2009.04.22 & 2009.04.23 GA & CA Excl. Intvw: CBS The Early Show (Inc. Outtakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they tried to change their image in hopes that someone might give money to them - umm, their foundation. Too late in my eyes.

After reading comments on other sites, I found there are still some people out there who believe KC is innocent - most of them just can't accept a mother would murder her own child and party for a month. Maybe they'll ante up but I doubt the Anthony's will get enough to get it off the ground. I saw on the application they have a lot of directors - paid?

Could there be a document dump in the near future? I'm thinking they went to CBS (and lost Oprah) because they know something's about to break.

I wondered that too! Excellent point!

I never heard this before either. Could this have been mentioned so that the all important 6/24 gas can confrontation would take a back seat. I think that the A's would want everyone to forget about 6/24 (too much hink around it) and replace it with something that will put George in a better light. Also, it would act as verification for Cindy and Lee's statements. As I recall, George came home from work while Cindy was on the 911 call, is he saying that is when he confronted KC? He wouldn't have had much time, LE must have been swarming the house in short order.
You're right, on the 911 call CA is frantically telling GA "George, Caylee's missing!" and he is heard in the background saying "What?" and she repeats "Caylee's missing!" and that call was on 7/25/08.

My vote is wishful thinking...something I personally have given up doing when it comes to this whole family. They'll give me tidbits of hope that they finally care more about Caylee than Casey. Sadly then, they always seem to have snatch backed my hope with some ridicoulous statement or action. We saw who they REALLY are in those depos a week ago...angry, hostile, argumentative, perceiving themselves as superior victims of the lawyers, police, the public and even the innocent people their own daughter (who they doggedly support) sucked into this horrible mess. IMO, they are the people we saw sneering and snarling, telling one of their daughter's innocent victims that she's not a '10,' telling her lawyer that her experiences as a result of their daughter were frivolous.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Loved this post. Says what I feel. Thanks.

now moo .... i think they went on for the money honey and to get some sort of celebrity status (in their minds only). Neither one of them are working, so this is a means of supporting themselves.. Wonder if it will come out how much they were paid? And I wonder if they are raising money to fly DC down to PR to find that ZG?

I didn't watch the interview....I just couldn't stomach any more of their CYA tactics. It's not about Caylee with them...never was & never will be. I just do not understand how they can ignore all the evidence & spout off TV how great their daughter is. Don't they miss Caylee? Don't they miss her hugs & kisses? So so sad... :(

I may just go to Hell for this (I will pray later!) but my secret little hope is that CBS looks at any comments they receive about this SHAM of an exclusive interview and tell the A's that the second part of their interview will not be necessary, and to haul their arses back to Orlando.
I do not want to hear about the foundation, KFN or any other nonsense that falls from their lips. It is all tainted, in my opinion. The best thing they coulkd do for a family with a missing child is to STAY AWAY!!!!!

You're safe!

The 2nd part was already recorded right after what aired this morning - tomorrow they'll just run the tape. I agree it'll be all about the wonderful work they intend to do for missing children (which Caylee was not) and victims (which they are not, except for at the hands of their daughter.)

Oh and Cindy and George said there was no indication prior to July 15th that anything was wrong. I wonder why Cindy consulted a counselor and was threatening to take custody of Caylee then.
I totally agree, also why she would have Lee out in the wee morning hours trying to find KC. I noticed once again Cindy only wears the green pin no "Caylee" pin, yet George wears "Caylee" pin and no green for KC

Mmmm.

Did anyone get the sense that Cindy was starting to distance herself, in terms of who was responsible for the care of Caylee?

I know this may be out of left field, but could this I'm-just-the-grandmother / Casey-was-Caylee's-mum spin be to counter any defense plans to pin the tail on the grandma?

Okay, maybe not. As you were ....

I took this as the reason why she wasn't demanding to know where Caylee was before 31 days. 'Just' a grandma didn't need to know. KWIM?

My vote is wishful thinking...something I personally have given up doing when it comes to this whole family. They'll give me tidbits of hope that they finally care more about Caylee than Casey. Sadly then, they always seem to have snatch backed my hope with some ridicoulous statement or action. We saw who they REALLY are in those depos a week ago...angry, hostile, argumentative, perceiving themselves as superior victims of the lawyers, police, the public and even the innocent people their own daughter (who they doggedly support) sucked into this horrible mess. IMO, they are the people we saw sneering and snarling, telling one of their daughter's innocent victims that she's not a '10,' telling her lawyer in front of her that her experiences, the damage done to her good name, as a result of their daughter were frivolous and nothing to be upset about. I look at them and I look at KC. Said before, say it again. Chick didn't wander far from the chicken coop.

This is why I usually read the transcripts rather than watch interviews. It's hard for me to understand and accept how people can act the way they do. In an interview, it makes them seem more human and I want to be able to look at things from their point of view. With a written statement, the human factor is taken out and I can see them for who they are.

how do they look? any gum? how are they acting? thanks :)

It's shocking. They are acting like normal, rather likeable people. Cindy has greatly softened her voice and she smiles a little at all times. I know media training when I see it--I've had it.

How can they honestly be helping other people with missing/murdered children, when they, themselves, have yet to start helping Caylee.

I keep wondering who they possibly think they can help at this point...unless it's grandparents of grandchildren mudered by the grandparents' children who want to get their children off for murdering their grandchildren. How big a group is that really? And, frankly, why do they need help? They already got into denial by themselves, so what more could the Anthonys do?

Since tomorrow the A's are going to explain how they are helping other families in similar situations. I would love to tell the A's what sweet, precious Caylee went through in what were probably her last moments of life as the duct tape was placed across her mouth. Since I was in a similar situation, having duct tape placed across my eyes and mouth by my kidnapper, Caylee first felt the stickiness of the tape on her lips and nose. She was probably trying to breathe and hyper ventilated just a bit because it is almost impossible to catch her breathe. The smell of the glue on the tape is overwhelming as it goes past your throat and into your lungs. Hopefully, Caylee was able to move her mouth a little so that some of the tape would loosen so she could get a little bit of fresh air. Unfortunately, because of the out come I doubt that her tiny lips could loosen anything and she died. Shame on the A's and how about concentrating on justice for your granddaughter who suffered a fate that you can not even imagine going through. I couldn't even watch the video of the A's interview, they have no compassion for what Caylee went through it is all about what they went through. Guess what, I don't care what they went through! My only concern is justice for Caylee.

Thanks for sharing your story. I can't imagine the horror you or Caylee felt during her final minutes. I hope you can call NG and explain what it feels like to have duct tape placed over your mouth. Sometimes the heinous part of this murder gets lost with all of GA/CA's drama.

As for the interview, I can't believe the As continually spout off about THEIR pain. They never mention the horror and suffering that Caylee felt in her final minutes or the things she'll never experience (school, college, marriage, etc). They've never once begged for justice or the real killer to be found. "The truth will come out at trial" is nonsense. George admitted the trial was a year away. GA/CA are members of an organization to find missing children but they are willing to wait a YEAR for the truth. All the while a crazy baby killer is on the lose. I really wish these interviewers would ask real questions like, why wait a year for the truth to come out? The perp may kill more children? Don't you want the killer to pay for this crime now?

Snipped...

One thing that jumped out at me was they really didn't seem to be screaming that KC is innocent. To me, they came across as they would love their daughter know matter what but they want the truth. When asked if they would want KC punished if they found out she did it, the answer was they will have to wait and see what happens not they know she is innocent so that question is moot.

I thought the same thing. There was even a point blank question to GA and he sidestepped it. I have to rewatch to see what exactly he said. How long until the transcripts are out?

I hope that after this boring and uneventful interview (and the one tomorrow), CBS will come to the realization that these two have nothing of interest to say and not invite them back. I think that Oprah cancelled the interview, but not for the reason she's saying. I think she gave them a save face and CBS then picked them up, probably with the A's contacting them.

I didn't watch the interview....I just couldn't stomach any more of their CYA tactics. It's not about Caylee with them...never was & never will be. I just do not understand how they can ignore all the evidence & spout off TV how great their daughter is. Don't they miss Caylee? Don't they miss her hugs & kisses? So so sad... :(

I think that's what bothers me most too. How can they act, think, or do anything (even chew gum) and not be reminded of that little soul they were also supposed to care for, protect, love...

I can't even watch a video of that little girl smiling, playing, whatever and not ache.

On another note, let's say the truth comes out. What difference will it make to them? None I suppose. The truth they talk of is the truth they want to see. We all know that has no resemblance to reality.

Additionaly, the image they've painted in the last 10 months (almost) will not be offset by a softball interview. Impressions become files in folks' minds. It's going to take a heck of a lot more than this to get anyone to view this family in the light they think they deserve. I have a few hints for them: shut up, search for the REAL truth and accept it, and when you do speak; be the voice for that little girl.

O......M......G :eek:

Do they honestly think anyone believes what they say???????

After watching this interview I could'nt help thinking maybe Oprah
found the Anthonys were going to be in complete control of any questions
that would expose who they really were. They instead chose an interviewer
who allowed them to create their own false show.
I'll use Cindy's words in saying "wait till the trial". Then we will see what
kind of a mother Casey WAS NOT and how her family enabled her along the way.

The Anthony's are to be referred to as Anthony's, George, Cindy, CA, GA and in no other format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn