CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere today it was reported that he was currenty being investigated for elder abuse. She may very well know nothing and is just another victim of this freak.

I offer my "sorry in advance" because I am only on page five of catching up!!! (but actually found this today about PG's mother)
The last unannounced visit by a team of local police agencies was conducted in July 2008. Paramedics also were summoned to the house five times since 1999, presumably to help Garrido's 88-year-old mother.

http://www.katu.com/news/national/56350942.html

so the kids have never seen a doctor at all but the ambulance is called out for Grandma...

So Mr. Rogers goes from thinking "My God, there is something sexual going on in there." in one interview to hearing a woman screaming...twice in a second interview and now says in a third interview he "shudders at the memory of the sounds he heard when it was 'party time' next door. Mr Rogers says 'perverts' in the area were regularly invited over by Garrido for sex, beer and drug parties and that the Garrido home was, in effect, being used as a brothel."

And yet he did nothing...unbelievable.

BBM

Maz

:cow:
bystander apathy.

Although I am sure there is no end to the horrible things that will be proven or implied, I am not putting too much stock nor too many accusations on SOME of the neighbor's accounts. I think part of what we are hearing from some of them is sensationalism because that's what the media wants to hear, and some of it is "hindsight is 20/20" kind of thing. That if you see an event you see one thing and don't think anything of it, and then if you hear that the person was a pervert/criminal, that puts a whole other spin on anything you ever saw over there or on any interaction that they had. I am truly hoping that the "men lined up" event was either untrue or something totally unrelated. Men lining up to listen to God speaking from a box, or PG controlling sound with his mind, (lol, that still seems funny to me) or something, and signing his ridiculous affadavits.

I think he kept the girl's (especially JC) as his secret and did not share her. He had a good thing going (for himself) and was getting away with it and I am truly hoping that those rumors of him letting other men use her or the girls were just that, rumors.

Just think, like if you saw your neighbor out back with a chainsaw or digging a hole in his yard. Or hear his wife yelling at him. I wouldn't think much of it. But I hear he is a pervert serial killer, that changes everything I saw! (now, screaming girls or women, that however is something very different and not normal in any circumstance. There are neighbors on the street that backs the street across from mine that have little kids who frequently scream or cry while out playing in the yard and you can bet I listen VERY carefully if I ever hear that to make sure it's nothing bad!)

In the Manifesto, there is a statement that "Phillip Garrido has been under the care of a psychiatrist for the past 18 years for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)". Does anyone remember any info about ongoing therapy/treatment for Garrido? I don't remember this coming up. Typically, any GP can treat ADD. It would be rare (not mention very expensive) to see a psychiatrist for this very common disorder. And if a psychiatrist were actually treating him, I would think that he/she would see him at least once a year for an medication update. Odd that nothing jumped out at the doctor about Garrido's demeanor, isn't it?
just jumping in here on the ADD. My son has it and we have to see the psychiatrist once a month. Yes, a GP or FP can treat it but many of us chose to go with a more specialized health care professional like a psychiatrist... Many of the meds used to treat it are on a controled schedule which means they cannot be written for more than one month of meds at a time... thus you go every month for a refill. The main point I am trying to make is that it is not rare or expensive to see a psychiatrist for the treatment of ADD. It is actually rather common. I just know this from "been there, done that, got the shirt" for the last seven years :)

On the other side who knows if he is telling the truth... If he is... and there really is a doctor out there (psychiatrist) who has been seeing him for the last 18 years I am sure he/she will have a LOT to say about this guy once he/she is legally able to. I am a nurse and I can tell you that his affect is like the blue light in kmart to me! His eyes are evil and disturbed and not connected to his soul? It makes me wonder if he even has one...

Sorry I don't have a link, will return to put it up, but Mr. Robinson, the next-door neighbor whose house is now a crime scene, stated to one of the news channels that when he moved in, and after Garrido had been the house's caretaker, the locks in the house were all switched--so that someone locked inside could not get out. Alot is being made in the news today about Jaycee working at the business and not trying to escape. But if she escaped she would have had to leave her children--presumably.

Authorities searching Garrido's Antioch house Saturday expanded the crime scene to include the neighboring home of Damon Robinson, according to the Associated Press. Robinson told The Times on Friday that Garrido had taken care of the house before he moved in three years ago, and that Robinson found "all the locks on my home were backward. You could lock people in" but not out.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,105534.story

Betty Unpingo, a mother of 10, always knew her neighborhood was "an easy area to get lost in for a while." But until her family threw a backyard party two years ago, Unpingo didn't know exactly who was taking advantage of that anonymity.

As the party ended, Garrido stood in front of his house across the street and motioned for the teenage girls leaving the event to come on over, she said. Unpingo's daughter was so suspicious, she checked his name on the Megan's Law list.

On the list were Garrido and several others nearby, including two living in one home. Since then, Unpingo has instituted the "buddy system." None of her children are allowed to leave the house alone.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-kidnapped31-2009aug31,0,1096874.story

bump! (disturbing)... I tend to think more will come out like this in the days and weeks to come....

Authorities on Sunday removed two paper grocery bags filled with papers from Garrido's primary residence, which he shared with his wife and mother, and boarded up the structure's windows. Searches of both parcels were expected to continue on Monday, Lee said
http://www.squamishchief.com/articl...o-couple-charged-in-kidnapping&template=cpart

so this still sounds like grandma is still alive and was living with them??? You know, the back stories on the perps will be interesting when they come to light....

It was his mother who has Alzheimer's, house that he and Nancy moved into! She has been taken to a medical facility.
It just gets stranger by the second doesn't it LinasK??!! His father states he has been estranged from his son for 18 years and hasn't talked to him in five years! So, are the grandma and grandpa divorced????

On the other side who knows if he is telling the truth... If he is... and there really is a doctor out there (psychiatrist) who has been seeing him for the last 18 years I am sure he/she will have a LOT to say about this guy once he/she is legally able to. I am a nurse and I can tell you that his affect is like the blue light in kmart to me! His eyes are evil and disturbed and not connected to his soul? It makes me wonder if he even has one...

(Bold and snipped by me)

I totally get this same thing. His stare is like that of a wild animal. He has absolutely no emotional understanding or connection AT ALL to whatever or whoever he's looking at. It almost looks like hidden camera footage of a curious grizzly bear or something. It's very jarring and it makes my whole body tense up when I see the news footage.

As details keep emerging about South Lake Tahoe kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard's life over the past 18 years in captivity, the story about her the daughters she conceived with her captor, Phillip Garrido, is not a purely horrifying one. In fact, one of Dugard's friends, Cheyvonne Molino, says that her daughters, who went by Angel and Starlet, were "polite and well-mannered" and they both loved "Hannah Montana." In fact, the girls attended a birthday party for Molino's daughter two weeks ago
http://www.theskichannel.com/news/s...of-Lake-Tahoe-Kidnapping-Victim-Seemed-Normal

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4101786&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Larry King to interview the other Garrido victim tonight[/ame]

I started a new thread on this... larry king will be interviewing Katie Callaway tonight. She is the woman he raped in the 70's

Remember his 1st rape conviction. He had a rape room all set up at a storage facility.

Didn't someone say he had another storage facility he had a tent set up at for "Religious Ceremonies"? Sounds like he is calling sex his religion. Wasn't it next door to the wrecking business where he passed out water and sandwiches and preached?

Very strange. Many of these criminals are creatures of habit and will give themselves away.

Got the following from a different blog but thought was interesting!

The poor 11-year old girl, Jacey Dugart, was kidnapped and kept in the backyard of the losers Phillip and Nancy Garrido's house in Antioch, CA. Guess what, they're house was passed by on Google Street view, and the pyscho Philip Garrido PULLS OUT OF HIS HOUSE AND FOLLOWED THE STREET VIEW CAR!

Phillip Garrido Van Caught On Google Streetview - Following the Steetview Car!

Sorry, what are the odds of this happening? Maybe he saw this and started to think that the government was trying to capture his mind waves or something.

Watching Garrido on Google Street View

1) Start Here - Click this map - it's the house in Antioch, CA - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...6&z=20&iwloc=A

2) Sorry, that's chilling. Next, click on the streetview button in the upper-left. That will show you the front of their house. Again, chilling.

3) Now, move to the left of the house (South down Walnut Ave) with arrows on the screen. You will notice that the van starts to move out of the driveway! Keep going, he's following the streetview car.

4) Go to the end of the street, he keeps following when it turns the corner. Very sad situation, he'll never see the light of day again I hope. At the end of this street, he caught up to the Streetview car.

<Snipped>

On the other side who knows if he is telling the truth... If he is... and there really is a doctor out there (psychiatrist) who has been seeing him for the last 18 years I am sure he/she will have a LOT to say about this guy once he/she is legally able to. ..
Any psychotherapist treating a defendant will not be able to say what s/he knows. Psychotherapeutic notes cannot even be discovered by the District Attorney. They are confidential and privileged. If there are mental issues in the case, which undoubtedly there are, the Court can order an involuntary evaluation. Those records have a lesser expectation of privacy and can be provided directly to the court.

IF the patient ever told the psychotherapist about his kidnapping, hostage and continuing to hold the victim, the psychotherapist would have had a Tarasoff duty to report it to LE.

Aren't there laws about disturbing the peace? A person should be able to sit at home without having to hear screaming next door. Cops get called to parties that are too loud, for goodness sake. I once called 911 in the middle of the night because I thought there was a fight in the street nearby. Turns out it was the man next door beating up his wife. The cops broke it up, and the next day the wife sat on her porch all day smoking. I don't know where the man or their kids had gone. The day after that everybody was back home and up to their usual shenanigans, although I never heard them fight like that again.

I'm still upset about the neighbor who says there were parties with men lined up to get in the tent. If I ever saw anything like that in my neighborhood, I'd call the police. It doesn't matter if he didn't know if they were hurting anyone. They shouldn't be doing drunken, depraved things in the backyard, essentially out in the open. Where are people's morals??

Seriously. I would call the police, maybe even twice and then if I really believed there were sex parties and if I knew the neighbor was a sex offender, and if I had any idea whatsoever there were kids there I would call CPS. Now, if there weren't kids, I am not sure what I would do, if the cops did nothing. Maybe if sex offender I would try to find out who covers them - like here it is the Sheriff's dept. I wouldn't just ignore it. And I am pretty much a live and let live person, I am not the nosiest neighbor. But, if I become aware of something I would have to act.

I dont' just say this without having thought a great deal about this. We had some neighbors once that had WAY too many people in their home (7 including kids in a 950 sq ft home). The city gives occupancy permits and there is no way this was allowed. I called the city several times and nothing was done. The guy with the city finally told me that when they went out, if they said only X number live there, they could do nothing, couldn't go in with out a warrant, etc. I explained I was worried they had children sleeping in a cellar - which didn't have a way out except through the house. He said their hands were tied and I should call CPS. Something about he couldn't cause he didn't witness this, only heard it from me. Oh, man, the idea of calling CPS is not a pleasant one. Who knows what will happen, and I worried about it - over a couple weeks. DH wanted me to butt out, and I prayed and worried. Then two weeks later they up and moved to a larger home in a nearby area. I was just on the brink of making the call but thankfully didn't have to. Had I any inkling the kids were abused (and really they always looked well cared for, polite, clean, etc just crowded!) or sex parties in a house with kids, I would have called without hesitation.

Got the following from a different blog but thought was interesting!

The poor 11-year old girl, Jacey Dugart, was kidnapped and kept in the backyard of the losers Phillip and Nancy Garrido's house in Antioch, CA. Guess what, they're house was passed by on Google Street view, and the pyscho Philip Garrido PULLS OUT OF HIS HOUSE AND FOLLOWED THE STREET VIEW CAR!

Phillip Garrido Van Caught On Google Streetview - Following the Steetview Car!

Sorry, what are the odds of this happening? Maybe he saw this and started to think that the government was trying to capture his mind waves or something.

Watching Garrido on Google Street View

1) Start Here - Click this map - it's the house in Antioch, CA - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...6&z=20&iwloc=A

2) Sorry, that's chilling. Next, click on the streetview button in the upper-left. That will show you the front of their house. Again, chilling.

3) Now, move to the left of the house (South down Walnut Ave) with arrows on the screen. You will notice that the van starts to move out of the driveway! Keep going, he's following the streetview car.

4) Go to the end of the street, he keeps following when it turns the corner. Very sad situation, he'll never see the light of day again I hope. At the end of this street, he caught up to the Streetview car.

That link doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member