2009.06.16 George and Cindy on CBS Early show

Now this was interesting! According to BC, JB is the one keeping the A's from visiting KC, they need to find out IF anyone else is involved and IF so, is it just a little or a big conspiracy, and nothing he knows lets KC off of the hook! Nice! :rolleyes:

I've suspected JB was the one keeping the A's from KC. Had they been allowed to see her, she might have fired JB long ago.

I am struck at the arrogance that CA exudes as she talks about how Caylee "captured" the hearts of so many" while "many children go forgotten." No....missing children are loved and not forgotten, I mean what is she accusing us all of here? That people in America do not care about missing little children? We live in the Neveah Cummings area and her case brought many together despite the nefarious situation of her family. Her photo, like Caylee's is of a beautiful little girl...however, the situation, while on NG for a short while did not "capture the nation" because it did not include a pathologically lying, manipulative, thieving, promisicuous, scamming, pretty little 22yr white girl and an impossibly astounding set of grandparents that never fail to deliver further atrocities that keeps us all tuned in.

How in the world would anyone know they would be strong enough to schedule an interview of the first anniversary of their granddaughter's murder? Wouldn't anyone think they might not even be able to get out of bed that day, much less be on national TV. I've seen tough, cold people before, but this even takes the cake for me.

IMHO, this is consistent with the memory he related to police. On another thread we've discussed whether or not he is remembering the 16th specifically or another day altogether, the 9th or the 13th being the most likely candidates in my mind. KC and Caylee did not leave before 4PM, as we have determined. I think it is likely he either did not see her on the 16th or saw very little of her, which is why another day sticks in his mind and he is mapping it onto the 16th.

I see no issue with him unconsciously doing this. It had been five weeks since he'd seen Caylee, and the memory he calls up is the one that is most complete, and he feels it must be the right one. Over time, perhaps more "detail" has come in as he thinks about times he's woken with Caylee, had breakfast, and watched Sponge Bob. But I don't think there is anything nefarious going on.

I get that you really believe this. IMO you are too kind to GA. Do you live with another person(s). Can you recall what they wore just yesterday? How about a week ago? 2 weeks ago? 3 weeks ago? 4 weeks ago? See the absurdity???
I'm really good at obscure trivia. I'm LESS good at recalling trivial facts from my own life.

YouTube - CBS Early Show - George & Cindy Anthony 6/16/09

At the 2:25 mark in the interview, after Georges says "putting her in the car and waving bye to her" someone else is heard in the background also saying "putting her in the car" but with a questioning tone. I have listened to it a few times and turned my speakers up, so who ever it was, was also surprised about that comment from George.

Anyone else hear this?

That is me ....

IMHO, this is consistent with the memory he related to police. On another thread we've discussed whether or not he is remembering the 16th specifically or another day altogether, the 9th or the 13th being the most likely candidates in my mind. KC and Caylee did not leave before 4PM, as we have determined. I think it is likely he either did not see her on the 16th or saw very little of her, which is why another day sticks in his mind and he is mapping it onto the 16th.

I see no issue with him unconsciously doing this. It had been five weeks since he'd seen Caylee, and the memory he calls up is the one that is most complete, and he feels it must be the right one. Over time, perhaps more "detail" has come in as he thinks about times he's woken with Caylee, had breakfast, and watched Sponge Bob. But I don't think there is anything nefarious going on.

I took it this way too. I think his mind is remembering the last happy, normal day with Caylee. I think it probably was normal for him to have breakfast with her and wave goodbye while they left for "work" and the "nanny". I think the added details are what he wants to remember and not a deliberate lie.

Overall, I think they have soften their image a bit and it wasn't a horrible interview. I do however wish they would stop with the foundation stuff. If they really want to help families that are hurting, they should put it on the back-burner for now because people don't have the best opinion of them.

I think the more interesting part was BC. He seemed to imply that he and the A's believe Casey has something to do with this or at least knows the truth. I personally think that's a huge step for them in the right direction. I do not agree that Casey should testify. She will spin so many tales and the jury will convict her on that alone. Don't get me wrong, I want her to be convicted but I would rather see it happen with the evidence and not by JB being an idiot and putting his client on the stand.

I am struck at the arrogance that CA exudes as she talks about how Caylee "captured" the hearts of so many" while "many children go forgotten." No....missing children are loved and not forgotten, I mean what is she accusing us all of here? That people in America do not care about missing little children? We live in the Neveah Cummings area and her case brought many together despite the nefarious situation of her family. Her photo, like Caylee's is of a beautiful little girl...however, the situation, while on NG for a short while did not "capture the nation" because it did not include a pathologically lying, manipulative, thieving, scamming pretty little 22yr white girl and an impossibly astounding set of grandparents that never fail to deliver further atrocities that keeps us all tuned in.

ITA! My heart breaks with each report of a missing child, no more, no less each time. I pray everytime that the child will be found alive, unharmed, able to go on after whatever horrifying ordeal they may face at the hands of their abductor. Not to take anything away from Caylee, because we all have come to love and adore this child that we have only seen in pics and video, but the thing that has kept this front and center, unfortunately, was the constant lying and ever-changing stories of this entire family.

Yes I did, thought it was Cindy repeating what George said in a questioning way....she is very legal savvy now and I thought that was her ears perking up on a new statement that hasn't been quote entered into evidence unquote. He's gonna have hell to pay for this when they get home.

It was our own Patty that I heard in the background, and I have now deleted my post.

I took it this way too. I think his mind is remembering the last happy, normal day with Caylee. I think it probably was normal for him to have breakfast with her and wave goodbye while they left for "work" and the "nanny". I think the added details are what he wants to remember and not a deliberate lie.

Overall, I think they have soften their image a bit and it wasn't a horrible interview. I do however wish they would stop with the foundation stuff. If they really want to help families that are hurting, they should put it on the back-burner for now because people don't have the best opinion of them.

I think the more interesting part was BC. He seemed to imply that he and the A's believe Casey has something to do with this or at least knows the truth. I personally think that's a huge step for them in the right direction. I do not agree that Casey should testify. She will spin so many tales and the jury will convict her on that alone. Don't get me wrong, I want her to be convicted but I would rather see it happen with the evidence and not by JB being an idiot and putting his client on the stand.

You are forgetting the fact that it was George A who told LE/FBI that he KNEW for quite some time that his daughter KC did NOT have a REAL job.
Remember, this man/father has PROVEN himself "on-the-record" to be a LIAR!

JWG,

Couldn't Casey have "pretended" to go to work and George still have had breakfast with Caylee?

We know Casey was up by then. She checked her phone messages. Then she instant messaged. Later she uploaded the picture of Fusian onto her Photobucket account.

If Casey pretended to go to work, that would explain why Caylee's diaper bag was taken to and left in Casey's car with just a few diapers and some baby wipes. Casey might not have brought the diaper bag back into the house if Caylee fell asleep while they were waiting for George to leave.

JMO

You are forgetting the fact that it was George A who told LE/FBI that he KNEW for quite some time that his daughter KC did NOT have a REAL job.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe he said he suspected that she didn't have a job.

I know, i'm nit picking, but I really think the difference between knowing and suspecting is huge.

But, George said in the same interview that Cindy told him not to play detective.

George saw Casey go to "work" with Caylee many, many times before June 16 and pretended to believe her (IMO).

If George was in on a cover up, there would have been no reason for Casey to have hidden from him for 31 days. Casey's phone pings and witness testimony show Casey did not go to her parent's house ever after June 16 if she thought they were there.

I think so.

George's account of breakfast with Caylee and seeing her off in the car in NO way hurts the state's case. Computer and cell phone forensics show Casey was in her parent's home the morning and afternoon of June 16, 2008.

George just narrowed the time line. He last saw Caylee at 1 p.m. By 4:30 Casey was with Tony and his roommates. According to them, Casey was happy and normal. Minus Caylee.

MOO
I have followed this case from it's early days as a general discussion thread but haven't posted in a while. I just wanted to pop in to say that ITA with you Jolynna and also want to add that George's latest also points to forethought per the murder. Why put your child in the car and pretend to go somewhere unless you want others to think you ARE going somewhere. As you pointed out Joy, (and rather astutely I might add :)) this car thing with George does not hurt anything.. but helps a ton! Moo of course

And I am so glad all of you watched the video.. I haven't done so yet. I think I need another hour to let my breakfast digest (either that or a bottle of anti nausea meds!)

Maybe he always remembered it. But, this is the first time he told the media.

The additional details don't contradict Georges earlier version.

Tightening the time line does not help Casey. If anything it makes her look more calculating. She had to hustle to kill Caylee. But the whole time she is able to send innocuous instant messages, text friends and have normal conversations on her cell phone.

That is really cold.

True, it doesn't contradict his earlier version, but why would he not have said this the first time? Or the second? Why in the world would he wait a full year to share this? It may not change anything time-wise, but, IMO, it takes his credibility down one more notch. And, let's face it, GA doesn't have too many notches left! And, I'm glad that you pointed out how this addition does not help KC, but makes her look even worse. I hadn't caught that aspect of it, but it is so true! For her, it was no big deal! Get a slurpy, text a few friends, kill daughter, hook up with BF and go to BB! Just a "normal" day!

Listening to BC tells me.
1. The Anthony's do think Casey did something.
2. It is so horrific, they can't believe she did it without help or wasn't coerced.
3. They would like to see Casey.
4. They love and miss Caylee so much you can see the hurt.
5. IMO, they do not like Baez.
6. They say they do not know what happened or what to think.. because they do not want to come out and say "We know she did it and love her anyway". Essentially, putting a nail in their own daughter's coffin. As a parent, it would be easier to wait till the trial is over to say, "We know she did it, proven in a court of law, very sad, hate what she did, still love her.." Basically, not putting salt on the wound.
Most parents of criminals do support their children.
7. I agree with the other poster that Baez is keeping them away from Casey not because of the videos but to keep them from talking her out of firing him. AND...
8. Casey so hates her mother, she killed her daughter and now she can hide behind the "stay silent" mandate and do not visit your parents becuase of videos. Yeah right...
Casey loves having that as an excuse not to face her mother. "My mother will kill me... I am afraid of my mother..."
9. I think BC is well aware that Casey is going to throw her parents under the bus...

Don't know if this is already linked so PattyG just delete if this is not needed. Thanks. Here is link to BC's ABC interview:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

I'd like to hear more about what BC said about "I think there is reason to believe there are other people involved....what was there involvement...was it bordering on conspiracy...."

BC does not know of any theory that will rule out Casey under the umbrella of suspicion.

I always thought it was Baez that made the decision not to allow the family to visit Casey in jail and it is evident Brad does not agree with this decision.

Was this interview taped and edited or was it live?

I can't help but wonder if KC is sitting in jail watching and rolling her eyes saying....what a waste....HUGE waste.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back