Kanye West ruins another acceptance speech

Does anybody remember what he did at the Katrina benefit?

I'm from Louisiana, about an hour from New Orleans so I was watching this benefit, feeling a lot of emotion for all the people Katrina effected.

I thought it was great that so many celebrities came forward and did a telethon kinda thing to raise money. It was not long after Katrina and this part of the country was really suffering.

It was a beautiful thing....until.....Kanye!

He was with Mike Myers talking about the issue and asking for donations...etc.
Then, all of a sudden he shouts out "George Bush does not care about black people!!!"
Mike Myers looked mortified.

It was horrible. Not the time or place for that crap.

I do remember that! As soon as I watched this latest Kanye outburst,I thought of this. I also remember how Mike Myers got the most sickest look on this face,so awkward for Mike.

I agree with other posters,he should be banned from award shows,and no one should interview him. Maybe that will wipe the smugness off his face.:furious:

Trying to see if I did this link posting thing right.

The Katrina benefit video.

YouTube - Kanye West Hurricane Katrina

A perfect example of just how ignorant he is! He ranks right up there with Chris Brown, he thinks he represents his culture but the truth is he is an embarrassment not only to his culture and his fans but to everyone in the industry. I'm sorry the kid lost his mom, I'm sorry he had a hard life but there is absolutely no reason for him to be a total a&&hole.
My heart just broke for Taylor...she will never have that moment again and she has worked as hard for her moment as Kanye or Byonce' or anyone else in the industry has.

I also thought about the fact he lost his mom. That happened after the whole Katrina thing.
Even knowing what kind of a person he is, I still felt for him when his mom died.

I just don't get why SOMEBODY close to him will not/can not talk to him and make him understand that the way is acts is unacceptable.

It makes me think of the people on American Idol that try out and really do think they can sing, and we all say "how on earth can they think that sounds good?" You know, cause they really do think they are great.

I think that's how Kanye feels. He thinks he is being some kind of a spokes person for a group of people. Like he's standing up and using his stardom to help them. Truth be told, I bet they think he sounds as crazy as we think he sounds.

Trying to see if I did this link posting thing right.

The Katrina benefit video.

YouTube - Kanye West Hurricane Katrina

This guy is a total loser. Sweet Mary! A drive being done to support *ALL* the victims of Katrina and he has to make it some racial "thing"??? Get out of your own Narcissistic world and see the realities out there. That said...

Someone should write for him, stand behind him, and then speak for him. The jerk sounds like his brain is fried and can't speak a sentence to save his life. Blech....

I think he needs a MOD on his azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to keep him in line.

besides attacking taylor, gretchen, the dixie chicks and GWB (and yes, i think it's racially motivated), his bullying also includes:

Stage Crashing European-Style
November 2, 2006
West was having a good night at the MTV Europe Music Awards when, after picking up the best hip-hop artist award, he lost best video to a French duo named Justice vs. Simian. Outraged, he interrupted their acceptance speech with a profanity-laced rant: "If I don't win," he said, "the award show loses credibility."

Backstage Blowup at VMAs
September 9, 2007
Despite five nominations, West failed to win a single trophy in 2007, his second year going home empty-handed. His reaction? "Give a black man a chance," he yelled. "That's two years in a row!" He then declared that he would never come back to an MTV award show.

Paparazzi Scuffle at LAX
September 11, 2008
At the Los Angeles International Airport, West and his manager were arrested for damaging a photographer's camera. West was charged with misdemeanor vandalism, battery and grand theft. He pleaded not guilty in May.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20302940_20304330,00.html

HOW RUDE AND SELFISH HE IS!
He embarrassed allot of people.
I thought he wanted to do GOOD for his deceased mother!
LOL, what a bum! IMO

Oh My Lord. What is that woman wearing? She has a fine tuned body but YIKES. It looks like she is ready to jump in with a pack of Cheeta's or something.

More than she usually wears!!! LoL She's a former exotic dancer that is now best known for modeling with every little, if any at all, clothing on.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its a duck.. or in this case a racist black man with a mega-aero-encephaly.. ( a huge inflated head)

I echo Pinks sentiments .. now enough said as this is exactly - just cant decide if its case he is not the sharpest tool in the shed or cause its a calculated event to sitr controversey and gain medis coverage.

A perfect example of just how ignorant he is! He ranks right up there with Chris Brown, he thinks he represents his culture but the truth is he is an embarrassment not only to his culture and his fans but to everyone in the industry. I'm sorry the kid lost his mom, I'm sorry he had a hard life but there is absolutely no reason for him to be a total a&&hole.
My heart just broke for Taylor...she will never have that moment again and she has worked as hard for her moment as Kanye or Byonce' or anyone else in the industry has.

He hasn't had a hard life - he's just a jerk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West

While I could go on and on about KW...I prefer to put a positive spin on this. Look at the free press it has given Taylor S. and Beyonce, too! What Beyonce did showed much class and was something Taylor will always remember receiving that award as much as KW tried to ruin her moment. It brought out the best in others which triumphed over his horrific actions.

Jay Leno's zing was exactly what I wanted someone to ask him...."What would your mother say about this?". Shut him right up, didn't it?! You Go, Jay!

It's obvious Kanye hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut (Someone needs to shove some fishsticks in his mouth or something.). I still can't stand him, but at least Beyonce showed she was a classy lady to make sure Taylor had her moment.

Yeah I talked about this incident on my radio show last night. I had a Kanye song coming up on the playlist, and I told the listeners I was dropping it and replacing it with Taylor's song, lol. And I did!

Jay Leno's zing was exactly what I wanted someone to ask him...."What would your mother say about this?". Shut him right up, didn't it?! You Go, Jay!

Oh, he knows what his mother would have probably said about it... I think he just shut up so as not to dig his grave deeper. Donda facilitated his arrogance from a very young age... in past controversies she was right there supporting him, mooning over him and taking his outbursts as lessons of "passion, tolerance, patience, and above all, always telling the truth". How she talked about him in various interviews, he was the end-all be-all to the music/hip-hop world and could do no wrong. (This is a woman that wanted the likes of Kanye and other hip-hop artists incorporated into school curriculums, because she thought hip-hop would be an important life learning tool. She was a strong supporter of ebonic studies being mandatory in school)

...I think I disagree with the whole world on this issue,I'm glad this generation has their axl rose or dave mustaine...there isn't much of that punk vibe,rebellious vibe out there anymore....I think the industry always needs "jackasses" that get wasted and speak their mind .....and I also agree with him that no way ,no how does Taylor Swift even belong in a category with Lady GaGa ,Pink or Beyonce....she has no originality,a sweet voice at best ,can't move ,she's just a sweet little girl and let's not forget she herself was surprised that she won,because she shouldn't have....just my opinion....

...I think I disagree with the whole world on this issue,I'm glad this generation has their axl rose or dave mustaine...there isn't much of that punk vibe,rebellious vibe out there anymore....I think the industry always needs "jackasses" that get wasted and speak their mind .....and I also agree with him that no way ,no how does Taylor Swift even belong in a category with Lady GaGa ,Pink or Beyonce....she has no originality,a sweet voice at best ,can't move ,she's just a sweet little girl and let's not forget she herself was surprised that she won,because she shouldn't have....just my opinion....

I am not sure, but if the people-official voters voted her the winner, why should she ridiculed?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back