say this Zenaida was not the one who took Caylee, I think all of the questions were appropriate, Casey won't clear her, so Zenaida's attorney's will.

Well said. Zenaida is actually fighting for her life here I think. While there is a money amount attached to this suit, I don't think that is her purpose for filing suit since obviously, KC doesn't have any money. ZG wants/needs her name cleared so that she isn't implicated in the criminal case. I think JM was very wise to advise her to file suit to protect herself. All the questions in the depositions needed to be asked to further this end but if JM can't prove who DID kill Caylee then it's KC herself that has to be the one to clear her. I have to say, looking at this whole situation from Zenaida's position, she must be very afraid she will be blamed for something she had no part in. Of course, of that is just my layman's opinion... I'm not a lawyer and I don't even play one on TV :curtsey:

Not a lawyer, but, since ZG was accused of kidnapping and subsequently murdering Caylee, then I would think that any question related to Caylee's kidnapping and murder would be relevant.

I do, too. And really, they did all tie in with Z being conected.

I agree that ZG has every right to clear her name.

I'm actually amazed that she lost her job. If everyone pretty much agrees that Casey lied.. and made up Zanny the nanny.. WHO in their right mind actually fired her as though it COULD have been her?

Just amazes me actually.

I disagree ... if I lost my job because I was accused of this I would call that injustice, if I was greeted by LE coming out of Target with my children I would call that injustice, if I no longer had a place of my own because of this and had to live in Motel 6's I would call that injustice, if the mother of the accused went on TV and didnt clarify that I was not the ZG then I would call that injustice, since I did not know anyone that is involved, therefore how would I defend myself, I would call that injustice.... YES she has RIGHTS and I take my hat off to her for if she didnt stand up, we are all opened to be accused of murder and be in her position!

TRUE! Maybe some of the posters should take a step back and put themselves in ZG's shoes. She just went along living her life, then one day - boom - she happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and, subsequently, lost her job and had people questioning if she is a kidnapper/murderer. I would be pi**ed and probably do the same thing but sue for more. Her life may not be ruined for the rest of her life, but she does have kids to care for and because of KC her ability to do this decreased so much.

I also don't think that the attorney was rude or obnoxious. GA on the other hand was so childish it was disgusting. Just go there and say yes or no but don't be a big baby about it. How many adults make fun of someone for how they pronounce things or complain that someone is giving the finger? For crying out loud, I would have snapped right back at him after all his comments - but maybe that is what he was looking for. The attorney had very good control of himself and a lot of patience with GA. I think he did have some type of compassion for him because he could have made the whole situation a lot more cold and stressful with his questioning and how he handle the whole situation. What I think would make a point is if he foregoes his fees and lets it be known. He tried to tell GA how he was there for justice and not an ambulance chaser but GA did not want to hear it. I kind of hope JM gives up his commission for this to prove he is there for justice and not money. JMO though.

From the get go BC is trying to offer George hints, Brad tells him that he can answer that he doesn't know, regarding the question as to how often Casey worked. I think George's EGO was too large to allow him to say..I don't know. He looks ridiculous telling an experienced attorney that he doesn't think the questions are relevant...I wonder if BC was blind sided by his clients behavior ?

I posted about this a while ago in this topic. I completely agree! I thought the attorneys were badgering him, asking him the same stuff over and over again. I mean this is a guy who recently tried to commit suicide for crying out loud.

they were just questions. remember the old saying "sticks and stones"? :waitasec: and Georgie was more than capable of being an adult as he demonstrated after he took his "time out". So I can only conclude that his little hissy fit was an act.

With all due respect, I am not ignorant of the judicial system, and I realize that there are two separate cases (actually more than that, if you count all the criminal ones). I DO take issue with some of the judicial process, HOWEVER, in this situation I mostly take issue with the attorney. I have friends who are attorneys and wouldn't even touch a case like this.

I am not "slamming the attorneys" for doing their jobs, but rather for doing their jobs in an unethical and disrespectful manner in my opinion. Remember the attorney has the right to turn down the client or the case and they should have (my opinion). This case for ZG should never have been pursued. This is ambulance chasing at its finest, again in my opinion.

I apologize if you thought by my post that I was saying or implying that anyone here was ignorant of the judicial system. That was not my intention at all. It just appeared to me that most of the posts my post was directed at, really were directed at the legal process at issue. I think you are correct that most attorneys would not touch this case. That's because they would be putting thousands of hours of time in and would not be able to recoup any of it. This isn't exactly a money making scenario for the lawyers. They would also would be subject to scrutiny in the media and on internet forums - a lose, lose situation. Many years ago I specialized in defamation cases and they are very difficult cases to handle. The bottom line is, one doesn't realize how important their name is to them until they lose it. Once your good name is lost it is very difficult, if not impossible to get it back. Human nature is such that everyone remembers the accusatory headlines but never the tiny blurb of a retraction. I don't think anyone living in Florida now would want the name ZG, I know I wouldn't. This is something that is going to dog her for the rest of her life, you can bet on it.

I think those who are none too pleased with the lawsuit going forward and with the attorneys taking the As' depositions, really are taking exception with the legal system. First, there are two lawsuits here: ZG vs KC, and KC v ZG. They are separate lawsuits that are proceeding together. Even if ZG dropped her lawsuit, KC's separate lawsuit against ZG would still exist. You can't sue someone and then simultaneously ask the court to stay a civil lawsuit you filed pending the outcome of your criminal trial. Actually you can, but it would fall upon deaf ears, as it apparently has here. I don't see KC dropping her own lawsuit. Secondly, the attorneys are entitled to ask witnesses questions pertaining to their defense of that lawsuit which they did here. Third, the most important part of the discovery in any action is getting the witness' testimony while it is fresh. Everyone's memory fades with time. There is no question that the criminal trial is at least a year away to begin with and will be a lengthy trial. It would not be fair to all the litigants, ZG or KC, to wait that long to obtain witness testimony. Fourth, as far as the As being witnesses, yes, initially through no fault of their own, they became witnesses. However, they also took a very active role in speaking to the media--which they did not have to do. In that role, they blamed the nanny--they blamed ZG, and very specifically, they did not exonerate this ZG in the media. The attorneys are entitled to ask about it.
If you notice, their attorney was not objecting to the questions asked. He had no grounds to do so. Finally, relevancy is not a proper objection to a deposition question. Those are the rules of civil discovery. If you don't like it, then you have to ask the legislature to change it--not slam the attorneys for doing their jobs.

I never would expect ZG to drop her case no,no,no;
poor thing has been taken through the ringer and for no reason.
she should be doing exactly what she is doing and get her name cleared.

I still say that the attorney who interviewed the A's was also less then civilized
I could not stand him for one minute.
I am never suggesting that the case should not go through. IT HAS TO.
The civil case has the right to clear ZG.
The A's attorney was objecting when it crossed over to the criminal case,
GA had a right not to reply to questions that had nothing to do with ZG civil case.
GA could have and should have taken a volume and quietly said Yes, no, I do not know, or whatever,
He would have definitely looked better had he done it all with no attitude.
AND YES he can reply to what he felt was civil case and not reply to what he knew was crossing over.
His attitude was not good. but the case had to be presented, and I have no issue with that case going forward.

TRUE! Maybe some of the posters should take a step back and put themselves in ZG's shoes. She just went along living her life, then one day - boom - she happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and, subsequently, lost her job and had people questioning if she is a kidnapper/murderer. I would be pi**ed and probably do the same thing but sue for more. Her life may not be ruined for the rest of her life, but she does have kids to care for and because of KC her ability to do this decreased so much.

I also don't think that the attorney was rude or obnoxious. GA on the other hand was so childish it was disgusting. Just go there and say yes or no but don't be a big baby about it. How many adults make fun of someone for how they pronounce things or complain that someone is giving the finger? For crying out loud, I would have snapped right back at him after all his comments - but maybe that is what he was looking for. The attorney had very good control of himself and a lot of patience with GA. I think he did have some type of compassion for him because he could have made the whole situation a lot more cold and stressful with his questioning and how he handle the whole situation. What I think would make a point is if he foregoes his fees and lets it be known. He tried to tell GA how he was there for justice and not an ambulance chaser but GA did not want to hear it. I kind of hope JM gives up his commission for this to prove he is there for justice and not money. JMO though.

How are GA and CA living right now? Off of a dead baby if I remember correctly. The Caylee well will dry up and it may not be so easy to find a job using her memory anymore. ZG should get more. She is totally innocent in this whole mess. For those that think she is wrong just be happy you were not at those apartments that day. Could have been any of us.

I agree that ZG has every right to clear her name.

I'm actually amazed that she lost her job. If everyone pretty much agrees that Casey lied.. and made up Zanny the nanny.. WHO in their right mind actually fired her as though it COULD have been her?

Just amazes me actually.

It was the press hounding her at work is why she was fired. No employer wants that kind of mess at a business.

I really never would expect ZG to drop her case no,no,no; poor thing has been taken through the ringer and for no reason. she should be doing exactly what she is doing and get her name cleared.

IMHO I still say that the attorney who interviewed the A's was also less then civilized I could not stand him for one minute.
I am never suggesting that the case should not go through.
The civil case has the right to clear ZG.
Their attorney was objecting when it crossed over to the criminal case, GA had a right not to reply at all to those questions. He would have at least looked better had he done with no attitude at all.

He did a great job! If you have been in court on several cases from being a juror, a witness, a plantiff, etc thats who you want in your corner as an attorney ..... patient at times but keeping relentlessly forward ..... asking the same question to you maybe, several different ways, but they are looking for a simple part of the equation ..... Furthermore, BC was NOT doing his job and did not realize that ZG's attorneys had every right to ask any question they wanted ..... BC is the one in real trouble here ..... I am not to sure that he was correct with his objections .... and it was obvious he could not control his clients....

Not a lawyer, but, since ZG was accused of kidnapping and subsequently murdering Caylee, then I would think that any question related to Caylee's kidnapping and murder would be relevant.

IMO clearing her name was what this case was about.
the criminal case is about who killed Caylee. and that is scheduled for another date.
I am sure ZG's attorney did not think that he he can or will solve a case that has been on going for many months.
In my opinion he was at least badgering, but mostly he was looking for his 15 minuets of fame.

I believe and correct me if my memory is failing me, but ZG is also currently going through a divorce and has 5 children to care for.... Give me some input on this please...

What we all have to remember here is the name of the game is to represent your client...This isnt a popularity game here... I have never heard anyone say "OH they are such a nice attorney and so pleasant to everyone" especially in law sues...

I believe and correct me if my memory is failing me, but ZG is also currently going through a divorce and has 5 children to care for.... Give me some input on this please...
Who cares and how is it relevant?

Don't mean to be abrasive but really, so what? Has she killed one of her children?

MOO

Who cares and how is it relevant?

Don't mean to be abrasive but really, so what? Has she killed one of her children?

MOO
No would say alot that shes is also going through other hardships in her life as the Anthonys and doesnt need this crap ....

No would say alot that shes is also going through other hardships in her life as the Anthonys and doesnt need this crap ....

I wouldn't compare anything to what the A's have gone through. I also somewhat agree with CA in that if this lady would have stayed off the news and just let this blow over, it would have. Everyone knows that she had nothing to do with this.

I wouldn't compare anything to what the A's have gone through. I also somewhat agree with CA in that if this lady would have stayed off the news and just let this blow over, it would have. Everyone knows that she had nothing to do with this.

Reply to what I made bold; Wow in a case that is this public, no way ZG could have stayed out of the news.
And if KC would have cleared this woman she would have gone away.
But no. Casey could not even do that right...:waitasec:
I have tried so hard to stand by them as parents and you are right that we cant compare anything to this heartbreak;
but some of it they are creating by not giving CAYLEE some respect too.
And stop shifting blame again - this lady did not ask to get dragged into this mess.
It is because of the news that she will be CLEAR AND CLEAN.

Seems like Cindy thinks that other peoples lives do not matter to much.

What we all have to remember here is the name of the game is to represent your client...
This isn't a popularity game here... I have never heard anyone say "OH they are such a nice attorney and so pleasant to everyone" especially in law sues...

Reply to what I made bold: I wish many attorneys would remember that too.
but as we all well know there are enough attorneys who take some cases
only because it will be a "high visibility case".
And many more attorneys take that 15 minuets of fame when the opportunity arises.
That is how it felt during GA's deposition. I also felt that GA was arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph