Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok quick question..in my travels to sort thru the escambia clerk's website again to remember who BWM was the atty for (btw, I found out who BWM *phew)) I found this:

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=51828448

Appears to be Byrd's first divorce...and on line 33:

33 03/19/1996 CONSENT FOR RELINQUISHMENT BY ADOPTED MOTHER

It also has where the Associated Press paid $68 to get this document today.

What's with the ECTOR COUNTY, TX mention on Line 26?

Anyone want to search THEIR records?

Interesting case that BWM worked on -- custody between parents and grandparents of minor children...

http://opinions.1dca.org/opinions2004/09-09-04/03-5439.pdf

Link to Bio:
http://www.martindale.com/Barry-W-McCleary/827979-lawyer.htm

And final breadcrumb on this -- the secondary phone number used for this attny oddly goes to a detective agency... perhaps co-rinky-dink -- was unused and just got reassigned? The only reason I point this out, is Jr''s claim to be employed doing some sort of surveillance stuff...

http://yellowpages.aol.com/business...ry=Detective+Agencies&area=West+Pensacola,+FL

Has anyone found any valid connection with Wiggins and the attorney that is currently being sleuthed on this thread, besides a poster that said they thought he looked like the person in the pic.?

Meaning, has this attorney been named as the attorney for Wiggins?

And on that note, anyone who has posted rumor and conjecture they cannot back up in some way should go back and fix it before any of the moderators here have to. That's not sleuthing, and that's not what we do here.

This is a site with a bias toward victims, we're pretty up front and clear about that.

Bumping.

Innocent people are victimized all the time. We see it every day here.

Respectfully, if people are just providing links to publicly available info, and asking "is this a link" , "could this mean something", I think it's fine, but... as a total newbie, if the board standards are NOT to share and ask information of each other in that fashion, I'll certainly refrain.

I do agree that some of the flights of fancy get far out there, but AFAIK, no one is being harmed by having information already linked to out there, shared in an attempt to understand the relationships of a compelling and otherwise befuddling crime.

One thing I think all would agree on (or at least a super majority) is that it seems likely that there is more than meets the eye in how this thing unfolded and why. That is, IMHO, what is driving the curiosity, not any desire to smear anyone, least of all the victims.

When I saw this, I liked it, and I took it straight to heart:

5ocw0l.jpg

The Billing's family attorney (Crystal Spencer) was on the local news saying (para-phasing here) how much the rumors and negative accusations that are going around about Byrd and Melanie are adding insult to injury to the remainder of the family. The family is aware of things being said. They are trying to ignore the accusations - especially today and tomorrow since the visitation took place this evening and the funeral being held tomorrow.

I stated it many pages back but I'll paraphrase. It's not that we WANT to find dirt on them or to make it "because of them."

However, to find out the MOTIVE/WHY these people chose the Billings to rob and kill, we've got to pull back and see any and all possibilities that may come to fruition.

This isn't a clean cut "He hit my son in the face, so I went and killed him" story. Hence, we have NO CLUE why this happened.

And this is the same Sheriff who vehemently denied the DEA was involved, even after their own spokesperson said THEY WERE.

Sometimes things are said, or not said, in an effort to conceal what's going on behind the scenes. That behind the scenes thing is what we are all trying to figure out.

I'm not trying to accuse the Billings of being 'bad' people, but I am trying to figure out the connection among them and everyone else.

Didn't the Sheriff say the DEA was brought into this case because many of the suspects have drug ties and had illegal weapons and the DEA assisted them in tracking these people down? Sounds very reasonable to me.

I think they chose the Billings because they had car dealerships and dealers are known to carry cash on them and they would probably have a safe at their home to put the money in when they came in each day.

WEAR TV 10pm info:

Restated that Pamela Wiggins was arrested and released today. That her husband Hugh told investigators where the safe was.

Said the Sheriff restated the DEA is looking at the people involved in the crime, not the Billings

Confirmed Byrd opened the Back Seat Lounge/stripclub and the current owner of Arety's Angels worked for him. She said the Billings helped her get a car, and she asked where he came up with the unique business names. She said his response was to take the letters of the kids and create words for business names. She said that was his way of keeping it "very family." She said he was professional and even helped the homeless outside.

WEAR said more to come in their 2nd half hour (don't know how much will be "new" then, if they didn't break it on their main newscast.

Just wanted to bring this post by (moderator) forward to remind us of the rules.
Could someone, besides Steadfast, please explain what exactly constitues "speculation." How could you even talk about a case of this scope and complexity with having an exchange of ideas?
<P>
If everyone is beholden to what someone else feels might be speculation, then it might be appropriate to just look at the AP story and move on down the road, without critical thought. Am I understanding the harsh interpretation correctly?
<P>
It seems very subjective and can be interpretted differently based on one's perception of events.

Didn't the Sheriff say the DEA was brought into this case because many of the suspects have drug ties and had illegal weapons and the DEA assisted them in tracking these people down? Sounds very reasonable to me.

I think they chose the Billings because they had car dealerships and dealers are known to carry cash on them and they would probably have a safe at their home to put the money in when they came in each day.

No, to the best of my knowledge, the Sheriff has not stated the suspects have drug ties and illegal weapons. He has not given that much information for sure! If he has finally acknowledged the DEA it is only to say they are looking at all avenues. Nothing specific from Morgan yet!

No, to the best of my knowledge, the Sheriff has not stated the suspects have drug ties and illegal weapons. He has not given that much information for sure! If he has finally acknowledged the DEA it is only to say they are looking at all avenues. Nothing specific from Morgan yet!

From http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/16/florida.couple.killed/index.html

The sheriff also addressed at the news conference the role of the Drug Enforcement Administration in the investigation, reading a statement from the agency saying it is providing "investigative assistance at the request of the Escambia County Sheriff's office."

"No additional information is being provided at this time," he read. "The DEA was called in on the suspects in this crime, to assist us in that area," he explained.

There have also been articles that the FBI and IRS are involved from various news outlets, although none specifically acknowledged by Morgan.

Okay, well all my work on making the P family connection to the perps is gone - I guess my post was erased - so I can't EXPLAIN what is going on here now -- for those that remember it - please take a look at this - Remember a PR was a tenant that was evicted along with the P family due to a judgement from world co - then I connected the dots - now look at the comments on this myspace --- coincidence?? I don't know it is HINKY!

http://www.myspace.com/hug377777

This is what he said
"Morgan said, the DEA was asked to provide investigative assistance focusing on the suspects, at the request of the Escambia County Sheriff's Office. The Billings family is not the focus of any federal investigation to Morgan's knowledge."
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Billings_murder_safe_and_guns_seized

I heard him, and he made it clear that the Billings were not under any investigation.

We are only allowed to post full names of people if they have been named by LE as being investigated. We need to be very careful about posting innuendo, speculation, unfounded linkages between people, etc. especially if those involve the victim. Pretty often posters' speculations and guesses transform themselves into "facts" a few pages later.

For instance, there have been linkages made here like "Joe Smith is a myspace friend of one of the suspects, and one of his friends lives in another state and has custody issues. The victims had lots of adopted kids. Get the connection?" That's really sloppy.

In my opinion, this thread has gotten way out of hand, way off base, and is no longer very helpful in understanding this crime.

I think the complications and various motives involve the suspects and not the victims, yet I've seen less work done tying the suspects together and delving into their activities (drug debts, prison friendships, missing linkages) than has been done trying (unsuccessfully) to tie the victims to criminal activity.

bumping this awesome post for the night crew!!:) :blowkiss:

In reading back through previous posts, I see there seems to be a connection between the Billings, Pamela Long Wiggins, and Chelsea Statam. Is this a firm connection? Is the connection that CS lived at one time in one of the Billings' rentals and currently resides in one of PLM's rentals according to CS' arrest report on the same day Gonzales and Coldiron were arrested?

CS declares she is a lesbian on MS. Wasn't it questioned in a previous post that PLM might swing both ways because of a court case involving her "sexual assault" of the female plaintiff. Could CS have received some of the safe's stash from PLM and was trying to pawn it? Am I missing something? Am I even following on this at all? I am definitely open to correction if anyone has the time.

Much to my dismay I learned Pam Wiggins was born in a town 5 miles from me.

http://www.walb.com/global/story.asp?s=10740008

Pamela Wiggins had long Albany history

Posted: July 16, 2009 05:06 PM EDT

Updated: July 16, 2009 05:39 PM EDT

Albany native charged in Florida killings

Pamela Wiggins had long Albany history

By Jennifer Emert

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Investigators have recovered the murder weapon used to kill a prominent Florida couple, and tonight, we know the 8th suspect in those murders is a woman who was born and raised in Albany.

47-year old Pamela Long Coco Wiggins is charged as an accessory after the fact to the murders of Melanie and Byrd Billings.

They were shot to death in their home outside Pensacola last Thursday while nine of their 17 children were in the house.

Eight suspects are now charged in connection the deadly military-style home invasion. Prosecutors say robbery was the primary motive.

Pamela Wiggins grew up in Albany, owned several rental properties and got a divorce here in 1992.

more at link........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member