MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounds really stupid but I've got it in my mind that the perp, when he was fishing there previously, came up with the idea of having a concrete slab to sit or stand on. I've been fishing in spots were fishermen who were there before me fixed up little sitting areas using logs or rocks and, of course, we took advantage of them, just like Mr. Bickley utilized the concrete slab to stand on. I believe it's possible that the perp figured he could both dispose of the body and get himself a nice little fishing platform all at the same time.

I wish LE could have kept the discovery of the body quiet and watched that spot. I'm sure the perp have every intention of fishing there again.

I've always wondered why police don't stake out a fresh body for awhile to see if somebody comes back.

IIRC, the police found a fresh body under a bridge here in Rochester while the serial killings were happening. They then watched the area to see if anyone came back and to make a long story short that's how they caught Arthur Shawcross.

It seems that some of these guys repeat the thrill of the killing by coming back.

My sixth sense had a lot of help there. Attached are a couple of screen caps from the Google streetview cam.

It doesn't need Gale St. John to do a drive-by on this fishing spot. I can't take much credit.

No, that's not necessarily a fishing spot. Could be a cattle crossing.

I think you are right, Chilly. Makes me furious that this was done to Nevaeh, and that poor guy could not have possibly known what he was stepping on.

Seeing Bickley choke up recounting the horrific discovery just broke my heart. :(
LOL, I've noticed that too, and thought it stemmed from the Sheriff's comments of the plural 'they' used on Fri at the presser.

Then Kat told us the word they is often used in referring to a single person, and it is how they say it in Mi. :hand:

kiki the parrot said:
Caught myself actually referring subconsciously to more than one perp (ie in the plural, eesh) Perhaps if not an accomplice, more like an accessory after the fact why do I think there are two...

Yes but I've been doing the same thing (above was way back post #455). And while admittedly from Michigan originally, it is only in THIS case I've been so conscious of doing so.

:parrot:

LOL, I've noticed that too, and thought it stemmed from the Sheriff's comments of the plural 'they' used on Fri at the presser.

Then Kat told us the word they is often used in referring to a single person, and it is how they say it in Mi. :hand:

I thought that was common across the country. If you don't know if someone is male or female, they are a 'they', even it they are a single person.
It is common, and I'm familiar with that usage. I'm prone to it myself, but not in the same way or as frequently as I have been here.

Never mind. It's just my silliness.

Yea, I was taking the word too literally! xox

I don't know. Maybe we do use it differently here in Michigan. Let's say some unknown person sprayed graffiti on your home while you were sleeping. Here we'd say, "Now why did they go and do that?" How would 'they' say it in other parts of the country?

I think the dude/or dudes are fisherman and prob had a bait bucket. They/he could have even scrapped a shallow hole with a metal bucket.

Has there been any discussion about who might own a small dark truck that Mr Bickley saw at that site a few days after she went missing?

I also wonder how many other fishermen fished there in those 11 days? Forensics will be able to give a pretty close time of disposal tho.

Chilly, I remembered that article was one that listed what LE had found at the scene including a shirt and the cement bag.

This might be helpful; Linky

How many cubic feet in a 80 pound bag of quikrete?

There is 2/3 cu. ft. per 80 lb. bag of pre-mixed concrete.

0.6 cubic feet from an 80# bag of quikrete. See http://www.quikrete.com/Calculator/Main.asp#concrete

27 cu ft / 45 bags = 0.6 cu ft / bag

You need about 1.5 bags per cubic foot.

As I recall it take 66 60 lb bags of readycrete mix to make a cubic yard (27 cubic feet). So it would only take about 50 80 lb bags for the same 27 cubic feet.

Linky

1. Mix using clean equipment and tools. The correct mix ratio is 3-1/2
pints of water to every 25-pound bag of QUIKRETE® Fast-Setting
Underlayment.

So if my math is correct for 90 pounds of quickcrete approx. 1.5 gallons of water would be needed. With a 12oz can it would take approx. 17 fills to mix the quickcrete. If you're dunking the can into the water it's not unreasonable to assume this might be in the realm of possibility. He could mix it with his hands and then just clean them off in the river. JMO

BBM..
Maybe that is where the gloves come in..the one found partially burned. To keep the quickcrete off their hands and nails so there would be no indication later..JMO

I don't know. Maybe we do use it differently here in Michigan. Let's say some unknown person sprayed graffiti on your home while you were sleeping. Here we'd say, "Now why did they go and do that?" How would 'they' say it in other parts of the country?

LOL The first thought I had was "Now why would someone go and do that!" :D

I would have thought "they" was used for an indefinate third person, but the sheriff slipped and said "collusion" instead of conclusion in Friday's? presser. Why would that particular word pop out? (Though he also said medical examinator instead of examiner, soo...)

He was a little flustered, and who can blame him.

I'm sticking with my "seemed like a good idea when drunk" theory of body disposal.

:laugh:We keep looking for deep meaning, intelligence or intentional plans in something that really when examined from any angle just looks very very stupid.

Ain't it the truth!

Has there been any discussion about who might own a small dark truck that Mr Bickley saw at that site a few days after she went missing?

I also wonder how many other fishermen fished there in those 11 days? Forensics will be able to give a pretty close time of disposal tho.

Chilly, I remembered that article was one that listed what LE had found at the scene including a shirt and the cement bag.
I don't know abt the truck, but he also said he used that road as a short cut sometimes after he dropped his son off at at school. So he might have seen that truck there at a.m or afternoon hours week days.

Found this one that talks about the shirt and the cement bag, but nothing about taking JB to the scene:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19662141/detail.html

Question: Is the bag cement comes in semi waterproof?
Hubby just said, left in rain the cement would be ruined, but are they doubled bagged, could that bag hold enough water to work with mixing the cement?

I think it was because the perp was familiar with it.

I saw a video where the lady reporter pointed out you would never know that bank was down there by driving by the site. You would have to have been there before.

I would exclude those with a fisherman's 6th sense tho, as a break in the trees at a bend in the river might be a spot for some fine fishin'.

No, that's not necessarily a fishing spot. Could be a cattle crossing.
(snicker)

See quote above by scandi.

Apparently our lady reporter doesn't fish.

After I saw the streetview the only thing that surprised me was that there weren't picnic tables and a barbecue grill down there.

My sixth sense had a lot of help there. Attached are a couple of screen caps from the Google streetview cam.

It doesn't need Gale St. John to do a drive-by on this fishing spot. I can't take much credit.

Thanks, I was wondering how someone parked behind the guard rail, now I see. I also have a mislabeled video story showing the disposal site near the river and report on clues if interested. It does appear to be the same spot.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19673182/index.html

Seeing Bickley choke up recounting the horrific discovery just broke my heart. :(

Yes but I've been doing the same thing (above was way back post #455). And while admittedly from Michigan originally, it is only in THIS case I've been so conscious of doing so.

:parrot:
That's what I'm talking about. (I'm glad it's not just me.)

(snicker)

See quote above by scandi.

Apparently our lady reporter doesn't fish.

After I saw the streetview the only thing that surprised me was that there weren't picnic tables and a barbecue grill down there.

I expected to see a little wooden shack nearby selling night crawlers, with a tin box to put a dollar in.

I know it sounds really stupid but I've got it in my mind that the perp, when he was fishing there previously, came up with the idea of having a concrete slab to sit or stand on. I've been fishing in spots were fishermen who were there before me fixed up little sitting areas using logs or rocks and, of course, we took advantage of them, just like Mr. Bickley utilized the concrete slab to stand on. I believe it's possible that the perp figured he could both dispose of the body and get himself a nice little fishing platform all at the same time.

I wish LE could have kept the discovery of the body quiet and watched that spot. I'm sure the perp have every intention of fishing there again.
I don't think it's a stupid thought at all! It does sound possible that the perp has been there before, fishing, and returned to a "comfort zone" to dispose of her body. I also believe he probably intended to return there. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member