WA WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2

I picked up People today. I haven't had a chance to fully read the article yet, but I was so happy to just see Joe's story. I don't think the "general population" would be as interested in the details as we here at WS are. I think the general population that reads People on a daily basis is more interested in the story. A child actor gone missing. I think they would have lost many readers if they started putting a ton of details into it. Just getting Joe's face out there is huge at this point. Getting more people to care. The details will follow.

Question for Mods, or anyone who might know, about the very first thread. I tried to go to it and got a message saying that I don't have permission to access it. Has it been archived? Or, is it in the mod area somewhere?

I never really followed this case from the beginning. But, I live in Seattle (across the sound from Bremerton) and recently this case came up in conversation. So, I would just like to get caught up on it, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Question for Mods, or anyone who might know, about the very first thread. I tried to go to it and got a message saying that I don't have permission to access it. Has it been archived? Or, is it in the mod area somewhere?

I never really followed this case from the beginning. But, I live in Seattle (across the sound from Bremerton) and recently this case came up in conversation. So, I would just like to get caught up on it, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Hi Lilly- (my daughters fave char..:))

I have been involved with Joes case from the start and there were some issues with some of the threads and posters. Our awesome mod Christine got him in a spotlight forum to try and get more attention, and things went downhill form there. She would know any info if there is any to share with us :blowkiss:. There were some personal info of the minors involved,some arguing, and then it was pulled.

I dont know if you tried, but I did a search on his name, and I got about 5 threads that came up- One is at the top of the page (#2) and the rest were towards the bottom. We never did have TONS of posts in comparison to some of the other missing cases, but we are missing thread #1 from the list. :twocents:

Most of us who were here from the beginning looking for Joe are still on WS, so if you have any specific questions, one of us may be able to help- Its been a while, but Joe will stay in my heart for a long time- I dont know him personally, but I feel like I do spiritually (sounds kinda funny, but I know so much about his life from research, he sounded like a GREAT young man!!!) :angel:

Maybe a new set of eyes can put a new perspective we have missed out there!! Good luck!!

Heads up, we may want to keep an eye on this UID case:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525554,00.html

Officials are not sure if the foot are the same person as the possible human bones found... last I read, this could be more than one person. The bones, not the "freshly severed" foot are what makes me want to watch this about Joe. The location is approximately 2.8 miles from by air, from Bremerton... less than 10 miles if you drive a path around the water.

Hi Lilly- (my daughters fave char..:))

I have been involved with Joes case from the start and there were some issues with some of the threads and posters. Our awesome mod Christine got him in a spotlight forum to try and get more attention, and things went downhill form there. She would know any info if there is any to share with us :blowkiss:. There were some personal info of the minors involved,some arguing, and then it was pulled.

I dont know if you tried, but I did a search on his name, and I got about 5 threads that came up- One is at the top of the page (#2) and the rest were towards the bottom. We never did have TONS of posts in comparison to some of the other missing cases, but we are missing thread #1 from the list. :twocents:

Most of us who were here from the beginning looking for Joe are still on WS, so if you have any specific questions, one of us may be able to help- Its been a while, but Joe will stay in my heart for a long time- I dont know him personally, but I feel like I do spiritually (sounds kinda funny, but I know so much about his life from research, he sounded like a GREAT young man!!!) :angel:

Maybe a new set of eyes can put a new perspective we have missed out there!! Good luck!!

Thanks for the further explanation! Yep, I read the first few pages on this thread and got the feeling there may have been something that happened between a a couple (or a few) members posting various things. So, I understand if it might be problematic for the mods to bring that one back up.

I actually only got one thread when I searched. But, maybe I didn't specify the right timeframe or something and it only brought up the most recent thread. There is still a lot of good info/case background on this thread, so that will be helpful.

My mother, who doesn't live out on the West coast, asked me about the case recently. I guess maybe she read the article in People magazine. That's what kind of got me snooping around a little bit for anything I could find. I'm still sort of sifting through everything, but will definitely post any questions or ideas that come to mind. Thanks again!

It was posted on the original thread, I believe, that a card similar to one that Joe allegedly had was sold in 2006 on ebay either by or to someone in Bremerton.

That is all I can recall about it....The card theory jumps the shark for me because 1.) they could have been traded or sold by Joe himself for ready money and 2.) There were many more things of value around...the car, his apartment was open and he had a new TV, a computer etc...

I almost feel like the cards were a blind or an after thought, or were never important at all. JMO.

I would like to know the purpose of the gathering at Joe's house; was it to play MTG? I would love to know what he was wearing and why it hasn't been released with all of the other information...I am not implying anything...more that I am skeptical that no one knew what he had on? how about the coat he might have been wearing? I would love to know if LE has done a check of the docks and ferrys and the like....sorry to sound like a broken record.

Ok, i'm reading back through ALL of these posts because its actually the first i've heard of it. I know a LOT about magic, and I LOVE the game. There are some extremely rare cards. Ones that only have so many printed per deck (MTG you have multiple decks. Mixed decks. back up and spare decks, depending on who you are playing and the "land" that they are using.)

So, i'm thinking, maybe one particular card was in the deck that a "friend" wanted or someone, heck I won't pretend to know who, and he wouldn't sell it? i don't know, I'm just saying, yes there was a car and a TV, but I know some hard CORE MTG guys and i've seen blows thrown over simple things in the game, its a very violent game (not physically but the concept behind it.)

Anyways, like I said, just reading through the Whole post, not sure if this one is even locked to be quite honest or if anyone else has answered these questions.

I am no a pro at MTG but have played for the last 10-12 years. If anyone wants any information about the game itself let me know!

You core MTG players would know better than I, but Joe's brother reached the vehicle well before police did, and there seems to be a belief that others knew where his vehicle was after he went missing since there was allegedly a statement by Joe's ex GF that she headed to the car to remove controlled substances, but the police had reached the vehicle when she arrived.

I suppose it would be pretty simple for Joe's brother, or Joe's friend who was driving with the brother, or perhaps anyone else to have gone through the car prior to the arrival of the police. So the cards could have been removed perhaps at that time? I have never heard if controlled substances were found in his vehicle either from the family or from police. There seemed to be a belief that there would be some there. And let me say again for the record that I do not think it is a big deal if Joe maybe occasionally experimented; what makes it relevant is whether or not he might have taken something the night or morning he disappeared and how it might have affected him. That is my sole interest.

If there is a case to be made, however, for someone to be offed for some MTG cards, I am ready to consider it because the fact is that Joe has not turned up yet, so perhaps anything is possible?

Here is a bunch of media links from shortly after the car was discovered to the 6 month vigil. As a group they make interesting reading. As early as 1/16 Kathy was questioning why the car had been released, but also two massive searches had been enacted by then as well. The articles state that there were letters distributing items to family members, and Joe's brother and sister are interviewed regarding the content. I am wondering if any of the statements apply to the documents that BPD will not discuss. It is difficult to determine a timeline from the media reports however, because some of the information differs...like was the car discovered on 1/5, 1/6 or 1/9.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2006/01/16/state/n123255S55.DTL

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/...ilm-star-joe-pilcher-goes-missing-1006813.php

http://seattlest.com/2006/01/17/local_child_actor_not_macaulay_culkin_missing.php

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002744298_missingactor17m.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/255911_childactor17.htm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a28201/former-child-star-still-missing.html

http://m.kitsapsun.com/news/2006/Jan/18/nation-watching-pichler-search/

http://www.whatistheword.com/story/Showbiz_590.html

http://www.newsgab.com/2006/01/23/joe-pichler-beethoven-child-actor-still-missing/

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2006/02/19/the-dana-pretzer-show-february-19th-2006/

http://joalryan.com/files/pichler033106.htm

http://www5.eonline.com/uberblog/b52007_reaching_out_vanished_kid_star_via.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003131791_missing17m.html

l

ok also, did we ever find out what the "other document" was? maybe a plane ticket? itinerary? printed page of confirmation?

Also, about the message board. Someone theorized that it was the friends that were with JP the night he disappeared. BUT now i'm confused. The guy pretending to be JP is someone who is NOT from that area, hasn't lived there, to the best of my sleuthing ability. They have "characters" on this board people pretend to be. It's not nice, they have other victims as characters as well.

Sorry, just talking out loud, it usually helps me think lol.

Also, about the message board. Someone theorized that it was the friends that were with JP the night he disappeared. BUT now i'm confused. The guy pretending to be JP is someone who is NOT from that area, hasn't lived there, to the best of my sleuthing ability. They have "characters" on this board people pretend to be. It's not nice, they have other victims as characters as well.

Sorry, just talking out loud, it usually helps me think lol.

Welcome to Joe's thread- I hope you can put some new perspectives in place and a new set of eyes always helps! ALso, so glad to FINALLY have a MTG gamer on board. We had TONS of questions in the beginning that were answered by some nice people on the MTG board.

As far as the other board, I spent a whole weekend and went thru each 'players' thread and they all signed up within a week of eachother and its just a cruel game- They are mocking Joe and a couple others, but I have 5 pages of notes somewhere if you think they would be useful- I came to the conclusion it was a hoax, and they all list their locations as states all the close prox to eachother (WA, OR, WI, CO, ID, etc). They have a widely-distrubuted pic of Joe in fron of the Christmas tree and what kid in their 20s would use that pic? I think that says a lot right there- ITS A JOKE!! :( I also called BPD and passed it on to Det Davis.

I agree, it's a very nasty trick to play. In reading all of the posts which i am sure you did, he gave an email, jason@somethingorother.com i have it in my notes and will come back and post when I have time, BUT I did some research and it come back to this jason guy. I was holding out hopes that he knew something but it really does seem he did not know JP :(

I'd love to have any notes you have on the case. Something fishy has been going on since day one and like a chance to know what everyone else knows. I think I may have missed some Information on the first thread? I never got to read that one.

Also, if you have any questions about MTG just let me know. To answer a question that was asked before, do these games ever take "live" play, meaning acting out the game, I can def. say YES to that. I have saw my brothers friends do this and a few guys seriously did get hurt, not saying that's what happened here, none of the evidence is looking that way, but it IS a possibility none the less...

Thanks so much for your response post! I look forward to working with you guys on this!

I agree, it's a very nasty trick to play. In reading all of the posts which i am sure you did, he gave an email, jason@somethingorother.com i have it in my notes and will come back and post when I have time, BUT I did some research and it come back to this jason guy. I was holding out hopes that he knew something but it really does seem he did not know JP :(

I'd love to have any notes you have on the case. Something fishy has been going on since day one and like a chance to know what everyone else knows. I think I may have missed some Information on the first thread? I never got to read that one.

Also, if you have any questions about MTG just let me know. To answer a question that was asked before, do these games ever take "live" play, meaning acting out the game, I can def. say YES to that. I have saw my brothers friends do this and a few guys seriously did get hurt, not saying that's what happened here, none of the evidence is looking that way, but it IS a possibility none the less...

Thanks so much for your response post! I look forward to working with you guys on this!

Is there a way to breech the culture that plays this live action in Bremerton? The reason I bring this up is let's say the kids were live action playing in the caves in the park near where Joe disappeared and something went terribly wrong....how would we get plugged into the scuttlebutt??

Is there a way to breech the culture that plays this live action in Bremerton? The reason I bring this up is let's say the kids were live action playing in the caves in the park near where Joe disappeared and something went terribly wrong....how would we get plugged into the scuttlebutt??

Messaged you ;)

Mushrooms...in the car....supposedly...what if...again just speculating...what if these kids didn't do this on the regular and was sold a bag that was NOT legit and actually caused harm....but why not go to the police if something happened? scared they would get in trouble for the shrooms? kinda vibes with cammie saying they wanted to remove something from the car...

They didn't care enough to conduct an interview, but DID care enough to want to remove the shrooms? why? did they KNOW that if tested they may come back as the wrong variety, the kind that poisons?

Just thinkin' out loud but please, tell me if I get something wrong in the details!

I know someone mentioned the Port Orchard "foot case" recently. So, I just thought I would post an update from King 5 news. In case anyone is interested, the foot was connected to the other remains. The case is now deemed a homicide. Information on which local detective to contact with info and an anonymous Crime Stoppers line is also at the link.

Now, I know that the ME is saying the remains are 2 months to a year old. But, as far as a possible connection to Joe Pichler, the ME could be off or maybe Joe was not killed right away. That is, of course, only speculating on a connection to Joe.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_061409WAB-human-foot-homicide-SW.7e4c6490.html?rss?npc

Port Orchard foot case now a homicide
01:36 PM PDT on Sunday, June 14, 2009 [SIZE=-1]By KING Staff[/SIZE]

snip from article: "The medical examiner says the remains are those of a man in his late teens or early 20s, dead for two months to a year."

So where there only one set of remains covered? The foot was stated previously as being "fresh", and the bones as skeletal and buried very deep.

So where there only one set of remains covered? The foot was stated previously as being "fresh", and the bones as skeletal and buried very deep.

Suzi, I re-read the article and it appears that they're saying additional bones were found. Sorry, that was my fault! When I first read it, I was thinking that they connected the foot to the remains that had already been reported. I'm posting below the exact King 5 article quote:

"More bones have been found and evidence found at the scene prompted the switch from recovery of human remains to a homicide investigation."

That's ok Lilly. I've read that article over and over and still can't figure out what they are saying. lol. FWIW, I think Joe could be a possibility.

Hi Angels Not Forgotten,

I am away from home until next week, but when I get home and settled, I will post them. What I did was probably the same you did if you figured out that Mike/Jason is the same person at the email/admin- The whole thread/board is some kind of joke, IMO.

I followed Joes first post and read the blog from the date he 'joined' and his not-so-funny friends joined soon after that. If you follow their posts, they mock him and make fun of him. They tease him and its obvious they are messing with him. I gave this info to the detective in charge of Joes case about a year ago now.

Did you find anything else other than I did? Funny, I did it so long ago, but I remember how they just commented back and forth . Wish I knew how to get those IP addresses- doubt if they are available to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back