CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we also know now that Jaycee was interacting with the public through Garrido's printing business and was even known as "the genius" behind the graphic design. So, really, there were two locations where the police and/or his parole officer could have run into Jaycee. You would think the parole officer might be interested in what type of work his client was doing and curious how this man had a daughter that no one had ever seen before, who was suddenly working for him. It's just insane to me that despite all the drop-ins from parole officers and even the 911 calls, that ultimately the people who pulled him in were two random, campus police officers who simply acted on a hunch.

excerpt:
Until she accompanied Phillip and Nancy Garrido and her daughters to a Concord parole office Wednesday, there was no indication Dugard had been off the property since her abduction in June 1991, El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar said last week.

Garrido, a registered sex offender, kept the compound secret despite what corrections officials say were twice monthly visits from parole officers.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13236464?nclick_check=1

Twice monthly visits and all those times they had no idea of the large backyard?
The man lived on a 23,000 sq. ft. property! Incredible negligence!!

What Carl is saying about the time lapse from when he told LE about her abduction to them actually doing anything is appalling. Why did they wait for the bus to get to the school and then call Terry at work ~ while the suspect is driving 170 miles away? :mad: MOO

Unfortunately I can't get Fox News to have seen this interview. I was mapping the distance from where she was abducted to his home and wonder what type of alert system they had in place at the time? That apx 2 1/2-3 hour drive....and noone saw that car. Makes me think that they lost a prime opportunity from the start to find her, such a shame.

Also, want to add that Larry King is suppose to have one of his victims on his show this evening. (I believe?? its the one he served the 11 years for)

Well, we also know now that Jaycee was interacting with the public through Garrido's printing business and was even known as "the genius" behind the graphic design. So, really, there were two locations where the police and/or his parole officer could have run into Jaycee. You would think the parole officer might be interested in what type of work his client was doing and curious how this man had a daughter that no one had ever seen before, who was suddenly working for him. It's just insane to me that despite all the drop-ins from parole officers and even the 911 calls, that ultimately the people who pulled him in were two random, campus police officers who simply acted on a hunch.

I believe that it has been stated that PG ran his printing business out of his garage/home. So that means Jaycee wouldn't have had to leave the house of horrors to work.

I've actually been wondering that too... And the fact that they are now digging next door... It seems likely that someone is talking... Maybe Jaycee

I sure hope so!

Prob the wife trying to save her *advertiser censored**. :furious:

Actually, President George W. Bush's administration got an exception piece of legislation so the feds could respond in cases of emergency like Katrina, but President Obama's administration reversed that. :angel:

I guess President Obama's Administration decided the sniper shooting was emergency enough to re-enact the exception for the day? IDK..shady and O/T...sorry . :)

I still just don't understand. it seems she worked with the public in some form. She had computer access. Did she know she was missing? Was she so brainwashed she forgot? I just can't wrap my mind around this. I can't understand how this went on for 18 years. And it seems that was a noticeable car, nobody noticed these 2 people had a car like this when this kidnapping was so highly publisized? IMO the sketch of the female in the car looks alot like his wife. Nobody ever put 2 and 2 together?

That picture of Garrido in there just screams "Child Molester" to me. I know it's a horrible thing to say, but a lot of them seem to have a look. Vaguely reminds me of Chester Stiles...

That is too creepy for life... but it does look like Chester Stiles... (Shudders)

I still just don't understand. it seems she worked with the public in some form. She had computer access. Did she know she was missing? Was she so brainwashed she forgot? I just can't wrap my mind around this. I can't understand how this went on for 18 years.

What happened to Jaycee should be thought of and treated as torture.

Jaycee endurred years of imprisonment, detention, enforced isolation, extreme physical and mental abuse and may end in death. She was raped, beaten, possibly worse, burned, deprived of sleep, food and human contact. It's purpose was to break her. What she learned in order to survive, can make living later unbearable, causing post-traumatic stress even suicide years later.

Jaycee's only reality was the power of her abuser; keeping her head low kept her and her girls alive. The shame of being who she was - as if that's the real reason for her subordination - leads to trying to become who you are not and never can be - in the eyes of their abuser

It's like a battered woman seeking not to be beaten by serving dinner on time and providing regular sex.

She was brain washed forced to do unspeakable things and bear children. Whom I am sure were also used to control her.

I still just don't understand. it seems she worked with the public in some form. She had computer access. Did she know she was missing? Was she so brainwashed she forgot? I just can't wrap my mind around this. I can't understand how this went on for 18 years. And it seems that was a noticeable car, nobody noticed these 2 people had a car like this when this kidnapping was so highly publisized? IMO the sketch of the female in the car looks alot like his wife. Nobody ever put 2 and 2 together?

I know what you mean... It is just the worst series of dropping the ball in the history of child abduction I think. So many people heard and saw things... so many people were suspicious of him. Police were called. Law inforcement people actually went to the house numerous times. And in ALL that Time... No One Found Jaycee.

It's Truly Heartbreaking.

In the Manifesto, there is a statement that "Phillip Garrido has been under the care of a psychiatrist for the past 18 years for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)". Does anyone remember any info about ongoing therapy/treatment for Garrido? I don't remember this coming up. Typically, any GP can treat ADD. It would be rare (not mention very expensive) to see a psychiatrist for this very common disorder. And if a psychiatrist were actually treating him, I would think that he/she would see him at least once a year for an medication update. Odd that nothing jumped out at the doctor about Garrido's demeanor, isn't it?

I know what you mean, I keep wondering that myself. But I also have to wonder how long it might have been untill she was able to go anywhere near the public etc..
I just get the feeling that she was tortured and quite possibly saw other girls or women killed for not "obeying" that she walked a fine line to keep herself alive and her children out of danger.

In the Manifesto, there is a statement that "Phillip Garrido has been under the care of a psychiatrist for the past 18 years for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)". Does anyone remember any info about ongoing therapy/treatment for Garrido? I don't remember this coming up. Typically, any GP can treat ADD. It would be rare (not mention very expensive) to see a psychiatrist for this very common disorder. And if a psychiatrist were actually treating him, I would think that he/she would see him at least once a year for an medication update. Odd that nothing jumped out at the doctor about Garrido's demeanor, isn't it?

also weird that he would say 18 years considering thats the amount of time he had Jaycee...

I used to live in an apt building and a family of 6 moved into a one bedroom down the hall from me and I use to hear screaming, pounding, presumably the man's wife screaming and saying things like 'stop it', 'please don't', etc. Worse yet I would hear the children crying and saying things like 'daddy don't'. I called the police countless times and the first few times they would show up, knock on the people's door, the guy would come out and say everything was fine and he didn't know why they were called, etc and the cops would leave. Never once was this man arrested. It got to the point where a policeman actually came to my door after I called and basically told me to mind my own business and there wasn't anything they could do about it unless they caught the abuse actually in progress! I was just shocked and dismayed. I would have to listen to this and realized I was powerless to stop it. I did go to the landlord with a list of how many times the police had been called and told her everything that had been going on and she did evict them under the excuse they were violating their lease by having so many people living in one place. While we didn't have to hear it any more I am sure they just moved somewhere else and the same thing continued happening. I still think about those poor children and just hope someone finally did do something and that monster of a man was arrested.

It is nice to hear about people calling the police and some good actually coming from it considering my experience was not very positive dealing with my local police.

Aren't there laws about disturbing the peace? A person should be able to sit at home without having to hear screaming next door. Cops get called to parties that are too loud, for goodness sake. I once called 911 in the middle of the night because I thought there was a fight in the street nearby. Turns out it was the man next door beating up his wife. The cops broke it up, and the next day the wife sat on her porch all day smoking. I don't know where the man or their kids had gone. The day after that everybody was back home and up to their usual shenanigans, although I never heard them fight like that again.

I'm still upset about the neighbor who says there were parties with men lined up to get in the tent. If I ever saw anything like that in my neighborhood, I'd call the police. It doesn't matter if he didn't know if they were hurting anyone. They shouldn't be doing drunken, depraved things in the backyard, essentially out in the open. Where are people's morals??

So....this writes a manifesto detailing how he has learned to enjoy sex with his wife?? That's nice....wonder how his wife feels about it?? And, what does this have to do with kidnapping Jaycee?? Raping and torturing her for 18 years?? Is this the piece of tripe that the perv referred to as "heartwarming"?? Spit

Aren't there laws about disturbing the peace? A person should be able to sit at home without having to hear screaming next door. Cops get called to parties that are too loud, for goodness sake. I once called 911 in the middle of the night because I thought there was a fight in the street nearby. Turns out it was the man next door beating up his wife. The cops broke it up, and the next day the wife sat on her porch all day smoking. I don't know where the man or their kids had gone. The day after that everybody was back home and up to their usual shenanigans, although I never heard them fight like that again.

I'm still upset about the neighbor who says there were parties with men lined up to get in the tent. If I ever saw anything like that in my neighborhood, I'd call the police. It doesn't matter if he didn't know if they were hurting anyone. They shouldn't be doing drunken, depraved things in the backyard, essentially out in the open. Where are people's morals??

That's where we all have to become more diligent and use our cell phones to videotape. Post it on YouTube, send it to the media.

PUT THE CRIME IN THE LIGHT

I'm still upset about the neighbor who says there were parties with men lined up to get in the tent. If I ever saw anything like that in my neighborhood, I'd call the police. It doesn't matter if he didn't know if they were hurting anyone. They shouldn't be doing drunken, depraved things in the backyard, essentially out in the open. Where are people's morals??[/quote]

snipped---- I agree, I hope there are more arrests made to get more of these pervs off the streets...IMO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epy-Phil-drug-fuelled-orgies-hillbillies.html

"Mr Rogers shudders at the memory of the sounds he heard when it was 'party time' next door. Mr Rogers says 'perverts' in the area were regularly invited over by Garrido for sex, beer and drug parties and that the Garrido home was, in effect, being used as a brothel.
He watched groups of men arriving at the house on hot summer nights. They carried crates of beer. Mainly of Mexican appearance, they lit bonfires, played music and shouted and laughed late into the night."

They should sentence the two sicko kidnappers to 100 years for each year that they kept Jaycee in captivity

So Mr. Rogers goes from thinking "My God, there is something sexual going on in there." in one interview to hearing a woman screaming...twice in a second interview and now says in a third interview he "shudders at the memory of the sounds he heard when it was 'party time' next door. Mr Rogers says 'perverts' in the area were regularly invited over by Garrido for sex, beer and drug parties and that the Garrido home was, in effect, being used as a brothel."

And yet he did nothing...unbelievable.

BBM

Maz

:cow:

This whole story is truly heartbreaking....I can't stand the thought of what Jaycee and her daughters had to endure. I have done nothing but think about them since this broke news. I hope they are all doing well and that they have begun the healing process.......it's unthinkable what this man and woman did to these girls. I can't even grasp it......I just want to cry when I think about them.....:(

So Mr. Rogers goes from thinking "My God, there is something sexual going on in there." in one interview to hearing a woman screaming...twice in a second interview and now says in a third interview he "shudders at the memory of the sounds he heard when it was 'party time' next door. Mr Rogers says 'perverts' in the area were regularly invited over by Garrido for sex, beer and drug parties and that the Garrido home was, in effect, being used as a brothel."

And yet he did nothing...unbelievable.

BBM

Maz

:cow:

If Mr. Rogers knew there were 2 young girls on the property and did not notify authorities could he be criminally liable for failure to report suspected child abuse?

Mr Rogers also makes me very :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member