Caylee's Shoes...Important Clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that in this report, OCSO Supplemental, Debbie P. (supervisor of Cindy) says on the 15th (when Cindy returned to work after the tow lot incident), that Cindy was angry and said the car was a mess and the baby's car seat and clothes were left in the car.

On the same report, Charles (another co-worker of Cindy's) says that on the 15th of June Cindy returns to work and sounds angry, making a statement to them that the car "smells like a dead body". Cindy also mentions that the car seat was there with some of Caylee's clothes, her "favorite" doll, and some toys.

I don't remember that any of Caylee's clothes were found in Casey's car and taken as evidence by LE ...

Link to report
http://www.wftv.com/news/18530380/detail.html
\

With the statements that Cindy made to her co-workers and the fact that she returned to work with all these tidbits of information, I am sure that they looked at Cindy like she had two heads. I am pretty sure that if presented with these facts by Cindy, I would have gone into a private office and called 911 myself. Also, I don't know how the towyard owner ever let GA out of the lot with the "stinking" car. I would have thought that he especially would have called 911.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cindy was the one who made sure the basic items were in there. In fact, didn't she say she always emptied it and cleaned it, removed partially eaten snacks, juice boxes, etc? I seem to recall her saying that at some point.

i'd forgotten about that but you're right victoria, cindy did say that. geezus did casey do anything?!

Can someone remind me please.
Didn't GA put some things in some dumpster?
I think he said it was stuffed dolls or something left outside by the home?
Was that dumpster ever looked into by LE?

I don't recall a dumpster being mentioned, but early on in the case people were leaving stuffed animals for Caylee in front of the house. These were put in garbage bags and set out for the garbage collectors by George. Lee said later in an interview that they smelled of cigarette smoke and the A's had a non-smoking house. I guess the stink from the decomposition filled car didn't matter. Just goes to show what ingrates the A's are.

Collected from Casey's car:

• Doll
  • Backpack
  • Child's toothbrush
  • Black leather bag
  • Various papers
  • Dinner knife
  • Blue plastic crate
  • Plastic hangers
  • White trash bag with blue handle containing other items (actually retrieved later from dumpster)
  • Babyseat
  • Brown leather belt
  • 2 pairs of black female shoes
  • black case with cds
  • sunglasses
  • air freshener sheet
  • dirt residue in trunk
http://www.wftv.com/news/18530366/detail.html

The trash bag that was in Casey's trunk, at the tow lot, was thrown away there (in a dumpster). Later it was retrieved and given to LE.

\

With the statements that Cindy made to her co-workers and the fact that she returned to work with all these tidbits of information, I am sure that they looked at Cindy like she had two heads. I am pretty sure that if presented with these facts by Cindy, I would have gone into a private office and called 911 myself. Also, I don't know how the towyard owner ever let GA out of the lot with the "stinking" car. I would have thought that he especially would have called 911.
It is amazing...the co-worker's only knew part of the story, but heard enough to realize that LE should be called. Cindy hadn't heard from Caylee in a month, car found with no Casey or Caylee and it smelled like "death". But, Cindy wanted to finish up her work, and then try to contact Casey to give her a chance to "explain".

The white plastic bag with blue handles was originally in the trunk of the car and thrown into the dumpster by a tow-yard worker. It was retrieved by LE and had the macaroni and cheese boxes, receipts signed by Tony's roommate, pizza box and the maggots etc.

No toys or Caylee clothes were ever taken into evidence by LE from Casey's car.

It is amazing...the co-worker's only knew part of the story, but heard enough to realize that LE should be called. Cindy hadn't heard from Caylee in a month, car found with no Casey or Caylee and it smelled like "death". But, Cindy wanted to finish up her work, and then try to contact Casey to give her a chance to "explain".

:waitasec: :confused: :waitasec: :confused: :crazy:

:crazy: :eek: :eek: :crazy: :waitasec: :confused:

:rolleyes:
JMO
God Bless !
jjgram

\

:confused: :waitasec:

Yes.... let LE figure it out...... Dial 911 and let them
figure it out....

geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz CA

JMO
God Bless !
jjgram

George statement was that she was wearing a pink shirt and blue jean shorts.

Caylee was found with a pink shirt that says "Big trouble comes in small packages."

It is not a stretch to think that Caylee may have soiled herself and needed her shorts changed.

At this point, the bounty hunter story is hearsay and it not be given to us in a doc dump. Until it is, I am treating that as a red herring.

Casey could have been saying that to throw them off.

How did I miss that? Caylee's shirt said "Big trouble comes in small packages."? Wow, I know that is supposed to be cute/a joke but isn't that awful in this scenario?

Are you sure the shirt they found with her said that? I'm flabbergast. Although nothing should surprise me anymore.

PI Cindy thinks the deed was done in Caylees bed. :eek:
Why else keep on cleaning the bed sheets? over and over :confused:
The baby's smell should be precious to her.

Didn't CA make a casual statement too (like KC's about the clothes) along the lines of "they didn't even find the evidence inside" when addressing the dog hits?

...recall the clothing recovered early in the case (8/16/08) from JBP. IIRC, it included the pink-camouflage bag, etc.

I don't recall if it included any shoes, but, did include some jeans, woman's black top, etc. Not to be confused w/ the polka-dot women's underwear that was found (pic of it hanging on a fence IIRC). That find drew alot of attention owing to the pic of Casey sitting w/ Iassen wearing something in a similar design. There are pics available of the clothing found - albeit hard to tell through the plastic bags much about the contents, FWIW.

ETA: Link to the pics here. Also noting, as was pointed out @ the time of the find. The park had been thoroughly searched following Nicole G's murder ~6/9, suggesting these items 'appeared' post-6/9, FWIW. I've seen much better resolution images available...this was just the first link I could grab & provide.

ETA2: I have been forever affected by time spent on the Crime Scene Photo's thread. :bang: I just noticed for the first time in the linked photos above that there was a book or magazine underneath the palmetto behind the clothing. That escaped my attention first time 'round.

Bond, Were these finds confirmed by LE as belonging to KC/Caylee?

If so, I missed that too.

didnt KC also tell her mom that zanny had shoes for caylee?

It seemed that CA was questioning kc on nothing missing clothing wise from the house..

Yeah, why wasn't Caylee found with shoes on? No shoes, a blanket from her bed, with a pullup on....makes me think little Caylee didn't make it out of the house upright, and maybe even DEAD.:waitasec:

Yes! he implied they smelled bad and threw them away. Then Cindy began saying "there's no evidence..."

It is interesting that in this report, OCSO Supplemental, Debbie P. (supervisor of Cindy) says on the 15th (when Cindy returned to work after the tow lot incident), that Cindy was angry and said the car was a mess and the baby's car seat and clothes were left in the car.

On the same report, Charles (another co-worker of Cindy's) says that on the 15th of June Cindy returns to work and sounds angry, making a statement to them that the car "smells like a dead body". Cindy also mentions that the car seat was there with some of Caylee's clothes, her "favorite" doll, and some toys.

I don't remember that any of Caylee's clothes were found in Casey's car and taken as evidence by LE ...

Link to report
http://www.wftv.com/news/18530380/detail.html
None of Caylees clothing were recovered from the car. Either Cindy removed it and disposed of or laundered it, OR she misspoke to her co-workers...

How did I miss that? Caylee's shirt said "Big trouble comes in small packages."? Wow, I know that is supposed to be cute/a joke but isn't that awful in this scenario?

Are you sure the shirt they found with her said that? I'm flabbergast. Although nothing should surprise me anymore.

Sure enough did. The letters had come off the shirt. But when they were put together they spelled Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages and there IS a photo of Caylee in that exact shirt so it is known she had a shirt like that of a certainty. It was also pink...

Bond, Were these finds confirmed by LE as belonging to KC/Caylee?

If so, I missed that too.
Nope...never confirmed.

Yes! he implied they smelled bad and threw them away. Then Cindy began saying "there's no evidence..."

The things that were thrown out and stated as smelling bad were the toys left for them or sent to them by people. They smelled of smoke according to Lee and so they threw them out.

I had another thought about Caylees shoes. What if on one of Dominiks return trips to search there he actually found her shoes? She and her clothing were strewn over a large area and it is not inconceivable to believe that he could have found her shoes and that is why they were never recovered. He could have done away with them never to be seen again. We do not know for certain what Mr. Casey may have removed from the scene...Just food for thought.

I had another thought about Caylees shoes. What if on one of Dominiks return trips to search there he actually found her shoes? She and her clothing were strewn over a large area and it is not inconceivable to believe that he could have found her shoes and that is why they were never recovered. He could have done away with them never to be seen again. We do not know for certain what Mr. Casey may have removed from the scene...Just food for thought.

In the news conference with Michele Bart and GA,CA looks devastated.Since we now know that was close to the time DC was looking for Caylee's body,I wondered if he might have found an item belonging to Caylee. That would explain CA's demeanor.

Wonderful Websleuthers, I'm so impressed with how you all have worked together to reveal the shoe question. It is surprising how many shoes Caylee had. Found with no shoes? I remember how Casey emphasized the book and shoes Caylee talked about in the imagined conversation she had with her daughter who'd been dead for a month. She had a reason to mention those items...odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisonvsmith