2009.06.22 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no proof she was duct taped while alive. Moreover and just for clarification, not all abuse is a felony.

Don't you think multiple layers of duct tape over an alive child's nose and mouth might be felony abuse?

I think the medical examiner all but said Caylee was alive when the duct taping occurred. I'd be happy to further discuss the reasons I believe this on the duct tape thread.

There was a perfect restraint found WITH Caylee... something that some young mothers learn to use to soothe their crying child from birth, something I witnessed ER nurses and drs do when my screaming child needed stitches: papoose them in a blanket for better control. Papoosing soothes a child...

Caylee was screaming... Casey wrapped her up in the blanket and did what she felt she needed to do to remove Caylee from her life, so on went the duct tape. If the blanket showed any signs of urine and feces saturated into it, it could be considered proof that as any normal body does when the life is being squeezed out of them (defecation), Caylee's body followed that course. (Victims of strangulation/suffocation/and other various forms of being murdered, tend to see the body lose control of its bowels and bladder as the body fights to stay alive).
As I was reading this I was getting a visual and now I feel sick.

"I had to use multiple layers of duct tape and cover up her nose to get her to quiet down."

= Rage Killing IMHO. KC would apply multiple strips until the rage subsided and she signed off with the heart shaped sticker.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

= Rage Killing IMHO. KC would apply multiple strips until the rage subsided and she signed off with the heart shaped sticker.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Basically what the psychiatrist guest on Nancy's show said on Friday. :clap:

No, they're both capital crimes, but my point is that the duct tape seems to be the only evidence (so far revealed) that could possibly be used to show how Caylee may have died, but the way in which they'd have to use this evidence to prove felony murder would contradict any argument that it proves pre-meditated murder - which is what she is charged with.
bold,me

Where is this info that she is charged with premeditated murder?

Life without parole will probably end her life quicker than the death penalty, the jailed inmates will see to that. You can be sure they are not going to be any kinder to her than to any other baby killer. I think she would be protected somewhat on death row. Even George brought this street justice up to LE saying that he knows what goes on in prison to people who rape or kill kids. The grand jury handed down an indictment, even without the body. She wont take a plea because she and Jose are convinced she can beat this. They are wrong. Her only way out is if she manages to commit suicide which she will perceive as her getting the last word.

There was a segment on televison a few years ago I watched . they interviewed a woman that was given LWOP for killing her child. She said that she and women like her[ child killers ] were segregated from the rest of the prison population for their safety.This is why I hope KC gets the death penalty, it's the only sentence she deserves.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3895731&postcount=288"]Show Videos[/ame]

No, they're both capital crimes, but my point is that the duct tape seems to be the only evidence (so far revealed) that could possibly be used to show how Caylee may have died, but the way in which they'd have to use this evidence to prove felony murder would contradict any argument that it proves pre-meditated murder - which is what she is charged with.

Pre-meditation can literally be within seconds.

Absolutely! And at any time when wrapping Caylee's head the killer could've stopped and removed the duct tape. MOO

I guess what I was trying to ask was, in FL you don't need pre-meditation as an aggravating factor to be charged with
Capitol Murder of a child, do you?

bold,me

Where is this info that she is charged with premeditated murder?

She is not charged with "premeditated murder". She is charged with felony murder of a child/with agravating circumstances. Which is also a DP offense in Florida.

Not all states laws are exactly the same. In the case of Florida premeditation is not always absolutely necesary for capital punishment, in certain specific circumstances.

I guess what I was trying to ask was, in FL you don't need pre-meditation as an aggravating factor to be charged with
Capitol Murder of a child, do you?
Correct. The aggravating factor is the age of the child, IIRC.

IMO, this was premeditated. The tape didn't happen to appear miraculously, I believe she had it on hand. If that was the case then she knew exactly what she was doing. I do not believe for a second that she simply wrapped her face leaving no air passages exposed to simply quiet her. I believe that KC knew exactly what she was doing, this was not an accident. With all this, I think this also happened right in the A's home.

She is not charged with "premeditated murder". She is charged with felony murder of a child/with agravating circumstances. Which is also a DP offense in Florida.

Not all states laws are exactly the same. In the case of Florida premeditation is not always absolutely necesary for capital punishment, in certain specific circumstances.

That's what I thought and I was wondering why the OP was talking about pre-med. Thanks:)

IMO, this was premeditated. The tape didn't happen to appear miraculously, I believe she had it on hand. If that was the case then she knew exactly what she was doing. I do not believe for a second that she simply her face leaving no air passages exposed to simply quiet her. I believe that KC knew exactly what she was doing, this was not an accident. With all this, I think this also happened right in the A's home.
That's another thing ~ unless she wore the tape roll around her wrist as a bracelet she would've had to go get the tape from somewhere, therefore thinking about putting it on Caylee before she actually did it. MOO

I just wonder if KC always carried a supply of heart shaped stickers around with her??????? Did she go home and get one after applying the duct tape? Or did it happen in the A's house?

That's another thing ~ unless she wore the tape roll around her wrist as a bracelet she would've had to go get the tape from somewhere, therefore thinking about putting it on Caylee before she actually did it. MOO

Tape may have already been in car. Amy kept tape on hand. Why wouldn't KC start carrying tape. Maybe she thought it was kool for a woman to have d-tape on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels