CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a photo of the guy who was questioned yesterday? (not the official in the blue shirt)

Perfect place to hide a small adult's body on the fly until you think of something else, such as... setting off the fire alarm...
excellent thinking! A temporary hiding place! Until the space that the body took up caused the steam overflow and set off the fire alarm which could have prompted the hiding of the clothes in the drop down ceiling... and thusly discovery of the false wall/place to hide the body

With the type of items to be found in a lab, I don't know if blunt force trauma would be high on my list. Stabbing or strangulation would be my first thoughts. I think this was a personal crime involving rage.
(bolding mine)

So do I. :mad:

Perfect place to hide a small adult's body on the fly until you think of something else, such as... setting off the fire alarm...

I'm glad you're following.

Here's the thing. It wasn't a fire alarm. It was a Steam Alarm. Sensitive to too much heat - this was confirmed by press conference. By turning on the autoclave and putting it through it's 45 minute cycle with a human inside, we are postulating that the steam alarm was caused by this autoclave over-steaming.

The perp didn't set off the alarm, Annie did.

Now, this is just a theory. However, it could also explain why the dogs didn't smell anything, and as I love the dogs, I am supporting them by making sure everyone considers the fact that there might not have been anything to smell.

Yes--I also think that the time to kill and clean up had to have been quick, so to me, imo, makes it more of a personal attack than a random. Surely they did not/could not have had time to sexually assault her??

I have to say, someone would have to really have intimate knowledge of that lab to know where to hide her body so quickly. I think it is a classmate or someone that worked in the lab with her.

so so sad for this beautiful young woman...

Who was he anyway ~ student? :confused:

It's hard to say. I will say though that Yale is located pretty much in downtown New Haven. It is surrounded by parks, some rough housing areas, etc. and then Yale sits in the middle. It's possible that the black guy with the cornrows isn't a student, but is someone that lives around and frequents downtown New Haven, where Yale is at.

Could be that they looked down behind the wall yesterday (maybe with a mirror?) and saw that there was something (possibly wrapped up?) down there and thought it was a body, but weren't entirely sure?

That could be the case. However I think LE didn't want that info out there yet.

They had a tip that led them to the incinerator center that a student was seen putting something in a receptacle for incineration. They knew that could possibly link the perp to her death and was the most important thing at that point so they proceeded with that search today. The body would be hard to retrieve and they had probably put together the fact that her body had been autoclaved just by looking down on it. So it seeminly fell in place this afternoon.

I wonder if the later news presser tonight is to announce the arrest of one or two perps?

Just saying and it could be all wrong.

That they're "assuming" the body is Le's even though she's only been dead for five days suggests something really bad happened to the body. The autoclave theory sounds plausible.

excellent thinking! A temporary hiding place! Until the space that the body took up caused the steam overflow and set off the fire alarm which could have prompted the hiding of the clothes in the drop down ceiling... and thusly discovery of the false wall/place to hide the body
The problem I have with this theory is LE would have found signs she had been in the autoclave, imo.

I'm a page behind, but ... I have wondered that autoclaving the body makes decomp a non-issue. What's left is the 20% of the human body that is non-liquid, if I understand this correctly, the rest of the liquids from the body would drain out. NO DECOMP. ???? Just guessing here.

I don't believe so. A previous poster speculated that would be the case, but I don't think so. An autoclave is basically a pressure cooker- it's wet heat. I think it would hasten decomp.

I do not believe this happened- it would be an unnecessary complication if you were trying to hide a body.

If she was in a chase in a wall, maybe she was in a pipe or air duct in a chase in a wall, and that could be why the dogs didn't sniff her and why they're having trouble getting her out.

The university officials explained today that the alarm was not a fire alarm. It was a steam alarm. Labrat explained that she believes the alarm was caused by the autoclave being too full - too much steam was produced and set off the steam (fire) alarm. Too full means too much liquid. I'm saying, the too much liquid was a human body in the autoclave. And no, autoclaves do not produce smells from tissue, at least I think that's one use of autoclaving. Discarding tissue, no smell.

I guess, sadly, I'm saying, Annie set off her own alarm. :eek:

i wonder if that process kills everything so no DNA can't be discovered? Since it's like a washing machine maybe she fought someone close to and they pushed her in?? i wonder if the student that failed the lie det. test is one of her lab partners?

Is there a photo of the guy who was questioned yesterday? (not the official in the blue shirt)

I think this is the one you're talking about.. (the investigator is on the right, the guy questioned is on the left)
2la4odz.jpg

Now, this is just a theory. However, it could also explain why the dogs didn't smell anything, and as I love the dogs, I am supporting them by making sure everyone considers the fact that there might not have been anything to smell.

Yes, I agree... After 45 minutes of steaming there wasn't much to be sniffed by the dogs. And I'm so sad and freaked out at writing that sentence - the one I've been thinking ever since "autoclave" was first mentioned. Dear God, please make this world a better place... :(

If that photo I saw earlier was any indication...it was definitely not a sterile environment.

The reason the dogs didn't locate her earlier is probably because they weren't brought in until this weekend. The brought bloodhounds in on Thursday or Friday, but I don't think the cadaver dogs arrived on the scene until Saturday when they found the bloody clothes.
it reminds me more and more of the NYC case where the woman was last seen in the building...

Investigations are a process..... I really don't think, considering where she was hidden, that they could have found her any more quickly than they did... considering the square footage, the sheer nature of the ventilation of a building of this type, the extraneous factors including her upcoming wedding and the fact that she is an adult who they considered at the onset could have walked away of her own accord. considering all those factors I think it is amazing that fbi came in so quickly, they were able to analyze all 75 surv. cameras, and find her (allegedly of course) so quickly. I have all confidence that they will catch the perp equally quickly.. if they don't already have him in spades.

I'm glad you're following.

Here's the thing. It wasn't a fire alarm. It was a Steam Alarm. Sensitive to too much heat - this was confirmed by press conference. By turning on the autoclave and putting it through it's 45 minute cycle with a human inside, we are postulating that the steam alarm was caused by this autoclave over-steaming.

The perp didn't set off the alarm, Annie did.

I think the point you made before gives a real picture of what would have happened, that what, a large number of gallons of water that make up the human body turned into steam and it was too much for the autoclave to handle so it popped it's lid or whatever. That is how Annie set off the alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll