Chris Brown to Appear on Larry King

azwriter

Sister Mary Wanna
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't know about the rest of you women, but I am very insulted by the fact Larry King will host an appearance by Chris Brown on his show this coming Wednesday.
I for one don't want to hear from Chris Brown and his "I'm sorry" sob story.
Brown should just go off and serve his sentence and clean up his act. The less I hear from him, the better I will feel.
I've written on Larry King's blog asking him to reconsider giving this felon air time. If you feel as I do, about the awful crime of domestic abuse, you should notify King not to give Chris Brown any more exposure.
JMO

Chris should first check with his probation officer before he runs off at the mouth and end up doing that five years behind bars.

Chris should first check with his probation officer before he runs off at the mouth and end up doing that five years behind bars.

Maybe it's best he NOT check with his PO. Five years behind bars doesn't seem so bad to me.

I will watch the interview and am interested to see what he has to say. I think the more light shed on the issue of domestic violence the better. Perhaps it will help someone out there going through the same thing stand up, take accountability and get some help or help a victim stand up, get help and get out.
It is often a cycle that repeats itself, maybe someone will see themselves in what he has to say, hopefully he takes responsibility, and maybe it will save someone somewhere.

Well judging from the excerpts I have seen, he doesn't appear to take much responsibility as he claims he doesn't even remember beating her. I wonder if he "remembers" the two incidents that allegedly occurred before the one he was arrested for.

I will not be watching. This is purely a publicity stunt for an entitled punk who is desperately trying to hang onto his career. Not to mention, this show was previously taped rather than live as usual, no doubt to give his lawyers, etc a chance to have final editing approval.

Well judging from the excerpts I have seen, he doesn't appear to take much responsibility as he claims he doesn't even remember beating her. I wonder if he "remembers" the two incidents that allegedly occurred before the one he was arrested for.

I will not be watching. This is purely a publicity stunt for an entitled punk who is desperately trying to hang onto his career. Not to mention, this show was previously taped rather than live as usual, no doubt to give his lawyers, etc a chance to have final editing approval.

I saw the excerpts as well, and I agree with you. He doesn't take responsibility for his actions. IMO, it was a waste of an interview. Not to mention, it has been reported this happened more than once, but I'm sure he doesn't "remember" those other times either :rolleyes:

Excellent post Masterj. But then, I am a person who is very much against domestic abuse. I've seen promos of his appearance on LK and you're right, he plays dumb and doesn't remember beating his partner. What a cop out.
I did not know there were two previous beating incidents. Thanks for adding that.
And, a good point about the show being taped. That keeps callers from asking him questions about his behavior.
I still believe the show should also have authorities on domestic abuse to counter his appearance. I'm sending another e-mail to LK expressing my anger over giving this "wife beater" air time.

I will watch the interview and am interested to see what he has to say. I think the more light shed on the issue of domestic violence the better. Perhaps it will help someone out there going through the same thing stand up, take accountability and get some help or help a victim stand up, get help and get out.
It is often a cycle that repeats itself, maybe someone will see themselves in what he has to say, hopefully he takes responsibility, and maybe it will save someone somewhere.

Brwnigirl, since you'll be watching and I won't, could you post your reaction to Chris's appearance tomorrow night?
I won't watch it, but I'd like to know how he handles Larry's questions. And, what Larry questions him about.
I'm sure others here would also like to assign you as our correspondent for the show. Thanks in advance, if you decide to take my request.
azwriter

My favorite part of that People story is when he says he can't believe it happened because it's not who he is "nor is what happened like anything I have ever done before"

Well, except for those two others times. :rolleyes:

My favorite part of that People story is when he says he can't believe it happened because it's not who he is "nor is what happened like anything I have ever done before"

Well, except for those two others times. :rolleyes:

Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder, do all domestic abuser have memory problems?
I wonder if he'll remember the conditions of his parole.
I'm willing to bet Chris Brown, before the year is out, will somehow violate his parole and end up in jail.

Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder, do all domestic abuser have memory problems?
I wonder if he'll remember the conditions of his parole.
I'm willing to bet Chris Brown, before the year is out, will somehow violate his parole and end up in jail.

I bet he will up until he violates it ;)

Brwnigirl, since you'll be watching and I won't, could you post your reaction to Chris's appearance tomorrow night?
I won't watch it, but I'd like to know how he handles Larry's questions. And, what Larry questions him about.
I'm sure others here would also like to assign you as our correspondent for the show. Thanks in advance, if you decide to take my request.
azwriter

Yes, I will try to remember to post after I watch it, but sometimes I watch the midnight version just so you know... it might be the next day:)

Regarding Chris Brown's comments and I have not seen the excerpt but the "I don't remember" thing, I believe that it isn't always bs. It is a common response you hear from abusers and it can be a result of being in a rage. It is quite possible he doesn't remember what he did, and it is very scary at the same time.

I really don't see that this idiot is remorseful for anything other than getting caught. Remember when shortly after the assault, he was photographed on the wave runner, flexing and checking out the ladies? And now ton he night of his sentencing, he went out clubbing and got drunk in front of the cameras. I would hate to be his publicist!

I really don't see that this idiot is remorseful for anything other than getting caught. Remember when shortly after the assault, he was photographed on the wave runner, flexing and checking out the ladies? And now ton he night of his sentencing, he went out clubbing and got drunk in front of the cameras. I would hate to be his publicist!

Oh i TOTALLY agree with you!! it's just all so revolting to me the way he cries one minute then is flexing for the girls the next. then giving a heartfelt (supposedly) interview, then 2 minutes later at a strip club. I have NO pity for him at all, what-so-EVER!

I certainly will not watch this LKL show. Chris Brown should have thought about his 'image' when he beat Rihanna. This is too little, too late for me.

No sympathy from me for a woman beater.

But what about this....
What about Rihanna hitting Chris Brown. What about a woman provoking a man to the point of violence? So far I've read it happened twice. Once on the night of the beating that he was arrested for and once before, I don't remember the details. I'm not defending Chris Brown. I'm not defending any man who hits a woman. But I also wont defend a woman who hits a man first and continues to provoke these types of fights through out the relationship. If he hits you once he will hit you again. Get out and don't lead him on. MOO

But what about this....
What about Rihanna hitting Chris Brown. What about a woman provoking a man to the point of violence? So far I've read it happened twice. Once on the night of the beating that he was arrested for and once before, I don't remember the details. I'm not defending Chris Brown. I'm not defending any man who hits a woman. But I also wont defend a woman who hits a man first and continues to provoke these types of fights through out the relationship. If he hits you once he will hit you again. Get out and don't lead him on. MOO

Drew although you claim not to be defending Chris Brown, to me it sounds like you are instead blaming Rihanna for Brown's temper and behavior.
There's no report that she hit him or provoked him. When you say that, it means that yes, you are defending convicted felon, Chris Brown.

There are reports she hit him. I have to leave for work in 30 mins but I will look for a link.
So again I ask, What about Rihanna hitting Chris Brown? Is that ok?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back