People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
@notmykids: Really? Wow. I was platinum as a baby but it had changed to dark brown by the time I was 8. I didn't really think it was possible to go dark after puberty, at the latest.

@kbl: No, I saw her image by accident. I was waiting in line at a grocery store and there she was on the magazine rack. I didn't buy the magazine, I just saw the cover. I still think it's exploitative. If it had not been for the incredible media and financial pressure, I can't imagine she would want to put herself out there like that. I want her to live a life where she's not gawked at and this certainly doesn't help.

OMG thanks for the laugh!!!!:laughbounce:

anytime. i needed the laugh myself.
btw my stop and shop was down from a 100 people mags friday morning to about 40 this morning. hot seller

Oh, and the reason why I know what her eldest daughter's hair looks like is because I saw the blurred out photo of the two girls from before.

Oh, and the reason why I know what her eldest daughter's hair looks like is because I saw the blurred out photo of the two girls from before.

dont really care what her hair or there hair looks like.
jaycee looks great that's all that mattered to me. i dont care if her hair was green at this point.

@notmykids: Really? Wow. I was platinum as a baby but it had changed to dark brown by the time I was 8. I didn't really think it was possible to go dark after puberty, at the latest.

People still think I dyed it, or am still dying it. But I didn't, and I don't. I know it isn't typical, but it can happen. It is also possible that Jaycee's is a really good dye job to help protect her privacy or that they were even retouched after they were taken. I don't think it really matters, I was just observing. The least important thing here is anyone's hair color.

People still think I dyed it, or am still dying it. But I didn't, and I don't. I know it isn't typical, but it can happen. It is also possible that Jaycee's is a really good dye job to help protect her privacy or that they were even retouched after they were taken. I don't think it really matters, I was just observing. The least important thing here is anyone's hair color.

whats most important is she looks great and is clearly ecstatic to be back with her family

In the pic of Jaycee as a child the hair underneath and at the scalp can be seen to be about a medium brown. Once the blonde towheaded child highlights grew out or were cut Jaycee could have ended up with medium brown hair. Both her daughters have pretty hair, but youngest has the prettiest blonde hair. So many spend lots of money trying to get the highlighted look that she has.

In the pic of Jaycee as a child the hair underneath and at the scalp can be seen to be about a medium brown. Once the blonde towheaded child highlights grew out or were cut Jaycee could have ended up with medium brown hair. Both her daughters have pretty hair, but youngest has the prettiest blonde hair. So many spend lots of money trying to get the highlighted look that she has.

this whole hair thing is kinda tiresmoe sigh

@Kbl: I didn't say that you cared. I, too, wrote earlier that I thought hair color was a minor point. I wrote that extra note there because I thought maybe someone, not necessarily you, would think, "Well, how did you know what color hair the oldest had if you didn't buy the magazine?" I just wanted to clarify any possible misunderstanding considering it has happened a lot on this board.

That's all. The context was about purchasing the magazine, which I had not.

this whole hair thing is kinda tiresmoe sigh

Sorry. It's just that to me Jaycee isn't blonde. If all these customers and neighbors are reporting that they saw a blonde woman it makes me wonder who she is. Someone else? Something they're making up completely? The woman from the business card? Another missing person? Jaycee with dyed hair, or hair that looks different in a certain kind of light?

Since things like hair color can be subjective I was just wondering what everyone else thought, and the consensus seems to be the last option.

Sorry. It's just that to me Jaycee isn't blonde. If all these customers and neighbors are reporting that they saw a blonde woman it makes me wonder who she is. Someone else? Something they're making up completely? The woman from the business card? Another missing person? Jaycee with dyed hair, or hair that looks different in a certain kind of light?

Since things like hair color can be subjective I was just wondering what everyone else thought, and the consensus seems to be the last option.

she probably dyed her hair now.
im assuming that.
the pic on the buisness card is real tiressome too at this point. it's a pic of someone in the 80's probably someone garrido never even met

In most cases they hadn't seen her all that often or some time back. In any case, her hair is more "brunette with strong blonde highlights", which some people would describe as blonde rather than brunette. She is kind of inbetween.

@kbl: No, I saw her image by accident. I was waiting in line at a grocery store and there she was on the magazine rack. I didn't buy the magazine, I just saw the cover. I still think it's exploitative. If it had not been for the incredible media and financial pressure, I can't imagine she would want to put herself out there like that. I want her to live a life where she's not gawked at and this certainly doesn't help.
This is a very special case, and it can change laws, it is most often that we find victims dead, an this gives new hope to many moms who have still got children that have not been found.
I think it is a celebration of something good and positive.
I think if JC is thinking to help other victims in the future, this is a positive move part of her story a loving reunion.

It did not at all exploit her, because we know nothing about her privet fiasco from this article at all. We did not see her children, as it should be. And it was done with total respect of all concerned.
However I did notice that the mad buz about her case has dwindled.

I also imagine that it felt good to JC to know how much people did care, search, and that she was never forgotten.

I am of the opinion that until a trial comes there will not be much more printed.

Blurred out means that none of us know what they look like.

Hair color is easy to buy, I do not know anyone who's coloring does not change naturally.
as a result some select to color.

She hasn't lived a normal life in 18 years, she's pretty much been in hiding. IMO, she is taking back her life and expressing her new found freedom by showing herself to the world as Jaycee and not "Alysa."

This is a very special case, and it can change laws, it is most often that we find victims dead, an this gives new hope to many moms who have still got children that have not been found.
I think it is a celebration of something good and positive.
I think if JC is thinking to help other victims in the future, this is a positive move part of her story a loving reunion.

It did not at all exploit her, because we know nothing about her privet fiasco from this article at all. We did not see her children, as it should be. And it was done with total respect of all concerned.
However I did notice that the mad buz about her case has dwindled.

I also imagine that it felt good to JC to know how much people did care, search, and that she was never forgotten.

I am of the opinion that until a trial comes there will not be much more printed.

oct 29th prelim hearing.
i can bet there will be lots of coverage then anyways.
jaycee's saying she wants to help other victims of ths crime impressed me. you would think she would just want to be left alone after all she has been thru. the strength to take what was so awful that happened to you and use it to help other children and there families is beatufil.

She hasn't lived a normal life in 18 years, she's pretty much been in hiding. IMO, she is taking back her life and expressing her new found freedom by showing herself to the world as Jaycee and not "Alysa."

great post :)

@Songline: So you think she would have put herself out there if there had been no media or financial pressure? Please. Listen, you don't have to be on the cover of a national magazine to reclaim your life.

Obviously, you and others think this is just fine. I don't. That's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa