Search Warrant Garrido Home Friday Aug 28, 2009

In a newish video at KPIX:

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54682@kpix.dayport.com

Couple of things, an interview with that Mike Rogers guy, and he shows how he can see into the yard from his yard.

More interesting, and more relevant to this thread is the fact that the video shows part of an interview with James Molino. He owns the JM Wreckers, he and his wife have been friends with Phillip Garrido for some number of years.
Phillip and his two younger daughters attended a sweet sixteen party at their house last Tuesday.
Anyhow, one of the prostitutes that was murdered, back in the 1990's, her body was found impaled on the front gate of the JM Wrecker yard.

i.b.nora, that's creepy. And considering that Phillip had the tent/church set up inside that industrial complex makes the impaling appear sacrificial IMO.

In a newish video at KPIX:

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54682@kpix.dayport.com

...More interesting, and more relevant to this thread is the fact that the video shows part of an interview with James Molino. He owns the JM Wreckers, he and his wife have been friends with Phillip Garrido for some number of years.
Phillip and his two younger daughters attended a sweet sixteen party at their house last Tuesday.
Anyhow, one of the prostitutes that was murdered, back in the 1990's, her body was found impaled on the front gate of the JM Wrecker yard.

That does sound a bit damning. Too many connections to be coincidental.

Today is Sunday and the search warrant is still being executed at the Walnut Avenue properties.

A bit ago on CNN, I got the impression that some sort of news report will be coming up soon. There were microphones in the driveway, but maybe they are always there.

First report of news conference, Sunday afternoon:

Cops: Garrido Lived in Next Door Neighbor's Yard

Sacramento News 10 ABC

"ANTIOCH, CA - The man accused of kidnapping and raping Jaycee Dugard had access to the house next door to his Antioch home and even lived on that property in a shed in 2006, according to the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department.

During a Sunday afternoon news conference, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said the home next door to Phillip Garrido was cordoned off as a crime scene Saturday after it was discovered Garrido stayed in the backyard while the home was vacant in 2006."

""He used that property and it looks like he lived on that property in a shed, so we know he was there," Lee said.

Law enforcement officers from the Contra Costa County Sheriff's, Antioch Police and Pittsburg Police expected to wrap up their search of Phillip and Nancy Garrido's Walnut Avenue home and backyard as well as the adjoining yard early Sunday evening."

and

""We're just trying to see if there's any link, any possible link, between Phillip Garrido and those open cases," Lee said. "At this point, it's just too early to say...we're going thoroughly through both backyards."

Lee said next-door neighbor Damon Robinson had been fully cooperative with authorities and was not considered a suspect in the case. Investigators were not looking to any other suspect leads in connection with the case, Lee said.

Cadaver dogs were brought in Sunday afternoon to inspect the area. Lee said he expected the search to be completed by 8 p.m. Sunday."

So, Lisa Norrell's body and those of the prostitutes were all found during a two or three month period in 1998 into 1999.

What we need to know is... are there other missing people from the area around Antioch, Pittsburg, and Contra Costa County in general.

On other threads, I see people going on and on about the clutter in the backyard. But, that car for instance, is probably most likely the original Dugard kidnap car. Amazing, that it is still there!!!

I also would imagine, that if Garrido has a connection to either the Norrell murder, or the murders of the other females, that he might have hung on to some "tokens", personal items belonging to those people. And, those things might be found amongst the clutter.

Just thinking outloud.

I believe its been announced that the searches will continue tomorrow.

Search of backyard compound continues

By Mike Taugher
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 08/30/2009 08:08:16 PM PDT
Updated: 08/30/2009 09:41:47 PM PDT

"The search had been expected to conclude late Sunday but was extended after a piece of evidence was found that required analysis.

Authorities would not identify the evidence, but the Contra Costa Sheriff's Office and police from Antioch and Pittsburg were looking for clues that might connect Phillip Garrido to open murder cases, including a series of prostitute killings that occurred in the 1990s, when several women's bodies were found dumped near a Pittsburg industrial park where Garrido did business."

So, Lisa Norrell's body and those of the prostitutes were all found during a two or three month period in 1998 into 1999.

What we need to know is... are there other missing people from the area around Antioch, Pittsburg, and Contra Costa County in general.

On other threads, I see people going on and on about the clutter in the backyard. But, that car for instance, is probably most likely the original Dugard kidnap car. Amazing, that it is still there!!!

I also would imagine, that if Garrido has a connection to either the Norrell murder, or the murders of the other females, that he might have hung on to some "tokens", personal items belonging to those people. And, those things might be found amongst the clutter.

Just thinking outloud.

And if he took items from other women, he might have given them to Jaycee or the girls as tokens (jewelry, barettes, etc)

I know they will need to photo and document everything before they disassemble it to look UNDER it and etc, plus I suppose anything could be potential evidence. What do they do in a case like this, photo everything and put it in a container to haul away and keep until they are sure they don't need it? I mean, look at that yard, where would you start?!

I am a little surprised there have not been reports. Does anyone expect that there will be soon, or does CA keep a pretty tight lid on such things? Like, if they found bodies, would we have heard by now? If he really killed those prostitutes though, he just dumped them out somewhere, did not bother concealing them. So maybe there are no bodies buried on the property?

Its Monday August 31st. I believe the search continues.

KTVU reported that the Garrido home has been condemned.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20604692/detail.html

"Authorities declared the Antioch home where kidnap victim Jaycee Lee Dugard and her two children were imprisoned in a squalid backyard compound uninhabitable Monday.

While investigators used rakes, shovels and chain saws to probe the backyard for evidence, a red tag was nailed to the front of the home declaring it uninhabitable and barring anyone was entering the structure."

I know they will need to photo and document everything before they disassemble it to look UNDER it and etc, plus I suppose anything could be potential evidence. What do they do in a case like this, photo everything and put it in a container to haul away and keep until they are sure they don't need it? I mean, look at that yard, where would you start?!

I am a little surprised there have not been reports. Does anyone expect that there will be soon, or does CA keep a pretty tight lid on such things? Like, if they found bodies, would we have heard by now? If he really killed those prostitutes though, he just dumped them out somewhere, did not bother concealing them. So maybe there are no bodies buried on the property?
Search is not over, they've found some kind of evidence,had cadaver dogs on scene, and CA does not have "Sunshine Laws" like Fla, so we may never know all, unless it comes out in court.

Like, if they found bodies, would we have heard by now? If he really killed those prostitutes though, he just dumped them out somewhere, did not bother concealing them. So maybe there are no bodies buried on the property?
The previous murders that we 'know' they are interested in seeing if he has any connection to, have all had the bodies found and identified.

1998-1999 murders: Lisa Norrell, Jessica Fredericks, Valerie Dawn Schultz, and an additional person who lived through an attack.

1992 murders: Sharon Mattos and Andrea Ingersoll.

Some people are suggesting that he may have some connection to some missing people, whose whereabouts have never been determined.

The previous murders that we 'know' they are interested in seeing if he has any connection to, have all had the bodies found and identified.

1998-1999 murders: Lisa Norrell, Jessica Fredericks, Valerie Dawn Schultz, and an additional person who lived through an attack.

Some people are suggesting that he may have some connection to some missing people, whose whereabouts have never been determined.

Right, so if they were to find bodies, would they totally keep it quiet until they have identification? Or come up empty on identification? Or would they say "bodies found, identification pending?" I am just curious, they have the guy already so would they not report what they were finding at the home if it appeared to be of significance?

I posted an article the other day that there are also some young children missing in the area whose remains have never been found. And one article I posted, it indicated that something was found that was sent for additional forensic testing.

Right, so if they were to find bodies, would they totally keep it quiet until they have identification? Or come up empty on identification? Or would they say "bodies found, identification pending?" I am just curious, they have the guy already so would they not report what they were finding at the home if it appeared to be of significance?

Every agency has different strategies in this type of situation. Early on LE admitted to searching for evidence in the prostitute murders and the murder of the Norell child. But more recently LE seems to have clamped down on any info. I think the only reason they released info about why they were searching the neighbors home was because they saw the search was causing Robinson to be viewed with suspicion.

Typically, after the search is over, after victim relatives have been talked to and told of things related to their own cases, then the media will be called in and given some limited info.

Once hearings start going to court though more info will start coming out.

There was a bone fragment found on Robinson's property yesterday. They don't know if it is human or animal, it has been sent for testing.
No one may enter the house or the property, or they risk ARREST!
The search goes on. The sound was barely audible for me.

http://cbs5.com/ KPIX video

raw video: briefing on Antioch Bone Fragment Found

Nobody2: There's your answer. A bone fragment was found yesterday on Damon Robinson's property, where they know for a fact that Garrido was messing around at and had full access to for a few years.
They said (in today's news conference) that they didn't know if it was human or animal. Well, you can bet they know by now if its human or animal. They are still there, and it looks like they will be there for awhile.
Just my read on things.

Holy smokes!!!

Remember, the beginning of this thread talked about Lisa Norrell, the murdered 15 year old.

Well, listen to this:

"About a dozen agents scoured the modest house (the neighbor's house) and the acre of land it sits on Saturday afternoon as the temperature soared into triple digits.

“The homicide detective was here this morning,” said Minnie Norrell, whose15-year-old daughter daughter Lisa was murdered in November 1998, around the same time three prostitutes were also killed.

Norrell said Garrido lives next door to one of her relatives -- a home she regularly visits for family functions.

“He just let me know they're searching. I'm really excited about that. It's the first glimmer of hope we've had since my daughter passed away.”

Lisa Norell’s body was found dumped in a remote industrial area of Pittsburgh close to where Garrido worked.

“I think I first started shaking,” said Norrell. “I'm hopeful that's who it is--just so there's an end. There will never be closure, but there will be an end.”"

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20604692/detail.html
bump to this VERY INFORMATIVE POST!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member